Tytanis, Skyrim Online and SkyNet announce cooperation

Szimitar

Tytanis, Awpsoleet and Hipolipolopgius, the project leaders of Tytanis: The Ultimate Mod, Skyrim Online and SkyNet respectively have come to an agreement today to work together to create the best Skyrim multiplayer experience possible.

What that means is: Chances for a working multiplayer mod just tripled. The teams are currently working on bringing their work together, and will then improve upon the basic functionality that we can already provide.

The long term goal is to create a MMO environment in which hundreds of players can explore Skyrim at once, and where small groups of friends can join up to face challenging multiplayer dungeons. If cooperation is not you’re thing you can enter one of the arenas to face opponents in combat, or hunt down players in the open world (on a PvP Server). Of course you can also join one of the major factions and influence the fate of Skyrim, by cleansing the name of the College of Winterhold or strengthening the Thieves Guild’s influence.

Features will include but are not limited to:

-PvE, PvP and RP servers

-Ingame Chat

-Joining Parties and Guilds

-Multiplayer Dungeons

-PvP Arenas

-Open World PvP (PvP Servers only)

-Trading

-Player Housing

If you are interested in Skyrim multiplayer and would like to contribute, we are still looking for Content Staff. Your job would be to create dungeons for 2 or 4 players, PvP content or other content that we need to make Skyrim more multiplayer-friendly. If you have experience with modding and the passion to create something awesome, join us on http://skynet.hipolipolopig.us/

Edited by Szimitar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is awesome news.

just because I am curious how the end product would work and for more info, I have a few questions, do you intend to have mods installed server side? and just have the players run off of a client?

also will you be somehow disabling the console? I know that these things are the end all be all here at mod central but in order to have a fair game Cheating should be kept to a min or allowed without restraint.

how about moderators, do you plan to have someone moderating full time to assist players?

whatever the case I cant wait to try it

this is awesome news.

just because I am curious how the end product would work and for more info, I have a few questions, do you intend to have mods installed server side? and just have the players run off of a client?

also will you be somehow disabling the console? I know that these things are the end all be all here at mod central but in order to have a fair game Cheating should be kept to a min or allowed without restraint.

how about moderators, do you plan to have someone moderating full time to assist players?

whatever the case I cant wait to try it

There are a handful of ideas that are circulating in regards to mods. We could do one of the following;

• Client-side mods must match server-side mods. This can be checked and enforced with a hashcheck of active mods.
  • Adopt a Spoutcraft system. The server can send scripts to the client for execution where appropriate.
  • Probably other ideas I haven't thought of :P

As for disabling the console and moderators, I can't say. This will require some dev and staff discussion.

Edited by hipolipolopigus