Skyrim is crap

csgators

LOL you're missing the odd genetic defect known as the "troll-gene", which causes the user to post absolute garbage in a vain attempt cause trouble.

A lot of people just post rubbish for the sake of being annoying. It's not funny, it's not cute, it's just, annoying, and that's the whole point. However, there are some who actualy believe Skyrim is crap. On launch day, Skyrim forums and so forth were absolutely innundated with trolling from COD players, who for some reason felt threatened by Skyrim, as they feel threatened by anything which isn't COD-related, and is thus "gay", this resulted in Skyrim players going over to COD webpages and trolling the hell out of them. Push comes to shove, shove pushes back, and before you know it, there's a bunch of bad blood between the dregs of two massive online communities-when such a thing happens, troll posts of "oh this sucks, it's <trivial reason> got unrealistic chickens" become as regular as a newspaper.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's almost like they have a chart somewhere of 'acceptable amount of bugs, glitches, or broken quests. with another chart of how much they can expect modders to fix so they don't have to worry about it. if beth made cars or pc's...would anyone actually buy them? O.o

That's every game developer for you. Buyers are usually paying Beta Testers and games cater to the lowest common denominator, since there's enough money to be made by "streamlining" the products, thereby reducing the actual effort being put into development.

What makes Bethesda better than the rest is the outspoken moddability of their products. At least I hope they stay true to their promise of publishing the kit.

It's so easy guys... You don't like it, play something else. So far, apart from the mages quest being too short, I think it's better than Morrowind (seriously, did you REALLY like the Ashlands and the giant insects? I disliked the setting and HATED all those dunmer) and Oblivion. Its atmosphere is exactly what I wanted to see, something that reminds me of Norse myths. If you think it's "generic European middle-ages", then you should take some history classes. Maybe I'm especially happy because I always play Nords and I totally see them as vikings, I don't know.

I played NWN and BG series, but never felt the need to start them again with a new character as I feel with TES games. I couldn't even finish Torment because I absolutely hated the main character - that's what happens when you drop customization in favor of "better storylines". I don't care for background, I can easily imagine one if the setting is good enough (old RPG player and previous Dungeon Master here), but I can't stand pre-made playing characters. They totally spoil my fun.

I played NWN and BG series, but never felt the need to start them again with a new character as I feel with TES games. I couldn't even finish Torment because I absolutely hated the main character - that's what happens when you drop customization in favor of "better storylines".

How about having both - customization and storyline?

I know, I know, in this time and age there's that peculiar trend of going down on one's knees to thank the developers. But that's different tastes for you. I felt every need to play NWNII through with different characters. I liked Morrowind although I certainly wouldn't sing its praises 9 years after. And yes, I like Skyrim, but I don't close my eyes and sing a hymn for developers who obviously had the lowest common denominator in mind and put all their money on the action card.

So you like Skyrim to its fullest extent. More power to you. But don't tell anyone to go shut up and play a different game because they feel the need to voice their opinion.

Oh please. There will never be anything like a "perfect game", someone will always dislike some parts of it. I'm not praising the developers, I'm just saying Skyrim is good for ME. It has some flaws but none of them is big enough to spoil my fun.

Just becouse you think so, dossent mean we all have to agree.

If we would hate skyrim as some of you fanboys are trying to make it look, we wouldnt be here, but im not going to close my eyes and pretend that "oh it has bugs and unbalance"but thats fine!

Im here to discuss things about this game, becouse thats what the forums are here for and as long it keeps being civil there is no harm in it...you dont agree with us?..fine, but do not tell us what to do.

m here to discuss things about this game, becouse thats what the forums are here for and as long it keeps being civil there is no harm in it...you dont agree with us?..fine, but do not tell us what to do.

Issue: Half the topics is NOT discussing anything. They are purely flamebait. "I hate Skyrim because it is not Morrowind!!" seem to be a 'good' argument. This is not helping anybody.

What I write now is not really pointed at 'you', but generally anybody who wants to cry how bad the game is:

The thing is, EVERYBODY knows there are bugs. Whining about it does not help anybody. If you, or anybody else for that matter, got nothing new to say - don't say it. Bethesda is working their asses of fixing the game, modders are fixing what they can, and then we got the realy haters who believe this is Morrowind. LIsten: Morrowind is still here. Go play it and leave this game for us who sees the good in it.

Got a new bug? Nice!

Got a glitch you got, know how you got, and why you got it? Perfect!

Mention the game is easy after exploiting, saying the game is not Morrowind, mentioning the bugs we know, etc, etc are not helping. We know, Bethesda know, you know. We gain nothing by it, other than flame-wars, which is idiotic.

We build this on opinions. Opinions mean nothing. I like Skyrim, you might not. I hate Morrowind, you might love it. I know the faults and know they can be fixed, you don't care.

Opinions means nothing at all, and is NOT a valid reason for an argument. "Skyrim suck because it is not Morrowind!" is like me saying "Morrowind suck 'cause batman isn't there!!!". Who really cares? Nobody.

If you want to voice a concern, great. Do me a favour though: Find new problems, find SOLUTIONS, do not mention Morrowind -- or any other game and do not use an opinion as an argument. Combine any of these, and it is more a flamebait, or a troll attempt, than anything.

m here to discuss things about this game, becouse thats what the forums are here for and as long it keeps being civil there is no harm in it...you dont agree with us?..fine, but do not tell us what to do.

Issue: Half the topics is NOT discussing anything. They are purely flamebait. "I hate Skyrim because it is not Morrowind!!" seem to be a 'good' argument. This is not helping anybody.

What I write now is not really pointed at 'you', but generally anybody who wants to cry how bad the game is:

The thing is, EVERYBODY knows there are bugs. Whining about it does not help anybody. If you, or anybody else for that matter, got nothing new to say - don't say it. Bethesda is working their asses of fixing the game, modders are fixing what they can, and then we got the realy haters who believe this is Morrowind. LIsten: Morrowind is still here. Go play it and leave this game for us who sees the good in it.

Got a new bug? Nice!

Got a glitch you got, know how you got, and why you got it? Perfect!

Mention the game is easy after exploiting, saying the game is not Morrowind, mentioning the bugs we know, etc, etc are not helping. We know, Bethesda know, you know. We gain nothing by it, other than flame-wars, which is idiotic.

We build this on opinions. Opinions mean nothing. I like Skyrim, you might not. I hate Morrowind, you might love it. I know the faults and know they can be fixed, you don't care.

Opinions means nothing at all, and is NOT a valid reason for an argument. "Skyrim suck because it is not Morrowind!" is like me saying "Morrowind suck 'cause batman isn't there!!!". Who really cares? Nobody.

If you want to voice a concern, great. Do me a favour though: Find new problems, find SOLUTIONS, do not mention Morrowind -- or any other game and do not use an opinion as an argument. Combine any of these, and it is more a flamebait, or a troll attempt, than anything.

You cannot take these people crying its not morrowind or it sucks, seriously, im speaking about these people who just tell how they feel without trashing the game...no the game is good i said it many times myself, just as many of others, criticizing skyrim did.

You are right though, we are going in circles in almost all threads, everything has been already discussed to death..though i cant find a solution for something that its flawed in its core in my opinion...did you find a solution to stop people making troll threads, other then whining about them whining?

Its all about the core in both cases...if someone tells me "you hate the game go play something else" then i can just reply with same "you are happy with the game, go play it".

did you find a solution to stop people making troll threads, other then whining about them whining?

Why should I spend time finding a bug somebody else got, and debug it? If somebody got a problem, the first they should do is try to do it again. When they got that pinpointed, they can start to think WHY it happend. Suddently the problem is almost done, and a modder, or a developer, can fix it in a second.

It is not my place to do the work of the people whining. If something interesting comes up, I might step up and help it. I will not, however, spend 30 houres to get a glitch to happen, since the person who got it i the first place is too lazy to help out and generally be helpfull.

Its all about the core in both cases...if someone tells me "you hate the game go play something else" then i can just reply with same "you are happy with the game, go play it".

It's about the core you say. I believe Bethesda knows. Does whining about something that NOBODY of us here can fix, help the cause in any way, shape or form? I fail to see the logic.

And your last comment makes very little sense. If you are negative to something, and compare it to something else, I feel I am allowed to shoo you away. If you are happy with something, and tries to defend it, I got no right to shoo you away.

Why throw away the positive people, and only get the negative? Why would anybody want that?

Skyrim is not flawless, we all know that. But you guys are really not helping the cause in any way.

Don't like something? Great, why not? - try not to mention older TES games. That is useless -- we move forward, not backwards. We want new, not old.

I generally don't care if half of the posts say Skyrim suck. If somebody don't like it: Oh my god! The game isn't for everybody! Who knew!.

However, if older TES games are mentioned, or other games are being compared, I am surely to comment.

I will comment as well if negative things are mentioned, which is known. Or issues are told, but no technical insight is given. I really don't care if a quest for you don't work, unless you got an idea yourself. Then I might try to help out using what I know and test some.

Edited by Matth85