Tytanis, Skyrim Online and SkyNet announce cooperation

Szimitar

As far as this little legal squabble goes, I say it is a moot point. skyrim-online.com is stating that the company he works for will back his legal pursuits within this matter. This will open the door to Beth to sue that said company of the employee for some type of IP infringement. Look at what happened with the Fallout MMO as an example. Beth encourages modding of their property, but I do not believe that they would support the money making process that a MMO would bring to the game, and more so a large corporate involvement. As for my personal opinion, I like the concept of skynet.hipolipolopig.us over skyrim-online.com. Having the game just a multiplayer game where me and my close ones are able to enjoy the world of skyrim together, would enhance our experience. Having a massive amount of people within that same world as skyrim-online.com is aiming for would be just about the same as shooting oneself in the foot. As far as the modding the game period, it is excellent that there are individuals working on a individual complex mods would come together to combine resources and talents to further each vision of the mod, but to expect that the resources should not be shared is a little selfish. Isn't the mindset of the modding community to come together and pool each other's resources so to create ever better mods and improvements for the game, thus inspiring the mother company to further their innovations for their future projects? This then would allow modders to once again become even more creative when improving those future games creating an ever expanding cycle of improvements and innovations and total enjoyment of the lines of games that are produced. As far as the money is concerned, people are allowed to throw their money to anyone else they wish to for whatever reasons they make. If there is misrepresentation going on to collect this money, then there is an issue, but with donations, there is no expectation of a return for the money used. There is, though, expectation that the money would be used as promised, and if it is found that this is not the case, then shame on you and legal avenues should be perused, if nothing more than to make sure that the individuals who is dishonest with their intentions and actions would not do this to anyone else. That is my opinion in a quick jot of thoughts as I read through this little issue that has occurred. I don't like this legal situation that can be arising from bruised egos and upset mindsets. I am going to become a modder, and welcome others helping me and hope others would accept my help.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for all you guys for this. I am sure my brain would melt out my ear.

I would absolutely jump in and help if it were maybe a 2-4 player co-op option. Perhaps that could be something to think about? Or something that enables one to host a server like in MInecraft so they can play what mods and with their choice friends instead of the MMO.

However I have not completely read the information so this may be something that has been discussed. >.>

Anyway good for you all to vulcan mind-meld and all.

Good for all you guys for this. I am sure my brain would melt out my ear.

I would absolutely jump in and help if it were maybe a 2-4 player co-op option. Perhaps that could be something to think about? Or something that enables one to host a server like in MInecraft so they can play what mods and with their choice friends instead of the MMO.

However I have not completely read the information so this may be something that has been discussed. >.>

Anyway good for you all to vulcan mind-meld and all.

Have a look at our BethSoft Post, we intend to make it flexible (So you can chuck it on a dedicated server if you wanted an MMO structure or you could host it locally and play over a LAN :))

I have never ever posted anything on the Skyrim Online forums. The only thing I've ever posted on his site was this comment on the article about our mod (Which wasn't approved. Funny, that)

That Hipolipolopigus is not me. I'm not sure who they are, but they are not me. Obviously, there is little I can do to actually prove that it isn't me which really sucks. You can, however, look at my Steam page to see that I do own Skyrim through Steam.

What exactly do you take us for? As though two people would come up with that impossible name to spell/pronounce? And both sharing the same avatar?

No one's questioning whether you own a legal copy or not. Whether you're *distributing* the game however, that's a whole 'nother matter.

I have never ever posted anything on the Skyrim Online forums. The only thing I've ever posted on his site was this comment on the article about our mod (Which wasn't approved. Funny, that)

That Hipolipolopigus is not me. I'm not sure who they are, but they are not me. Obviously, there is little I can do to actually prove that it isn't me which really sucks. You can, however, look at my Steam page to see that I do own Skyrim through Steam.

What exactly do you take us for? As though two people would come up with that impossible name to spell/pronounce? And both sharing the same avatar?

No one's questioning whether you own a legal copy or not. Whether you're *distributing* the game however, that's a whole 'nother matter.

And it's completely impossible for somebody to copy my name and link to my work? Look, that isn't me. Why would I even bother with cracks if I legally own it? -,- One thing that I have noticed is that they've been using my personal anime directories on my site for webseeds, which is annoying. Frankly while there is no real way to prove that it isn't (Or is) me, the closest thing I can come up with is a lack of smilies :P (You'll notice many of my posts here and on my own site are rampant with them lol)

Not that I'm trying to push the issue under the rug, but I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to talk about piracy and the like :L

do you guys need programmers? I'm good with C#, C, C++, Java, and I'm familiar with unix shell scripting and database processing.

My spring semester is starting soon though but if you guys ever need someone to help you out part time or even with non-techincal related things let me know.