Help! Mismatched custom Follower head and body skin colors

RoninWoof

Btw, I did not think to check over at Bethesda.net. I just thought people ported their mods from Nexus over to the new Skyrim SE. (Many of the mods use Nexus links in the description, which is how I found this site) Maybe I can reach the modder over there.

It may have changed with Skyrim Special Edition. What I am saying is based off of my knowledge and experience from the previous version of the game. Uninstalling any mod, scripted or not, leaves permanent, empty data on your save that the game tries to look for as you play.

If you really want to take the risk and uninstall the mods, I'll give you a tutorial. Just make sure you are absolutely sure you want to do this before proceeding.

1: Be sure to divorce the follower(s) from your working follower(s). (I don't know what mod you're using to marry followers to each other, but I have a theory your working followers may be negatively impacted if you do not follow this step.)

2: Take away anything you don't want to lose from their inventories, with the exception of weapons, armor and items added by their mods.

3: Dismiss the followers, and then move into an interior where very few or no other NPC is present. (Breezehome in Whiterun is a good place, if you own it.) Any interior where content from the mods you want to uninstall are absent will do.

4: Save your game, quit, and then uninstall the faulty follower mods.

5: Open the game and load your save. Confirm you want to load it despite the missing mods.

6: Once the game has loaded, wait exactly 30 days (30 24-hour cycles) inside your chosen interior. (This resets all the game's cells). Once that has been done, save your game, and you are finally ready to resume play.

Neverwinter, I tried your suggestion and all looked good in the nif but when I move the files over to SSE and do the basic open in CK then save as the wiki suggests , the nif file becomes what appears to be corrupted and the texture definition area loses the texture files location data. The structure in the nif also looks a bit different than it was. I'm thinking I'll study the file prior to moving it so as I can figure out where the texture locations are placed and try to edit the file in SSE.

What's odd is I've ported one mod already and she looks fine but this one has darker skin so it's obvious the skin tone isn't adjusting correctly in the face to the body.

Neverwinter, I tried your suggestion and all looked good in the nif but when I move the files over to SSE and do the basic open in CK then save as the wiki suggests, the nif file becomes what appears to be corrupted and the texture definition area loses the texture files location data. The structure in the nif also looks a bit different than it was. I'm thinking I'll study the file prior to moving it so as I can figure out where the texture locations are placed and try to edit the file in SSE.

What's odd is I've ported one mod already and she looks fine but this one has darker skin so it's obvious the skin tone isn't adjusting correctly in the face to the body.

Every time you load a custom follower in the CK, their FaceGeom and FaceTint files get reset. Whenever you need to make an edit to a follower, you must back up these files beforehand and then replace the generated files after saving the .esp or .esm.

I went ahead and replaced the file with my backed up one and the issue still persists. This is the mod that has the issue:

2653481-1479601736.png

The only thing I can think of is to change her body tint in the CK to match her face. I looked at that possibility and I can get it pretty close. My other mod I just ported has very Little issue if any.

She was the first port I did with almost the exact same specs and configuration. She looks pretty good in game with just a bit of a neck seam

2653481-1479601910.png

I checked the file backup after copying it in to the data folders and the Nifscope information looks right the only thing I see is the blankdetailmap that may be causing and issue. Not sure.

Here's what the Nifscope looks like:

I'm using the armoraddon to armortorso technigue then applying it in traits as skin, it works very well in Skyrim legacy but not sure if it's an issue in SSE.

2653481-1479612329.png