I Got Banned

buddah

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was banned from chat..but I received no notice from the admins. If I said something while I was drunk..I apologize...but please inform me how long the ban is for. and what I can do to make up for it.

Here is what got you kicked out, can you guess why?

Mar 30 2012 07:56 PM Macgyver1958 did you just douche?

I was banned from chat..but I received no notice from the admins. If I said something while I was drunk..I apologize...but please inform me how long the ban is for. and what I can do to make up for it.

Here is what got you kicked out, can you guess why?

Mar 30 2012 07:56 PM Macgyver1958 did you just douche?

My apologies Buddah...thank you for clearing that up. Alcohol had a part in that response. Is there any way to redeem myself, so I can participate in chat again? Am I banned permanently from chat or is it a temporary thing like 2 weeks or something?

Edited by Macgyver1958

• 3 weeks later...

I was banned from the chat for something that I said about British people (calling them green teethed, tea drinking dirtbags, to be exact). This was meant to be a joke, but as usual, humor does not translate well over text, and I would like to ask that the ban be lifted. I want to apologize to anyone my comment offended. No offense was meant.

I'd suggest watching what you say in future and that you take in mind who might be amongst the group around you. Chat block lifted - TVD.

• 3 weeks later...
To be blunt, if you're going to go through the trouble of creating such an intricate strike system for disciplinary action you should make sure that your moderators follow it as outlined by the admins. I've had my share of experience as moderator and admin on forums in my day and it's not uncommon for poorly chosen moderators to consider themselves above the system they were elected to be a part of. Frankly, the consequence of banning a username or IP, should you choose to go that far, from a forum is not punishment enough for anyone to stop behaving in whatever manner was considered inappropriate. You should consider some form of ghost banning if you want to give people trouble.

To be blunt, if you're going to go through the trouble of creating such an intricate strike system for disciplinary action you should make sure that your moderators follow it as outlined by the admins. I've had my share of experience as moderator and admin on forums in my day and it's not uncommon for poorly chosen moderators to consider themselves above the system they were elected to be a part of. Frankly, the consequence of banning a username or IP, should you choose to go that far, from a forum is not punishment enough for anyone to stop behaving in whatever manner was considered inappropriate. You should consider some form of ghost banning if you want to give people trouble.

"As outlined by the admins"?

Nexus site staff

Nexus sites are owned and maintained by Robin Scott (member name "Dark0ne"). Robin is regarded as “the law” on Nexus sites and he has the final say on any action that might need to be taken regarding a breach of the terms of service for any Nexus site. What Robin says goes irrespective of whether there has been a breach of the terms of service or not.

Nexus sites and the forums are staffed by un-paid volunteers (known as “moderators” and "staff") who work hard to insure the smooth operation of Nexus sites and encourage a healthy community. The moderators and other admin on the site have been given specific privileges by Robin to keep the site clean of the bad articles listed in these terms and use their own personal judgement, that Robin trusts, to come to decisions.

These moderators have a right to carry out their task without harassment, insult or hassle. Members who believe that a member of staff is not conducting themselves properly should get in contact with Robin via the forums or email. Know that if Robin receives word of any members harassing or being rude to Nexus site staff then he will take every action possible to permanently remove them from his sites.

If we did use some form of ghost banning Would you even know it? :whistling:

Besides, as we have not yet had a ghost register, we have seen no reason to ban them. :teehee:

Okay, I have read the rules and I'm climbing out on a limb here. My other account I just made 2 days ago got banned somtime between the time I made it and today. The only activity I attempted was logging into the chat, asking what I was doing wrong b.c I couldn't download anything into the NMM. Another user asked where my game was located, I gave the link and they told me to purchase skyrim thru steam to make it work. So today i had my buddy undo the original install, got my money back, when to gamestop bought it from them, got home installed the game and then told my acct was banned when I logged on. I tried moving around the site to find this forum but it wouldn't let me and would only load the page that said I was banned (#2000). I sent an email around 3pm today and haven't received a reply. I'm not upset, I'm just looking for a simple answer. The site is awesome and the download manager seems legit, id just like a chance to at least use it once.