[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

@myrm hey myrm o.o long time no talk

@serg i didnt recognize you at first nd im not fighting

@everyone else, can someone further explain to me the difference between skeletons and rigs? because i can makke new rigs easily for a more custom mesh design but im not sure exactly why its called skeleton in skyrim or what exactly it contains

From my modding experience rigging is supposed to place for example a sword in the correct position so the character won't hold it from the blade, since he is supposed to hold it from the handle.

Right now there is no need for that since he built up the mesh around the skeleton. Hope I helped you!

no...in 3D rigging is what enables models to move body parts or car parts and so on, its like a structure, but i want to know mainly why they have different names and so on..because then we can make different sizes for werewolfs and what not

i can make rigs to make a character able to follow animations to run and so on, i dont see swords having rigs unless they have like gears that are moving on them or something of the sort...

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't the swords need rigs so that the game knows where to put the mesh in the animations it's used in?

Oh, I didn't realize rigging entailed making skeletons. Would you be able to port (I think the technical term is retarget) animations from one rig to another?

Just wanted to throw this out there, after seeing the post in the "Wait for DLC" thread.

DON'T STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!

DLC for wolfies could be months and months away - IF IT COMES AT ALL. Besides, you are aiming to fix what they didn't get right in the first place, so who's to say they will get it right with a DLC? NEVER abandon a mod just because 'someone else MIGHT put this out before I do!' Besides, you do this up good and people loving it and all that might get Beth to take a look at it and see what's popular and not in wolfies - and what people are most demanding changed.

Holy mother of God I just found the perfect werewolf texture for the Khajiit folk!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1307

no, no and no.

the first time i've seen that thing i thought "there is no way my kahjiit will use that skin" and after reading all the lore behind the werebeasts im refusing this even more :|

about the werebears i don't know if they will have a quest behind it, but I have it.

well, i've got the ideas on how you end up being a werebear and why the hell there are none in all of skyrim.

DreamCode@

Well coolster made something simmilar in his addon for Curse Of Hircine Ressurected (Symphony of Night),so again it will be a rip off.But then again why not ...

anything - and i mean ANYTHING you use in the script, whether it be variable, adding a book, whatever... needs to be in the properties window. That's what I've learned! :D

Everything is in the properties window. All the globals are defined, as are the variables, and the spells/magic effects. Its just not working. The script is plain not initializing properly, or not reading the globals. I think it just hates me.

Speaking of which, do you need to use the papyrus fragment stuff to start a script that's attached to a quest?

Sergyu: Why wouldn't we?

well I havent gotten there yet in my own project. To see if you script is even running at all I recommend making your script send a debug message which you can see in game to test whether it is running at all.

However i am aware that there are start() and definetly stop() functions