The king is dead

zegh8578

I can't say I'm gonna miss him that much, he DID threaten to blow up the whole world N all, and he DID starve his whole country to death, and he DID all sorts of other nasty things we wont know about until after NK inevitably goes kaput, Nasty nasty fellow, and I can't help but feel we're better of without him. But Kim Jr is a new problem-Jong-Il was the devil we knew, this is the devil we dont, he's an unknown quantity, abd north korea was a confusing dangerous little powderkeg to begin with, this is the last thing we need-nore unpredictability.

Well I guess you can say...

*Sunglasses*

He got Il.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

On a more serious note, his son is taking over and it doesn't look like things are looking better for the people of Korea, both North and South. In fact, they look even worse...

Oh I knew he was Il, but I didn't realise he was that ill! I must confess I feel no particular sympathy or loss, just optimism that this woefuly mislead country can do better this time.

So now we can finally answer the question... If you had a child raised with a self-obsessed dictator who named himself god and established his whole country to proclaim that belief, who modeled that child in his own twisted image with the belief that his father was a supreme being and knew no fault... Would the child believe that sort of thing despite all the evidence to the contrary, or would he, in the hour of his fathers passing, decide that enough was enough and that the curtain should probably fall?

Sadly, going from what cases we have of people raised in fanatical environments, fed lies from sociopaths, usually it just ends up like business as usual. The fact that the whole country has been indoctrinated with that insanity for 50 years doesn't help things. Even Mao eventually understood the cost to his country in his name, as children slaughtered eachother or starved for the sake of his greatness. Kim likely died still believing that he was right.

So now we can finally answer the question... If you had a child raised with a self-obsessed dictator who named himself god and established his whole country to proclaim that belief, who modeled that child in his own twisted image with the belief that his father was a supreme being and knew no fault... Would the child believe that sort of thing despite all the evidence to the contrary, or would he, in the hour of his fathers passing, decide that enough was enough and that the curtain should probably fall?

Sadly, going from what cases we have of people raised in fanatical environments, fed lies from sociopaths, usually it just ends up like business as usual. The fact that the whole country has been indoctrinated with that insanity for 50 years doesn't help things. Even Mao eventually understood the cost to his country in his name, as children slaughtered eachother or starved for the sake of his greatness. Kim likely died still believing that he was right.

one of his sons go gambling abroad, the old man himself used to watch foreign movies,

they know what the deal is

i think it has simply come down to an "acceptance" of basically owning a country. just like a business. businessmen will own a business, and wont shed too many tears when people are laid of en masse etc,

i think its the same way with the kim-family. they know their country belongs to them, like a business, they know people suffer, but its of no major concern to them as long as it stays their private, personal property.

like a heir the younger son now owns the country, and starvation or no starvation, hes not gonna relinquish power without a fight.

one of his sons go gambling abroad, the old man himself used to watch foreign movies,

they know what the deal is

i think it has simply come down to an "acceptance" of basically owning a country. just like a business. businessmen will own a business, and wont shed too many tears when people are laid of en masse etc,

i think its the same way with the kim-family. they know their country belongs to them, like a business, they know people suffer, but its of no major concern to them as long as it stays their private, personal property.

like a heir the younger son now owns the country, and starvation or no starvation, hes not gonna relinquish power without a fight.

From what I've heard the successor went to Switzerland to go to a university under a fake name.