Dragon population boom after the main quest

Soresu

Yeah I agree because of all the dragons post alduins death the Orc stronghold were you get ebony has probably 15 dead dragons riverwood had a population of 2 the 2 children has 5-6 dead dragons dawnstar has DS (dragon skeleys) outside of whiterun are a good 20-25 DS and no where in skyrim is there any more kahjit traveling merchants. Fml so I made a new dovakhin

you'd think dragons would go out of their way to avoid you after you just ate their leader's soul.

You never actually devour Alduin's soul, implying that while he is defeated, he is not destroyed forever...

On a note related to this thread, the whole dragon thing needs to be revamped; from the difficulty of them, their spawn rates, and which Dragon types you encounter. Oh creation kit, how we need you.

my current playthrough and im seeing loads.....i have only done the MQ upto needing to go to the greybeards.

I get them if i fast travel and randomly when exploring.

was wondering if it had anything to do with 1.3? just recently updated.

You think you've got lots of dragons... look at this video starting at :22. I had to LMAO when suddenly there were 30 of them flying in the air. My computer would blow up if this actually happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgP5CV4YbE

Joking aside, in my game I see them all the time but they don't always attack.

Edited by SavageArtistry

I've noticed a significant increase in dragons, too. I think a lot of the encounters are triggered by fast travel.

For example, immediately after I fast traveled to Rorikstead, two of the things attacked the town, a frost dragon and an elder dragon.

I fast traveled to the Nightgate Inn and got attacked by a blood dragon.

I fast traveled to Markarth and an elder dragon swooped down on the city.

See? :P

The problem is that dragon slaying suffers greatly from what I like to call "Oblivion Gate Syndrome" in which, doing something that's supposed to be epic and exciting just becomes a boring and repetitive chore.

This is how I already feel even without finishing the main quest.

If it gets worse, the first mod I'll be installing post CK will remove 100% of random dragon spawns.

Cliff Racers on Steriods? Personally, I haven't grown too annoyed with them yet. What gets me, is I'll be fighting one, and a wolf (or some other critter) bites me on the knee.

edit: The continuation of the dragons after the main quest maybe Beth's anticipating gamers' wants. The frequency of their appearances probably need to be quelled a little bit, though.