Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #43764630. #43764690, #43764785 are all replies on the same post.

deathcape wrote: 2 days now and every time i try to get mods for my nexus manager to download it keeps reading the site as offline due to heavy load kinda getting tired of this
Katherynliza wrote: You can download mods manual from the site and use nmm to install them.
Vondergeist wrote: some mods are "mod manager is highly recommended" so yea sometimes that does not help, but it is worth a try.

You can still install the mod with the manager after you download it. It's as simple as clicking the nifty little plus sign on the top left hand side of NMM. NMM does NOT have to be online to install mods from your hard drive.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43786640.

chikawowwow wrote: No matter how bad it gets it will never be trying to download Bloodlines for Oblivion through a dial-up connection bad. I loved the site even then, I don't know if there is anything given for free that exceeds the Nexus in quality and service?

Oh gods alive, you just game me flashbacks of trying to download Static Mesh Mod through the phone companies internet a few years back O.o

Seven hours.

SEVEN HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to post #43746270. #43746460, #43746755, #43749045, #43749835, #43752980, #43753020, #43753585, #43754830, #43757670, #43761640, #43761700, #43762280, #43762495, #43764945, #43765225, #43765555, #43765600, #43766625, #43766725, #43767325, #43767755, #43774185 are all replies on the same post.

Katherynliza wrote: If anyone wants to download mods but still use the nexus manger while you can not log in.
Thank You to @Synn88 for Noticing an Error I did (I change the view & Change once and will stay changed)
Click Mod tab -->
Click on "Switch the Mod Manger Views" (Last icon listed on the left) -->
New Clean View
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the mod you want to download -->
Click Green Button Says " DOWNLOAD (MANUAL)" -->
Scroll Down and Click "download manually" (For the main file)-->
Click Green Button says "CONTINUE WITH MY DOWNLOAD"-->
Go into nexus mod manger -->
Go to Mod tab -->
Click plus (In top left hand corner of tab) -->
Select the file you just download -->
Wait (The mod is listed without check mark) -->
Double Click (Left of mod name) mod -->
Setup starts or Activated(Check-mark by mod)

PS If you have problems purge downloads.
CyberTao2013 wrote: God bless you
Shizane2004 wrote: Seriously....thank you....
raldi13 wrote: Actually this should work so, but he sets the mod to be installed only on the queue. When I try to install it via the blue play-button again, it's required that I log in. I find this strange because I have already downloaded the mod, I want to install it only.

Drag and drop doesn't work either...
KungPaoChicken72 wrote: thnx so much
Katherynliza wrote: Did you Double Click(Left of name) the mod?
Katherynliza wrote: Copy previous comment of " Did you Double Click(Left of name) the mod? "
caralampio wrote: This doesn't work for me. Every time I get error during installation at about 96%, happens with all mods and all games.
Katherynliza wrote: What error do you get?
Barenziah1 wrote: Thanks
GreyWolfCPD wrote: Uh... I'm confused. I try to download the file like said, but it makes me run through each folder... how the heck do you do this? I'm so lost and confused... can anyone help?
Katherynliza wrote: What are you confused on?
HadToRegister wrote: The method talked about in the OP has NEVER worked for me in any version of NMM
Katherynliza wrote: Have you tried again. Also if have problem try purging downloads.
petewolf wrote: you are a blessing for the community Katherynliza, great job.
Bloodplague wrote: this post needs to be pinned to the top of the OP lol
charmin86 wrote: At first: Thank's for the tutorial!

What I really don't understand is that so many people always need someone to tell em what to do nowadays...If I have problems like these I would simply use google to find the answer. It seems like evolution is taking a huge step backwards.
This is not ment to be harsh, just my opinion.
KingDDD666 wrote: You are THE MAN!
srlockh wrote: Hey, thanks for the solution, it worked here. But there's a problem, some mods (20/50 i downloaded) shows a error message whenever i try to add it throught the plus button. It says: Mod can't be added - Status: Incomplete. I don't know what it its, tried to fix it but nothing came as a solution.
Terrra wrote: you're rude and it was meant to be harsh. Most of the premium/support members on this site are. Always ridiculing people and making snarky remarks.
HadToRegister wrote:

Terrra 0 kudos 1 posts
you're rude and it was meant to be harsh. Most of the premium/support members on this site are. Always ridiculing people and making snarky remarks.

Because clicking on the big ? icon inside NMM that brings you to a WIKI page that also has video tutorials to answer any and all questions is too hard for people to do, and instead, when they run into the slightest problem, immediately ask for help and hand-holding?

That explains why Bethesda keeps making heir interface easier and easier with quest markers for every little thing, because people obviously aren't being taught any kind of critical thinking whatsoever, so when they run into a snag, instead of trying to figure it out, they immediately post their problem on several forums at once, because it's easier to have people tell you what to do, rather than figure things out for yourself.

The more you figure out things for yourself, the more you learn and retain.
Having someone else do the thinking for you robs you of the opportunity to learn and improve.
A lot of modders had to figure things out for themselves, it's why they got so good at what they do.
Terrra wrote: Yet for some reason I can't fathom . . . all you people who are supposedly annoyed or having a lack of patience towards these questions most of you hint or quite plainly state are 'stupid,' reply. And not to help, God, no. You do it to make them feel . . . what's that word you people put on a pedestal . . . stupid. There we go.
Bloodplague wrote: bump back to top

Bumping the bump to bump again.

In response to post #43786640. #43796755 is also a reply to the same post.

chikawowwow wrote: No matter how bad it gets it will never be trying to download Bloodlines for Oblivion through a dial-up connection bad. I loved the site even then, I don't know if there is anything given for free that exceeds the Nexus in quality and service?
AleniaVamp2000 wrote: Oh gods alive, you just game me flashbacks of trying to download Static Mesh Mod through the phone companies internet a few years back O.o

Seven hours.

I don't want to be the 'my story is better than yours', but my AOL connection told me more than 2 days for that download.
I remember it well because it had been a day an a bit and there was a call to my home line... Disconnecting the internet and AOL couldn't retain the download so I lost it all. I had to go to a friends house with blank a CD to download then burn the mod to disc. I was one of the last people I know to get broadband.

I'm not sure if I won at having the worst dial-up story or having the most pitiful story of owning primeval technology (techeval?) lol....

In response to post #43786640. #43796755, #43797335 are all replies on the same post.

AleniaVamp2000 wrote: Oh gods alive, you just game me flashbacks of trying to download Static Mesh Mod through the phone companies internet a few years back O.o

Seven hours.

chikawowwow wrote: I don't want to be the 'my story is better than yours', but my AOL connection told me more than 2 days for that download.
I remember it well because it had been a day an a bit and there was a call to my home line... Disconnecting the internet and AOL couldn't retain the download so I lost it all. I had to go to a friends house with blank a CD to download then burn the mod to disc. I was one of the last people I know to get broadband.

I'm not sure if I won at having the worst dial-up story or having the most pitiful story of owning primeval technology (techeval?) lol....

Agh, the dreaded "Phone Call of DOOM"... I feel like I should offer you a hug, what with you having to re-live such horrors ;)

In response to post #43786640. #43796755, #43797335, #43797790 are all replies on the same post.

Seven hours.

chikawowwow wrote: I don't want to be the 'my story is better than yours', but my AOL connection told me more than 2 days for that download.

AleniaVamp2000 wrote: Agh, the dreaded "Phone Call of DOOM"... I feel like I should offer you a hug, what with you having to re-live such horrors ;)

It's all very traumatic. Hearing all this news about the Nexus lagging just brings it all back to me....

We should start a Internet Survivors group with biscuits and everything!

In response to post #43746270. #43746460, #43746755, #43749045, #43749835, #43752980, #43753020, #43753585, #43754830, #43757670, #43761640, #43761700, #43762280, #43762495, #43764945, #43765225, #43765555, #43765600, #43766625, #43766725, #43767325, #43767755, #43774185, #43797020 are all replies on the same post.

Katherynliza wrote: If anyone wants to download mods but still use the nexus manger while you can not log in.
Thank You to @Synn88 for Noticing an Error I did (I change the view & Change once and will stay changed)
Click Mod tab -->
Click on "Switch the Mod Manger Views" (Last icon listed on the left) -->
New Clean View
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the mod you want to download -->
Click Green Button Says " DOWNLOAD (MANUAL)" -->
Scroll Down and Click "download manually" (For the main file)-->
Click Green Button says "CONTINUE WITH MY DOWNLOAD"-->
Go into nexus mod manger -->
Go to Mod tab -->
Click plus (In top left hand corner of tab) -->
Select the file you just download -->
Wait (The mod is listed without check mark) -->
Double Click (Left of mod name) mod -->
Setup starts or Activated(Check-mark by mod)

PS If you have problems purge downloads.
CyberTao2013 wrote: God bless you
Shizane2004 wrote: Seriously....thank you....
raldi13 wrote: Actually this should work so, but he sets the mod to be installed only on the queue. When I try to install it via the blue play-button again, it's required that I log in. I find this strange because I have already downloaded the mod, I want to install it only.

Drag and drop doesn't work either...
KungPaoChicken72 wrote: thnx so much
Katherynliza wrote: Did you Double Click(Left of name) the mod?
Katherynliza wrote: Copy previous comment of " Did you Double Click(Left of name) the mod? "
caralampio wrote: This doesn't work for me. Every time I get error during installation at about 96%, happens with all mods and all games.
Katherynliza wrote: What error do you get?
Barenziah1 wrote: Thanks
GreyWolfCPD wrote: Uh... I'm confused. I try to download the file like said, but it makes me run through each folder... how the heck do you do this? I'm so lost and confused... can anyone help?
Katherynliza wrote: What are you confused on?
HadToRegister wrote: The method talked about in the OP has NEVER worked for me in any version of NMM
Katherynliza wrote: Have you tried again. Also if have problem try purging downloads.
petewolf wrote: you are a blessing for the community Katherynliza, great job.
Bloodplague wrote: this post needs to be pinned to the top of the OP lol
charmin86 wrote: At first: Thank's for the tutorial!

What I really don't understand is that so many people always need someone to tell em what to do nowadays...If I have problems like these I would simply use google to find the answer. It seems like evolution is taking a huge step backwards.
This is not ment to be harsh, just my opinion.
KingDDD666 wrote: You are THE MAN!
srlockh wrote: Hey, thanks for the solution, it worked here. But there's a problem, some mods (20/50 i downloaded) shows a error message whenever i try to add it throught the plus button. It says: Mod can't be added - Status: Incomplete. I don't know what it its, tried to fix it but nothing came as a solution.
Terrra wrote: you're rude and it was meant to be harsh. Most of the premium/support members on this site are. Always ridiculing people and making snarky remarks.
HadToRegister wrote:

Terrra 0 kudos 1 posts
you're rude and it was meant to be harsh. Most of the premium/support members on this site are. Always ridiculing people and making snarky remarks.

Because clicking on the big ? icon inside NMM that brings you to a WIKI page that also has video tutorials to answer any and all questions is too hard for people to do, and instead, when they run into the slightest problem, immediately ask for help and hand-holding?

That explains why Bethesda keeps making heir interface easier and easier with quest markers for every little thing, because people obviously aren't being taught any kind of critical thinking whatsoever, so when they run into a snag, instead of trying to figure it out, they immediately post their problem on several forums at once, because it's easier to have people tell you what to do, rather than figure things out for yourself.

The more you figure out things for yourself, the more you learn and retain.
Having someone else do the thinking for you robs you of the opportunity to learn and improve.
A lot of modders had to figure things out for themselves, it's why they got so good at what they do.
Terrra wrote: Yet for some reason I can't fathom . . . all you people who are supposedly annoyed or having a lack of patience towards these questions most of you hint or quite plainly state are 'stupid,' reply. And not to help, God, no. You do it to make them feel . . . what's that word you people put on a pedestal . . . stupid. There we go.
Bloodplague wrote: bump back to top
AleniaVamp2000 wrote: Bumping the bump to bump again.

Thank you!!!