Lost sound and ESC key after NMM update!

num1sailingnut

Hi all!

I played FO4 5 days ago and everything was working just peachy. I got back to playing today and crazy issues!

When I start the game I have the sound playing at the main menu. When I load a saved game, there is no sound at all.

Also when at the main menu the ESC key works as it should in various menus. After loading a save the ESC key no longer brings up the menu.

The only thing that changed (that I know of) is that I installed the latest version of NMM. It does not seem reasonable to me that NMM caused this issue but it is the only thing that changed. I'm quite certain that the main game did not auto update (yeah I've been meaning to turn that off!) because I'm running F4SE and it always complains after the game updates and I have to downloat the compatible version.

Any help is appreciated!

TIA :dance:

Well, I found my sound problem right after posting this.

I had the "Overwolf" program running and once it got it's "hooks" into FO4, the sound shut off. It was never an issue in the past and I kind of liked it's FPS display, but no great loss!

I still have the ESC key issue, but that's not quite as bothersome. Also going to see if I have any other stuff running trying to "help" me with my games.