What type of graphics card are you using?

Agreed with Varus Torvyn, my 7900 GT/GTO 256mb is somewhat outdated but I have no reason to hurry now since by the time the next hardware upgrade is scheduled the 200 series may be more palatable.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Geforce 7500 LE 128 Mb (up to 728 Mb in Turbocache) and I can play to Oblivion only in 800 x 600, medium details and Bloom effect around 15 fps...

But, when I take screenshots (for uploading them here, in TES Nexus), I play in 1440 X 900, maximum details, HDR and my tweaked Oblivion.ini, Oblivion run only around... ...2 fps !

It's unplayable but it's the condition for taking some good screenshots... :confused:

I think I will upgrade to a Geforce 8600 GT...

This graphic card isn't expensive, I can buy this for only 49 € in a french website...

The Geforce 8600 GT is good for playing to Oblivion ?

Nvidia GeForce 7300GT 512mb for me. I can run Oblivion on Lowish-Medium settings at a pretty solid framerate.

cool i like this thread, im running 2 8800gts overclocked edition 320mb ram, runs Oblivion smooth with qarls and everything. Frame rates usually 30fps to 60fps, outdoors depending on location.

settings

samples 8 and bloom, max sliders all the way, resolution 1280x1024, shadow slider off, all water and effects at high.

Also a few ini tweaks here and there.

Agreed with Varus Torvyn, my 7900 GT/GTO 256mb is somewhat outdated but I have no reason to hurry now since by the time the next hardware upgrade is scheduled the 200 series may be more palatable.

Yeah, thanks nosisab. The 7-Series was highly rated by Anandtech when it first came on the market. I bought the best Desktop I could get when the 7800 GTX was new. Even though I have a second slot, I didn't go SLI because Oblivion doesn't like SLI, iirc.

Besides, everything runs well on it. I've got the cash to get the best tower + top nVidia, but I don't have the desire to buy it right now. I like my dividends more. ;D

an ati radeon 2400 hd pro with 256 mb in a pcie slot

it works just fine and does what i want it to do so i am happy

( ie it runs sims 2 vampire bloodlines and redemption and oblivion with no fuss which is all i want it to do )