Why Trump Won

Harbringe

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Trump filled the Republicans' stolen Supreme Court seat today, and as predicted it's about as far from an olive branch as possible to the majority of Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton. Trump told the Senate to "use the nuclear option if necessary" to get his nomination confirmed with a simple majority. Also as of today our State Department is officially owned and operated by ExxonMobil. Literal government by and for (but not of) the corporation.

The lunatic takeover of the asylum is hereby complete imo, and I'm pushing for secession. :smile:

Edited by TheMastersSon

Harry Reid's chickens have come home to roost, short memory relating to whom created the Nuclear Option?

Personally..don't let the door hit you on the way out. It seems Democrats seem to have forgotten the last time they tried succession when we elected a president that they didn't like, after four bloody years that question was conclusively settled in 1865.

"Elections have consequences"-Obama 2008......when asked to co operate or concede a point to the republican minority.

Snowflakes have a very selective memory.

It seems Democrats seem to have forgotten the last time they tried succession when we elected a president that they didn't like

You appear to have an infinitely selective memory. We just got through with the Republicans refusing to do their constitutional duty (to confirm Supreme Court justices), until a president they like won. My hypocrisy meter is pegged again. Between this and his media fiascos so far, one journalist in the UK said it best imo: "It's clear this administration will be in constant bunker mode."

It seems Democrats seem to have forgotten the last time they tried succession when we elected a president that they didn't like

You appear to have an infinitely selective memory. We just got through with the Republicans refusing to do their constitutional duty (to confirm Supreme Court justices), until a president they like won. My hypocrisy meter is pegged again. Between this and his media fiascos so far, one journalist in the UK said it best imo: "It's clear this administration will be in constant bunker mode."

1992. We had no Supreme Court vacancy.

'It is my view,'" Biden argued, "'that if a Supreme Court justice resigns tomorrow, or within the next several weeks... President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not -- and not -- name a nominee until after the November election is completed. ... Once the political season is underway, and it is, action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over.'"

Selective memory Hubris as well?

When that fails resort to a complete non sequitur by not so artfully snipping off the determining clause of the quote and replying to the truncated version?

Chuckles..I don't need a meter to tell how droll that is.

You're telling us what Joe Biden believes in hypotheticals. I'm telling you what the Republican leadership actually did.

The point is that the American people will not stand for this perpetual disenfranchisement, NOR SHOULD THEY.

Ah..even though you are adverse to facts that do not fit your narrative....

In 2013 Harry Reid changed the rules for cloture though it had been in place since the first congress to push Obama's appointments through by use of the 'nuclear option'. Now that abrogation of process is coming back to bite the Democrats and they cry foul. It seems that what is sauce for the goose is not supposed to be sauce for the gander.

Liberals always whinge about disenfranchisement when they don't get their way..what else is new?

Perpetual? Evidently hyperbole is your métier...chuckles

Erm... I am cynical of both camps, but let's be clear that the right whinge and distort things as much as the left does. That is politics after all. We are all human, or is it that some are more human than others?

I am more than willing to concede that there are extreme zealots on either side that say cringe worthy things to those of us in the middle. I find little difference between the taking heads such as Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow.. ..except political allegiance, both make me mentally cringe.

Though I would point out that there are some longstanding intelligent, erudite, rational and respected Liberals on this forum that know how to substantiate their contentions with actual verifiable proof, not one has come to the defense of his assertions...rather telling IMO.