SSE ENB in doubt

SMB92

Yes I see he has decided to have a go at it now by popular demand. I personally would prefer he prioritize this over F4, as it's ot really needed there. Excited to see what he comes up with!

This statement below is just an OPINION (OK?)

There is Reshade which works really well the guy who made it has added a lot of effects for it and it's possible it could even be a replacement to the older ENB engine (to each their own of course)

I had likes and dislikes about the ENB engine that Boris created, some of the effects were awesome (Subsurface scattering shader), some were extremely laggy and poorly optimized. It's good in its own way but I found it ate too much of my frame rate (I do have a powerful GPU anyway (GTX 980m 8GB). Skyrim SE plays much nicer now that it's using a 64-bit render target solution.

Skyrim SE graphics modding is similar complex and limited as with Fallout 4, so ENBSeries for it will not be similar by amount of features as for original Skyrim.

I guess he is making enb afterall.

The lack of features is what bothers me. What good is "better stability" if it can never look as good as original skyrim? Doesn't help that modders will want to jump ship to sse only because they don't really care about making the game look as good as possible.

Skyrim SE graphics modding is similar complex and limited as with Fallout 4, so ENBSeries for it will not be similar by amount of features as for original Skyrim.

I guess he is making enb afterall.

The lack of features is what bothers me. What good is "better stability" if it can never look as good as original skyrim? Doesn't help that modders will want to jump ship to sse only because they don't really care about making the game look as good as possible.

well thats just you being negative now. I'm pretty sure SSE will be much better than Skyrim in the long run.

Well it looks a lot better, while I still agree I'd like the look of the ENB, the performance is too good to go back.