[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

Different formula. This one returns the moon phase as numbers between zero and seven rather than checking if there's a full moon. I got it working btw. Have you made any progress on the other scripts (NPC transformation and such?)? If so send them over and I'll incorporate them into the .esp. Of course, we won't be able to implement them until Bethesda patches the custom NPC texture issues, but it'll be a start. I'm currently working on the more "cinematic" side of the transformation, the flavor text and screen effects specifically.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone I just found this quote that relates to what we're doing here... it ain't much as it is just a rumor but it would be nice...

"There are currently 18 skills in total so there is room for more such as one specifically for a Werewolf, where you can level up while in this form for killing or eating different things. The problem with being one of these creatures is that you do not have any armor, so you could take an arrow and be killed outright. Why would you be given the chance to become a Werewolf if there was no way for it to become a major part of the game, hence why there are rumors of a skill tree in a future DLC?"

Heres the source of the quote

That "rumour" indicated is likely linked solely to the GameJam Werewolf perk tree (which actually replaced one of the existing skills, rather than being a new skill).

On a related note I've been trying to investigate exactly how the game decides what ranks what up in order to merge some skill trees (lockpicking + pickpocket & Light Armor + Heavy Armor*), but it seems like it is most likely hardcoded. If it is then hopefully SKSE has a workaround.

For example if what ranks a skill up can be changed, we'd be able to make lockpicking rank up the pickpocket skill and we'd be able to make Werewolf feeding rank up the orphaned lockpicking skill value.

* = So that space can be made for seperate Werewolf / Therianthrope** & Vampire skill trees.

** = Therianthrope covers more Werecreatures (like Werebears, Wereboars, Weresharks etc) unlike Lycanthrope, which only covers Werewolves.

Edited by TheOutlander

First of all, im back and i apologize for the reason i was out of reach.

I was banned for trolling (more an hard joke than trolling) so i was put immediately in my place (the law here is fast, awesome), thanks god the mods seems magnanimous so the ban lasted just 1 day after i sent them my apologize (i can't apologize to the one i trolled 'cause i forgot who he was).

I've got to thank Infinity for his patience with me on Steam (i was quite desperate after a couple of hours of ban.... no mods *fear*) and probably his support on letting me out of the ban, so Thanks a bunch dude ^^ (and thanks anyway even if is not the case).

Now, putting the depressing things aside, at first i thought that heavy+light toghether was a nice idea, but it lasted 2 seconds before i changed my mind.

I say this 'cause it might break the game for those who go for armor, giving them the choice to get both of them and make a switch from stealth and head to head combat too easy (its hard to explain in words, but you got the point).

Lockpicking + pickpocketing is the best choice, they both stay on the thief side, making pickpocketing a tempting choice for those (me) who see the pickpocket tree only an excuse to strip naked people (literally).

Giving the name Therianthrope to the skill tree would be aimed mostly 'cause there will be werebears in the mod (lorewise and if is decided to do so), but no more i think :ermm:

I have already made the for you... And just see creationkit.com/perk_tree since I have created that tutorial too, quite simple...

Edit: also I can make almost anything that is perk oriented and don't involve heavy scripting.

Edited by 6TemplaR9