Are Female Armors Denigrating?

Aurielius

102 members have voted

1. 1. Female armors are denigrating.

• Yes they are offensive. (Male perspective)
    • No they are just a style choice.(Male perspective)
    • It's just another immersion choice. (Male perspective)
    • Yes they are offensive. (Female perspective.)
    • No they are just another style choice. (Female perspective.)
    • It's just another immersion choice. (Female perspective.)

Well we actually don't really know. There has only been one woman found in the Peat Bogs and she from about 3 to 400 years earlier and was completely nude and apparently she was not under duress when she died.

The men we have found wearing linen and leather. There has been one man wearing linen and leather that was from the approximate time.

Other than that we have no written history and most of those paintings you mention were from later and were undoubtedly influenced by the social mores in force and enforced during that later period.

Harbringe, if I were you I'd put that psychology degree back in the cracker jack box.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/fabian365/f365%20smilies/smiley-stroking-chin.gif

I don't think harbinger is completely wrong. .. There could be something deep in side the male psyche that is looking for something that they otherwise can't find in reality. Need to dig throu the scientific records and statistics ..

hold on just a sex .. ops oh no no no sorry about that ...just a second .

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/fabian365/f365%20smilies/smiley-stroking-chin.gif... I still haven't found what I'm looking for ..

ah yes.. now I got it ..

They seam in search of a motherly protector where they emotionally can drop their defensive wall that they would in reality uphold to protect themselves.

This could be a possible explanation. i don't claim that Psychology is always correct. In fact it is just guess work and poking with a stick in the dark.

On the other hand much problems could be solved if we just pull down our pants and slide on ice.

This was a house call .. but the 1st one is for free..

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/fabian365/f365%20smilies/smiley-stroking-chin.gif

I don't think harbinger is completely wrong. .. There could be something deep in side the male psyche that is looking for something that they otherwise can't find in reality. Need to dig throu the scientific records and statistics ..

hold on just a sex .. ops oh no no no sorry about that ...just a second .

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/fabian365/f365%20smilies/smiley-stroking-chin.gif... I still haven't found what I'm looking for ..

ah yes.. now I got it ..

They seam in search of a motherly protector where they emotionally can drop their defensive wall that they would in reality uphold to protect themselves.

This could be a possible explanation. i don't claim that Psychology is always correct. In fact it is just guess work and poking with a stick in the dark.

On the other hand much problems could be solved if we just pull down our pants and slide on ice.

This was a house call .. but the 1st one is for free..

A quote with no reference? I'm not buying it. Plus I'm a woman, so 'splain that. You do realize that at least half of psychology is just crazy people making crap up, right?

a seam is a line where two pieces are joined together, by the way

Harbringe, if I were you I'd put that psychology degree back in the cracker jack box.

Can't keep reading these threads and that lil hand crank on my box keeps turning and eventually boing:biggrin:

My above comet was a real shoot in the blue. I admit this.

The aspects of the intimacy of men regarding that they uses codes as well not to openly ask about their most intimate needs. Reflecting this in their language more often in the male to male behaviour, as well as some of it is also handled as second related subject to many published works about feminism, be it conflicting partnerships, or emotional abuse,s to the expression of violent behaviour, to domestic violence. (There is much on all that points to this diction that most of the works about feminism have this in common when analysing male behaviour on scientific works in contradiction with above mentioned fields subjects) It needs not a genius to draw a line from emotional needs and wants to see that there could be some truth in the behaviour of male gamers wanting skimpy armors for a female heroine.

It is a not a great secret that males that openly and direct asking for the own most intimacy needs is seen by others as a weakness.

Since sociology and psychology are soft sciences this can be disputed

I would recommend reading on subject the following works to start with.

"A new psychology of men" by William S. Pollack

"The emotionally abused and neglected child" by Dorota Iwaniec

Yes, this can be cross related to another topic here in debates... guess why I thought about this ?

rofl Harbringe...

For my point of view, i think the way female charakters are depicted in some Videogames just immature. No woman would dress like that, the Female Armor Video explain why. And even this wouldn't be about armory, they wouldn't do that. Just because it isn't that simple to getting a girl undress herself.

I have more consern about the way other gamers, modders, depicted woman.

Especialy some Oblivion and Fallout Mods cause my disgust. You know which one i mean, this rapeing stuff, clearly hentai background, promoted by people which celebrate this lolita childsex subculture. Its all over the nexus, or was.

But its looks like thats the way our culture is going. Right the Roman Path. Sex and Violence.

Hit Star Wars game lets players 'own' and torment female slaves with electric shock collar

Edited by AutoPumpaction

My above comet was a real shoot in the blue. I admit this.

The aspects of the intimacy of men regarding that they uses codes as well not to openly ask about their most intimate needs. Reflecting this in their language more often in the male to male behaviour, as well as some of it is also handled as second related subject to many published works about feminism, be it conflicting partnerships, or emotional abuse,s to the expression of violent behaviour, to domestic violence. (There is much on all that points to this diction that most of the works about feminism have this in common when analysing male behaviour on scientific works in contradiction with above mentioned fields subjects) It needs not a genius to draw a line from emotional needs and wants to see that there could be some truth in the behaviour of male gamers wanting skimpy armors for a female heroine.

It is a not a great secret that males that openly and direct asking for the own most intimacy needs is seen by others as a weakness.

Since sociology and psychology are soft sciences this can be disputed

I would recommend reading on subject the following works to start with.

"A new psychology of men" by William S. Pollack

"The emotionally abused and neglected child" by Dorota Iwaniec

Yes, this can be cross related to another topic here in debates... guess why I thought about this ?

rofl Harbringe...

Sociology relies on the scientific method.

However psychology often misses the boat. A lot of womens studies I can tell you (as a woman) is a bunch of baloney. It's my least favorite subject because it's so full of self entitled bullstuff.

I do think playing video games is emotionally safe for a man because it's a paper doll of sorts without all the drama and baggage of a real relationship, but so what? That's not a failure and is true for women playing as well.

Sociology relies on the scientific method.

However psychology often misses the boat. A lot of womens studies I can tell you (as a woman) is a bunch of baloney. It's my least favorite subject because it's so full of self entitled bullstuff.

I do think playing video games is emotionally safe for a man because it's a paper doll of sorts without all the drama and baggage of a real relationship, but so what? That's not a failure and is true for women playing as well.

I agree on your analysis .. :blush:

I came to this idea after reading on this site .. about child abuses ..related to another topic .. i found the emotional abuses the most intresting in this matter.

(Link)

I thought of this because I tried to find answers why so many people here got banned. This is debated heatedly on all similar topics on board which stuff that is related to the topic in a more complex way.

Since I have loots of questions I only tried to answer them for me self and by means I was able to dig up. It is only a try to find an explanation why we behave in such a manner in larger context on a basis that could be largely accepted.

No one needs to agree to this it is only a try to find some truth and explanation in the chaos surrounding us.

Edited by SilverDNA

Rarely have I seen more unmitigated drivel than I have seen in this thread.

People play video games to escape from their daily, mundane lives and to gain some entertainment and enjoyment. If that includes a scantily clad member of the opposite sex – well so what – that’s part of fantasy. If you deny that, then I really feel sorry for you.

If people who play video games have some underlying social, moral or psychological issue, then I guess they are no different than anyone else playing the game. In other words, pretty normal folk seeking a few hours of escapism.

People get banned because they think they have the right and the intellect to identify what is correct and incorrect in the world. Sadly, they are usually not intellectuals, but just another person with a computer, an internet connection and an opinion and typically one they can’t keep to themselves or express in a polite manner.

Good grief.