[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

anything - and i mean ANYTHING you use in the script, whether it be variable, adding a book, whatever... needs to be in the properties window. That's what I've learned! :D

Everything is in the properties window. All the globals are defined, as are the variables, and the spells/magic effects. Its just not working. The script is plain not initializing properly, or not reading the globals. I think it just hates me.

Speaking of which, do you need to use the papyrus fragment stuff to start a script that's attached to a quest?

Sergyu: Why wouldn't we?

well I havent gotten there yet in my own project. To see if you script is even running at all I recommend making your script send a debug message which you can see in game to test whether it is running at all.

However i am aware that there are start() and definetly stop() functions

I've actually done that, what I meant was that either of the ways I tried to get to work, it would not initialize (wouldn't give me the debug notifications that is) or not read the globals (the debug notification would return as zero.)

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me seven hours to make the courier deliver stuff. This scripting got hardurrrrr. >.>

I would make another mod and just do some personal testing to see if I can get anything to trigger a basic script. Just to keep that stuff away form my main .esp file. I dunno what else to tell you that you wouldnt already know. Everything requires mucho testing.

All I need to do to get into the next phase of testing is to get the game to properly read global values. That's all, absolutely nothing else. The newest version pulls out absolutely everything from the script except the global variable reads and the initialization stuff.

It's also a start game enabled quest; the Bethesda who popped into my thread said that should make it work...

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by TheElderInfinity

When we first started this project the main idea was the Werewolf, and then more people suggested to also add the Werebear. Our main objective is the Werewolf.

Yeah... that's probably my fault. I decided to just try and model a werebear on my own time and stuff, then I stumbled across this mod thread and let it out that I was working on one. Anyway, I apologize for whatever troubles or bunny trails the werebear has brought to this thread.

I did some fiddling around with the face and body, and here's what I've come up with so far.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6848519249_ae5853e3f7_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7179/6848519347_afd36e523e_b.jpg

Also, I JUST saw the Bethesda-made werebear and it looks awesome. I may start working to get it to reflect the Beth-werebear a little more.

Hey, if anyone could do me a favor, could you create a .esp with this script attached to a quest (start game enabled of course)? Make sure to autofill the properties in the property window so that GameHour is correctly identified with the global variable. Run your game with the .esp activated and see if it returns the correct time of day. Its a long shot, but I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe my CK/compiler download was bad.

GlobalVariable Property GameHour auto

Event OnInit()

RegisterForUpdate(1)

EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()

if GameHour.Value != 0

debug.notification("Global Has Returned as Non-zero value.")

else

debug.notification("Global Has Returned as zero.")

endif

EndEvent

Make sure you have the "Quest" extension btw.

Holy hell, it says its returning as a non-zero variable for me. Then again, it keeps spamming me with 0.0000, so idk. gonna have to change it to actually show me the variable.

Still a bit to go :D

Scriptname WerewolfTransformation extends Quest
{Controls the Timing for transformation.}

int  property cohCanTransform auto
Spell property WerewolfChange auto
GlobalVariable Property GameHour auto
GlobalVariable Property GameDaysPassed auto
GlobalVariable Property PlayerIsWerewolf auto
GlobalVariable Property PlayerWerewolfShiftbacktime auto
MagicEffect Property WerewolfChangeEffect auto

Event OnInit()
 RegisterForUpdate(20)
EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()
; Determining Moon Phase Below...Not yet implimented.
 int timeOfDay = GameHour.GetValueint()
 int DaysPassed = GameDaysPassed.GetValueint()
; Ignore PhaseDay, not functioning in this iteration of the script.

if timeOfDay >= 20 || timeOfDay <= 6
 cohCanTransform = 1
else
 cohCanTransform = 0
endif

if PlayerIsWerewolf.GetValue() == 1 && cohCanTransform == 1 && game.getplayer().HasMagicEffect(WerewolfChangeEffect) == 0
 PlayerWerewolfShiftbacktime.SetValue(10000)
 WerewolfChange.Cast(Game.GetPlayer(), Game.GetPlayer())
elseif game.getplayer().HasMagicEffect(WerewolfChangeEffect) == 1 && cohCanTransform == 0
 PlayerWerewolfShiftbacktime.SetValue(1)
 game.getplayer().DispelSpell(WerewolfChange)
endif
EndEvent

Yep, nice to have you DieBySword.

Btw, he's a new team member in the scripting department.

He made a version of the Call of Hircine .esp that's apparently working for him, though his Creation Kit doesn't have the update. Either way, its not working for me, so I'm not sure what to do besides put the script together from scratch, step by step.

http://wczasy-justyna.pl/test.zip