[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, good.

I'm going to do a bit of script brainstorming...

Since there are two werewolf related globals we can hijack, one of which detects if the player is a werewolf, I think I might be able to get the werewolf infection working earlier than expected, which is good. On a separate note, NPC transformations won't be particularly difficult if cross script variables work like they did in the CS. I imagine our first alpha version will have the player and NPC werewolves transforming every night (since the timing scripts are likely to be really complicated.)

This is the first step, i will try to look at even more stat and abilities we can change (i already found out how to expand the level limit on the fear howl).

for now is :

Beast Blood (called WerewolfImmunity in skyedit) :

Resist Disease 100 (as normal)

Unarmed damage 5

Heal Rate 1 (still figuring out what are the real values)

Heal Rate Combat 1

Lycantrophy (renamed from beast form, just for tastes, the ability is called WerewolfChange) :

Heal Rate 5 (this is enough to resist a lot of damage during the transform, of course this buff will disappear at the end of the transformation)

Heal Rate Combat 5

Werewolf Stats in beast form(AbWerewolf) :

normal resistance to disease and fortify carry weight;

+50 Stamina and Health by default

+150 Armor

+10% Res Magic

Heal Rate 2 (slower is a risk against dragons on harder modes, we can make a lesser powerful one for easier games)

Heal Rate Combat 2

+50 health at level 60-70-80

+10 unarmed damage at lv 60, +11 at 70, +12 at 80 (stacking)

Basic stats for each level range (this stats don't stack each other) (PlayerWerewolfLvl**AndBelowAbility) :

Lvl10AndBelowAbility : +2 Unarmed / +5 stamina / +50 health / +0.1 stamina rate (same problem with heal rate) / +30 armor / +10% res magic, frost, poison

Lvl15AndBelowAbility : +8 unar / +10 stam / +75 health / +0.2 stam rate / +45 armor / +15% res frost / +15% res poison / +10% res magic

Lvl20AndBelowAbility : +22 un / +15 st / +100 hp / +0.2 sr / +60 ar / 20 fr / 20 poi / 10 mag

Lvl25AndBelowAbility : +38 un / +20 st / +125 hp / +0.3 sr / +75 ar / 25 fr / 25 poi / 20 mag

Lvl30AndBelowAbility : +48 un / +25 st / +150 hp / +0.6 sr / +90 ar / 30 fr / 30 poi / 20 mag

Lvl35AndBelowAbility : +57 un / +30 st / +175 hp / +0.7 sr / +105 ar / 35 fr / 35 poi / 20 mag

Lvl40AndBelowAbility : +67 un / +35 st / +200 hp / +0.8 sr / +120 ar / 40 fr / 40 poi / 30 mag

Lvl45AndBelowAbility : +78 un / +40 st / +225 hp / +0.9 sr / +135 ar / 45 fr / 45 poi / 30 mag

Lvl50AndOverAbility : +90 un / +50 st / +250 hp / +1 sr / +150 ar / 50 fr / 50 poi / 35 mag

This work didn't come directly from me, i had to see other works to figure out where i had to put my hands, so this is not a work that come directly from my brains, but i will later see how the healing rates works on my characters.

Samogen made a modified version of the default ww mesh, but it was kinda

Glitchy (holes in the mesh, weird coloration due to something with the normal/UV maps). The changes were basically as follows...

- Longer snout

-No random bald spots.

- bushier tail

Longer, more wild like ears.

Only big problems were that the jaw looked a bit crocodile like, there were a few holes, and the tail was out of position.

We also got permission from the maker of that fem ww model to use and modify the model. Beside the stuff that also applies to the male model, my main gripe was that he went WAY overboard with the breasts. Now, since even the male model has pecs, I don't think the fem model should be completely flat chested, but still.

No no no do not change the mesh size it would mess up the animation and the skeleton. We can make a higher resolution texture from 512 (default) to 1024. Be my guest but make sure you get them all right. The engine is kinda tricky. As about the colour it must be brown-grey-black because its gonna transform during the night so it wouldn't be too wise to have white fur running around in the darkness. Just post your mesh that you think works best and Elder or me will just tell you the stuff that doesen't add up. Is it OK with you?