Why Trump Won

Harbringe

By saying something you always choose not to say something else. However much we might find it infuriating, we are still products of our surroundings.

Huh?
Yes indeed, a practical exercise in the choiced I'm referring to. Maybe 'self-censorship' is not the correct phrase as that seems a little triggered...

The point is that you can't live multiple lives and so we have no real relatable comparison. There are not two presidents, for example, so we can only speak from the one perspective.

We choose to believe and think a certain way and although that can change, we cannot change what has happened nor easily the thoughts and actions of others.

We make decisions we may think are our own, but they are always made from the experiences and formulated opiniona that have led us to that point.

Like I said before it may be possible to be 'different' but it takes a special kind of conviction and if it is not in the interest of an established order then if you don't buy into it then things will quite a challenge to say the least.

You are babbling.Why i don't get it?Do you actually think that nonsense impresses?

I see no need to resort to insults just to make a point.

"You can't have your cake and eat it."

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By saying something you always choose not to say something else. However much we might find it infuriating, we are still products of our surroundings.

Huh?
Yes indeed, a practical exercise in the choiced I'm referring to. Maybe 'self-censorship' is not the correct phrase as that seems a little triggered...

The point is that you can't live multiple lives and so we have no real relatable comparison. There are not two presidents, for example, so we can only speak from the one perspective.

We choose to believe and think a certain way and although that can change, we cannot change what has happened nor easily the thoughts and actions of others.

We make decisions we may think are our own, but they are always made from the experiences and formulated opiniona that have led us to that point.

Like I said before it may be possible to be 'different' but it takes a special kind of conviction and if it is not in the interest of an established order then if you don't buy into it then things will quite a challenge to say the least.

You are babbling.Why i don't get it?Do you actually think that nonsense impresses?

No insult if you don't choose to be insulted.I just don't understand what you're talking about.Like i said before i'm old and demented.Look kindly on us for our time is near over.

Huh?

No insult if you don't choose to be insulted.I just don't understand what you're talking about.Like i said before i'm old and demented.Look kindly on us for our time is near over.

OK I choose not to feel insulted, but what is done is done.

Don't worry, you'll come back all the wiser :wink:

Huh?

OK I choose not to feel insulted, but what is done is done.

Don't worry, you'll come back all the wiser :wink:

Huh?I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.Explain if you can,otherwise farewell.

You are a wizard, no? Or maybe you are trolling me? Ah well nevermind, it wasn't a funny joke anyway :laugh:

I am more than happy for you to indicate what parts of the argument you find bewildering. Unfortunately "Huh?" doesn't help much in the debate. It is okay for you to not understand it, but that is no reason to indicate the argument as nonsense.

I have already laid the argument out as straightforward and as 'layman' as possible but you seem to have not given any further argument (other than perhaps through the practice of obfuscation - which a very valid subject to the discussion, but then lets be 'clear' that is what we are talking about :tongue:).

So again in the most 'simple' fashion I can think of: "You can't have your cake and eat it."

In more detail: the idea revolves around the fact that you cannot, for example, eat meat and call yourself a vegetarian. Well of course you can (I'll admit that I have but then that is because for the most part I was and still try to do as much as I can), but this then doesn't translate very well into a social structure because people will not know what you mean by 'vegetarian', possibly calling you dishonest - which in some regards you may very well be, while still be honest to yourself.

Now this maybe all well and good and the idea is now that many people believe they have this 'new' kind of freedom, to say what they want to say but also not feel that it has any political consequence i.e. a lack of 'political correctness'. However the argument in context was that this may be the case for a while but ever so surely people will opt for order over chaos and new systems will be put in place that frame the narrative so that whatever is said is kept within that space. Perhaps not personally, but socially which will eventually reach everybody. Think of it like a pendulum, many people believe we reached the end of one swing and are now heading in another direction.

It is much like in many of Orwell's books, a sort of 'doublethink' where what you say has more than one meaning and then this logic is used to replace the thoughts and speech of others. The wider point being that, like I've said, nothing has really changed it has just gone up a gear and an extra layer of disillusionment and propaganda has been added to the scene. Freedoms will quickly come with a price tag attached as government takes hold, and Trump is very pro government - in fact he is governor.

You are a wizard, no? Or maybe you are trolling me? Ah well nevermind, it wasn't a funny joke anyway :laugh:

I am more than happy for you to indicate what parts of the argument you find bewildering. Unfortunately "Huh?" doesn't help much in the debate. It is okay for you to not understand it, but that is no reason to indicate the argument as nonsense.

I have already laid the argument out as straightforward and as 'layman' as possible but you seem to have not given any further argument (other than perhaps through the practice of obfuscation - which a very valid subject to the discussion, but then lets be 'clear' that is what we are talking about :tongue:).

So again in the most 'simple' fashion I can think of: "You can't have your cake and eat it."

In more detail: the idea revolves around the fact that you cannot, for example, eat meat and call yourself a vegetarian. Well of course you can (I'll admit that I have but then that is because for the most part I was and still try to do as much as I can), but this then doesn't translate very well into a social structure because people will not know what you mean by 'vegetarian', possibly calling you dishonest - which in some regards you may very well be, while still be honest to yourself.

Now this maybe all well and good and the idea is now that many people believe they now have this kind of freedom, to say what they want to say but also not feel that it has any political consequence i.e. a lack of 'political correctness'. However the argument in context was that this may be the case for a while but ever so surely people will opt for order over chaos and new systems will be put in place that frame the narrative so that whatever is said is kept within that space. Perhaps not personally, but socially which will eventually reach everybody. Think of it like a pendulum, many people believe we reached the end of one swing and are now heading in another direction.

It is much like in many of Orwell's books, a sort of 'doublethink' where what you say has more than one meaning and then this logic is used to replace the thoughts and speech of others. The wider point being that, like I've said, nothing has really changed it has just gone up a gear and an extra layer of disillusionment and propaganda has been added to the scene. Freedoms will quickly come with a price tag attached as government takes hold, and Trump is very pro government - in fact he is governor.

Um,farewell.

Intermission...

Ok brother NOW we're communicating!Thank you i dig it....

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small

And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall

Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call

And call Alice, when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go

And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead

And the white knight is talking backwards

And the red queen's off with her head