500 drug counters each one different

and 500 notebooks

with 500 pages in everyone.

I am prepared.

I can see him from up here.

His cigarette winks from just

above his trenchcoat collar

and somewhere there’s a man on a subway

sitting under a Black Velvet as thinking my name.

Men have discussed me in back rooms.

If the phone rings there’s only a dead breath.

In the bar across the street a snubnose

revolver has changed hands in the men’s room

Each bullet has my name on it.

My name is written in back files

and looked up in newspaper morgues.

My mother’s been investigated;

than God she’s dead.

They have writing samples

and examine the back loops of pees

and crosses of tees.

My brother’s with them, did I tell you?

His wife is Russian and he

keeps asking me to fill out forms.

I have it in my diary.

Listen–

listen

do listen:

you must listen.

In the rain, at the bus stop.

black crows with black umbrellas

pretend to look at their watches, but

it’s not raining. Their eyes are silver dollars.

Some are scholars in the pay of the FBI

most are the foreigners who pour through

our streets. I fooled them

got off the bus at 25th and Lex

where a cabby watched me over his newspaper.

In the room above me an old woman

has put an electric suction cup on her floor

It sends out rays through my light fixture

and now I write in the dark

by the bar sign’s glow.

I tell you I know.

They sent me a dog with brown spots

and a radio cobweb in its nose.

I drowned it in the sink and wrote it up

in folder GAMMA.

I don’t look in the mailbox anymore.

The greeting cards are letter-bombs.

(Step away! Goddam you!

Step away. I know tall people!

I tell you I know very tall people!)

The luncheonette is laid with talking floors

and the waitress says it was salt but I know arsenic

when it’s put before me. And the yellow taste of mustard

to mask the bitter odor of almonds.

I have seen strange lights in the sky.

Last night a dark man with no face crawled through nine miles

of sewer to surface in my toilet, listening

for phone calls through the cheap wood with

chrome ears.

I tell you, man, I hear.

I saw his muddy handprints

on the porcelain.

I don’t answer the phone now,

have I told you that?

They are planning to flood the earth with sludge.

They are planning break-ins

They have got physicians

advocating weird sex positions.

They are making addictive laxatives

and suppositories that burn.

They know how to put out the sun

with blowguns.

I pack myself in ice–have I told you that?

It obviates their infrascopes.

I know chants and I wear charms.

You may think you have me but I could destroy you.

any second now.

Any second now.

Any second now.

Would you like some coffee, my love?

Did I tell you I can’t go out no more?

There’s a man by the door

in a raincoat.

I just think people are too black and white in there assessment of evil, evil is of course relative, barring some mass atrocity. I view trump as looking out for our interests, my interests, its how I see it.

Hes an actual man, not really good or evil in nature but he dose good, for the world, as I and others would have it. I respect him for it.

I see his integrity and view him as a man of honor.

I view the philosophy behind political correctness as most foul, evil, unnatural and dangerous when misapplied, out of context, and taken to a radical extreme.

I am sure the ULMNA ''united League of minorities and new agers'' Hate him, because of a transient historically recurrent social anomaly...its what they have been taught and conditioned to believe and they cant override there programing at this point...with many its probably one with there very beings. Instinct. Collectively reinforced and propagandized. Political correctness used as a weapon. To them its self preservation to justify there way of life. I cant fault them on that.

Everyone has the intellectual right to believe whatever they wish ''as long as they harm no one else'' They have the right to go unharassed and be with others of like mined beliefs.

What they don't have a right to do is to try and enforce it as a standard on mainstream society. No right to this passive aggressive fascist behavior, or to judge others with other views, trying to make them abide...just like they would not wish to be judged. To make a standard for the rest of the world and try to enforce it.

No right to try to destroy our way of life. We are getting it back.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

I've never expected and still don't expect to find intelligent or even informed political discussion in a gaming forum.

Your exceptional contribution toward this goal has been noted and we award you another 'victory' . I'm willing to bet that you really cannot see the intellectual Hubris in a statement such as quoted above.

As Hey You has tried to tell you..there is no winning, only more back and forth until one or more participants get bored. I assumed that someone graced with such incisive intellect and powers of analysis would work that out....there is a 'ton of evidence'.

We supply only the sharpest irony®.

Thank you, come again!

*Really? I suppose that depends on your perspective and understanding of contextual intent*

One need not stick to a stereotypical line, especially when its flawed and dogeared on both ends...and there is oh so much more to be said.

A thing can be both right and wrong in the same breath for different reasons, in many contexts. Few truths are universally applied in the same way to everyone.

Some see Irony with a capital ''I'' everywhere they look. This is telling.

Edited by skyquest32

We supply only the sharpest irony®.

Thank you, come again!

*Really? I suppose that depends on your perspective and understanding of contextual intent*

One need not stick to a stereotypical line, especially when its flawed and dogeared on both ends...and there is oh so much more to be said.

A thing can be both right and wrong in the same breath for different reasons, in many contexts. Few truths are universally applied in the same way to everyone.

Some see Irony with a capital ''I'' everywhere they look. This is telling.

So, are you being facetious?

EDIT:

No reply? Unfortunate, and I do honestly find it a little surprising you don't seem to detect a sense of irony in what you were saying. Perhaps I should explain my reasoning a little further...

I am not attempting to take a stereotypical line, apologies if that was how something was received. However, I would point to your comments about "united league of minorities and new agers" as a good example of stereotyping - it so happens to also be a good example of the irony to which I was referring.

There are other examples and points I could draw on but don't really want to turn this into some kind of critique, but merely to try flesh out some of your assumptions and inferred judgments. I invite you to help me understand better your arguments as I, like you, feel an urgent need to find and hold on to what good there is in this world.

May I also take this time to apologise for my own flippancy, however I'd say that humour is oft the best medicine, and it seemed helpful when I felt the use of argument and language had and 'uneasy' flavour to it. :tongue:

Sláinte!

So your distinction between seeing the evidence and the evidence being a factual are different? If seeing something makes it an objective fact how could that be possible if the actual (yet to be provided) evidence is not fact? I presumed your versatility on the existence of said 'evidence', was that where I went amiss?

"there is a 'ton of evidence'."

It's neither what I said or meant. Par for the course. I said *I* have seen a ton of evidence, not "there is" a ton of evidence. The first of those is an objective fact, the second is not.

The "I" in "I have seen" makes it subjective . The "there" in "there is" is objective. Your completely ass backwards on this one.

Oh brother. Not to expose yet more ignorance but what makes it an objective fact is that I have personally seen and read this evidence. Making the same assumption about anyone or everyone else is what would be subjective. (i.e. "there is" evidence) etc.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Oh brother. Not to expose yet more ignorance but what makes it an objective fact is that I have personally seen and read this evidence. Making the same assumption about anyone or everyone else is what would be subjective. (i.e. "there is" evidence) etc.

There is no way others can know if that is true , yet the statement demands others make the assumption . Thats what makes its subjective. Sorry still ass backwards.