Why Trump Won

Harbringe

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there it is. If some cannot win the debate, they resort to the old stand by. Insult, belittle and ridicule those who disagree. Such tantrums should be beneath decent people.

And that is how Trump won. Insult, belittle and ridicule. Pander to hate. Pander to ignorance. Pander to fear.

And there it is. If some cannot win the debate, they resort to the old stand by. Insult, belittle and ridicule those who disagree. Such tantrums should be beneath decent people.

And that is how Trump won. Insult, belittle and ridicule. Pander to hate. Pander to ignorance. Pander to fear.

"win" the debate? Seriously? I invite you to look back thru the multitude of pages of 'debates' here, and show me even one, where someone actually 'wins'.

Trump won because hilary was unelectable, and had the view that she was untouchable. (which, apparently, is at least partially true.....) That, and we have gotten tired of Dem policies over the last eight years. There is nothing new going on here. If you check back thru history, you will find that follow 8 years of a party's dominance, it is invariable followed by the other party gaining control.

Besides, this isn't even really a debate. Its a collection of folks stating their views, there is little, if any, "debate" about it.

Just lol at this glimpse into the mind of people who think they're smarter and more informed than you. Nothing but smug and snarky remarks. In this case Aurelius was justified, it was not an Ad hominem because the points he was responding to were, in fact, too stupid to merit a proper response.

Edited by MajKrAzAm

Seriously folks, this discussion if one can call it that has been all over the map. So the if this is a case of 'participation trophy' winning then I guess a win could be claimed...well done, an epic victory.

As for the meme...it was non specific as to target but if one feels that it is particularly appropriate to them, that in itself is revealing. Ad Hominem by definition is a personal attack, one may infer what they like but no one was singled out. However if someone sees them self in the meme, well that's droll considering the aphorism of 'if the shoe fits'.

When a thread devolves to to the point of argumentum ad absurdum then I feel humor is an appropriate response.

Alright peeps let's keep it cool eh? There is nothing 'absurd' about people having different opinions and holding them dear. That is the premise of most debate. Besides, is it not these very 'rights' that all this is about anyway?

A joke is also a joke and perhaps the last laugh, is just that.

'Conspiracy' is pretty old-school though, think of it as 'alternative facts'.

Just lol at this glimpse into the mind of people who think they're smarter and more informed than you. Nothing but smug and snarky remarks. In this case Aurelius was justified, it was not an Ad hominem because the points he was responding to were, in fact, too stupid to merit a proper response.

Which point or points do you mean? Wait don't tell us, all of them. It's sure easier than trying to come up with credible or at least coherent responses to the points in this debate.

I've never expected and still don't expect to find intelligent or even informed political discussion in a gaming forum. So I'll concede: capitalism can in fact compete with totalitarian Communism, Nixon was a hero not a traitor, the American people really don't want a national health care system, ExxonMobil's CEO really should be our Secretary of State, and Donald Trump is Jesus Christ returned to Earth to save our country and the world.

Wow. Fox "News" strikes again.

Edited by TheMastersSon