Why Trump Won

Harbringe

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that slightly less than half of the country has a very closed-off belief system that shuns critical thought, and “without built-in protective functions like critical analysis… bad information in a closed-off system ends up doing massive damage in short period of time.” Trump won because he targeted those people and shouted at them one lie after another, at such a rate that their rudimentary critical thinking skills simply couldn't keep up. Then, thanks to one of our flawed electoral system's many quirks, those people's votes counted more than the actual majority who voted for Clinton.

Oh, wait, what? I person running for elected office LIED???? Say it ain't so.......

Hilary had her fair share of lies as well. Attributing the Donald's win to "very closed off belief system...." etc, and ignoring that the american people are just flat out tired of business as usual in washington, displays your bias quite well. A pretty significant percentage of folks voted for Trump, because he was NOT Hilary.

You know very well that there is a difference between Clinton and an absolute pathological liar like Trump.

Yes, I do. Clinton thinks that because of who she is, she can do whatever she wants, regardless of laws. She knows that she can pretty much get away with murder. As Secretary of State, she left an american ambassador hanging out in the wind, when she knew for a fact that the 'demonstrations' weren't because of some cartoon published months earlier. The entire Benghazi trip was ill-advised, yet, she sent him anyway. She basically killed him thru her inaction, and not wanting her 'reputation' sullied by a terrorist attack on 'her watch'.......

I seriously doubt trump is a 'pathological liar'.... He didn't get where he is today by lying to everyone he meets. (just some of them..... like any other politician.)

I seriously doubt trump is a 'pathological liar'.... He didn't get where he is today by lying to everyone he meets

Okay, and what do you mean by “where he is today?” His position of 100% inherited wealth, or his being the President-Elect? Because the latter certainly is due to his rapid-fire lying capability, as I've already been over.

Right. He never made a single dollar on his own. He got it all from mommy and daddy, all handed to him on a silver spoon. He never made any of his own deals, even after his parents were gone.....

I really don't see the point of arguing this with you, you have your views, I have mine. Neither of us is going to change the others mind. So, you go right ahead, believe whatever you want. The fact remains, Hilary lost. Trump won. End of story.

The fact is that Trump would be worth more today had he simply put his inherited fortune in a totally neutral investment like an index fund. So yes, he has just been playing around with what he inherited, at a net loss.

You need to disabuse yourself of the notion that Trump is a successful businessman. He's not. He's a loser, has been for decades. His entire life has just been him burning through the same stack of cash he got from daddy.

Edited by Marxist ßastard

Why did Trump win? A multitude of reasons too many to mention but I can list a few.

The world is changing and we now live in different times. Trump is the first internet president. A product of the information age that has transformed human existence much in the same way as the industrial revolution of 150 years ago. If the internet empowers the individual and sets him free from the structural confines of society, what it does for the little guy is amplified a hundred fold for the big guy who knows how to use it.

Trump is a man with no definable political ideology, a Republican who could just as easily have run as a Democrat. He is at his core an independent, who with grassroots support of like minded people was able to complete a hostile takeover of the Republican party. From that point on his chance of becoming President was 50/50.

Throughout the entire process it became self-evident that a deep rooted desire for change had taken hold of a large segment of the population. Trump was the agent of change, Hilary was the status quo. She was not a weak candidate as some are saying. Going into the primaries she was highly regarded as the democrat's strongest option. She was the champion of corporate America, the champion of Washington Elites, the champion of the left and the politically correct. Unfortunately for Hilary she was a champion like George Forman in Zaire, Trump was Ali, the peoples champion.

Trump did an end run around the mainstream media and was able to connect directly to the people. What enabled that is the internet. We are plugged in now and no longer force fed the Kool-Aid by the talking heads of the media. We choose our news and we decide what we believe. For people who wanted change, who were dissatisfied with the direction their country was headed, Trump was the white knight who embodied their hopes for something better. A man of many flaws, but what some people will never understand is that when you look at a man's flaws, it is then you can say "he is truly one of us".

For those who drank the Kool-Aid and still do there is incredulity. They cannot comprehend what has transpired. For them it is inconceivable that anyone, and I mean anyone, even a single person could possibly have voted for Trump. Even now, talking to them after the fact, they can't accept that some people wanted Trump. They say that Trump didn't win, Hilary lost. No one voted for Trump, they voted for the Republicans in spite of Trump. They blame the media for giving him too much coverage even though that coverage was overwhelmingly negative. The media of course is beside itself trying to figure out how they didn't see it coming, not realizing that they are still in denial of the true role they played throughout. They actively campaigned for Hilary against Trump, throwing out any semblance of objective balance, so of course they couldn't see it coming. As usually happens with active participants in an election they saw what they wanted to see and had blinders on to reality.

Perhaps if the voices of the left had not been so overconfident and certain of victory they would have worked harder to get out the vote and who knows what would have happened. But to do that they would have had to accept that the body politic is not on an inevitable long march to the left and in fact swings back and forth like a pendulum. This they cannot accept because they believe they speak for the human race, not realizing that the human race has billions of voices who prefer to speak for themselves.

Trumps ascendance is the swing of the pendulum. I don't know if he is the Ying or the Yang but I believe he represents a return to balance, and I am cautiously optimistic.

Sources of the pathological liar charge against Trump are by no means limited to Democrats. The final remnants of what used to be called traditional Republicans (including CATO etc) in our country walked away in disgust at his nomination, leaving the neocons in complete control of everything. Please enjoy your optimism.

I've never heard anyone claim Trump had any chance of winning if he had run as something other than a "Republican". Just as his immediate response to being called "not a Christian" by the current RCC pope was to pretend to become one during his campaign. Peel the top layer of fake off some people and under it is another layer of fake. When you get to Trump's (and Clinton's) league of wealth and/or power it's usually fake all the way down. IMO debates about why Hillary lost are usually more interesting than debates about why Trump won.

Edited by TheMastersSon