[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

Syntax

Function EnablePlayerControls(bool abMovement = true, bool abFighting = true, bool abCamSwitch = true, \
 bool abLooking = true, bool abSneaking = true, bool abMenu = true, bool abActivate = true, bool abJournalTabs = true, \
 int aiDisablePOVType = 0) native global

[edytuj] Parameters

abMovement: Enable the player's movement controls.
       Default: True 
   abFighting: Enable the player's combat controls.
   abCamSwitch: Enable the ability to switch to 3rd-person.
   abLooking: Enable the player's look controls.
   abSneaking: Enable the player's sneak controls.
   abMenu: Enables menu controls (Journal, Inventory, Pause, etc.).
   abActivate: Enables activation.
   abJournalTabs: Enables all Journal tabs.
   aiDisablePOVType: What POV system is enabling POV
       0 = Script
       1 = Werewolf
       Default: 0 

- Stealth and sneak attacks in beast form: The first time one of my characters became a werewolf, the very first thing I did was try to sneak, and naturally found that werewolves in Skyrim can't sneak. Now I'd very much like to stealth in as soon as possible, but I'm afraid that's going to be rather difficult; werewolves don't have an animation for sneaking, therefore we'll need to create one ourselves, as well as one for sneak attacks.

- First Person View As a Werewolf: First person view for werewolves runs into a similar problem to sneaking as a werewolf; there's no animations for it. While this isn't as big of a problem as sneaking since an invisible first person werewolf (the most likely outcome of trying to give werewolves first person view) isn't game breaking, it definitely kills immersion.

[*] Lunar Transformations: One of the most disappointing thing about Skyrim's werewolves is the lack of any sort of moon based buffs, transformation triggers, or really anything to do with the moon. In Call of Hircine, transformations will work much like they did in Curse of Hircine: You will transform into a werewolf on the night of the full moon at approximately 8:00 PM, and remain a werewolf until approximately 5:00 AM. There will also be a chance for you to transform on nights with partially full moons; any night besides the new moon and the crescent moon is fair game, though the chances decrease every night after the full moon passes. Holding with Elder Scrolls lore,werewolves will have a power that allows them to trigger a voluntary transformation once a day. The transformation will last for one hour unless it is trigger on a night on which a voluntary transformation could occur but didn't due to chance (Gibbous, first, or third quarter nights have a transformation chence less than 100%), in which case it will last until 6 AM the follownig morning

[*] Access to the map and character menus: If your going to spend an entire night in beast form, the map is absolutely essential, as is the ability to look through the character menus. You'll most likely be locked out of the inventory, though you'll be able to pick up stray objects as a werewolf, and remove quest items from containers or bodies.

Guess thats complete except first person attacking that cant be performed because of missing animations :P

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syntax

Function EnablePlayerControls(bool abMovement = true, bool abFighting = true, bool abCamSwitch = true, \
 bool abLooking = true, bool abSneaking = true, bool abMenu = true, bool abActivate = true, bool abJournalTabs = true, \
 int aiDisablePOVType = 0) native global

[edytuj] Parameters

abMovement: Enable the player's movement controls.
   abFighting: Enable the player's combat controls.
   abCamSwitch: Enable the ability to switch to 3rd-person.
   abLooking: Enable the player's look controls.
   abSneaking: Enable the player's sneak controls.
   abMenu: Enables menu controls (Journal, Inventory, Pause, etc.).
   abActivate: Enables activation.
   abJournalTabs: Enables all Journal tabs.
   aiDisablePOVType: What POV system is enabling POV
       0 = Script
       1 = Werewolf
       Default: 0 

- Stealth and sneak attacks in beast form: The first time one of my characters became a werewolf, the very first thing I did was try to sneak, and naturally found that werewolves in Skyrim can't sneak. Now I'd very much like to stealth in as soon as possible, but I'm afraid that's going to be rather difficult; werewolves don't have an animation for sneaking, therefore we'll need to create one ourselves, as well as one for sneak attacks.

- First Person View As a Werewolf: First person view for werewolves runs into a similar problem to sneaking as a werewolf; there's no animations for it. While this isn't as big of a problem as sneaking since an invisible first person werewolf (the most likely outcome of trying to give werewolves first person view) isn't game breaking, it definitely kills immersion.

[*] Lunar Transformations: One of the most disappointing thing about Skyrim's werewolves is the lack of any sort of moon based buffs, transformation triggers, or really anything to do with the moon. In Call of Hircine, transformations will work much like they did in Curse of Hircine: You will transform into a werewolf on the night of the full moon at approximately 8:00 PM, and remain a werewolf until approximately 5:00 AM. There will also be a chance for you to transform on nights with partially full moons; any night besides the new moon and the crescent moon is fair game, though the chances decrease every night after the full moon passes. Holding with Elder Scrolls lore,werewolves will have a power that allows them to trigger a voluntary transformation once a day. The transformation will last for one hour unless it is trigger on a night on which a voluntary transformation could occur but didn't due to chance (Gibbous, first, or third quarter nights have a transformation chence less than 100%), in which case it will last until 6 AM the follownig morning

[*] Access to the map and character menus: If your going to spend an entire night in beast form, the map is absolutely essential, as is the ability to look through the character menus. You'll most likely be locked out of the inventory, though you'll be able to pick up stray objects as a werewolf, and remove quest items from containers or bodies.

Guess thats complete except first person attacking that cant be performed because of missing animations :P

Excellent, absolutely marvelous! I'll test the feeding tomorrow, now all that's left for this part of the script is. Ug fixing and polish, then the scripts are done. I think I'll work on the player infection script and feeding script, and maybe the NPC implementation (Hunters and wild werewolves) I think it's about time I started thinking about those Voice Actung auditions I mentioned about a month ago.

I'm planning to slip werewolves into a bunch of the humanoid leveled lists, as well as adding wilderness encounters and hand placed spawns; See a random adventurer in the wilderness? He may be a werewolf! Or he might not, you'll have to wait till a night on which the moon is bright to

Now, as for the polish, there's a few things I had in mind...Feel free to add anything you want to this list

It would be really awesome if we could reproduce that flavor text and the pre transformation stuff that Curse of Hircine had, like the pulsing vision. If anyone works on that, may I recommend the werewolfWarn IMOD? When activated several times over a short amount of time, it has the interesting effect of gradually washing out the color and increasing the contrast. It looks really cool IMHO. Perhaps we could also throw in that red haze that fogs the screen when you power attack as a werewolf? Seeing the screen slowly pulse to a washed out bloody red, high contrast tint would look spectacular IMHO, and be really fitting. Considering how powerful the while loops and wait() utility functions are, it shouldn't be hard to choreograph this effect to start slow and accelerate in the 6 or 7 minutes prior to 8 PM on nights with full moons.

Now on the subject of the moon, I'm trying to come up with a way to duplicate the random chance of transformation for werewolves on nights with gibbous and first/third quarter moons, hell, since the script to make NPC werewolves is going to be attachable to actors, it might be possible to make the transformation chance unique to each actor!

One last bit of polish is going to have to be interrupting sleeping and waiting when it's time to transform.

Those ideas are just related to your script DieBy...I'm astounded and impressed by how much you've acomplished so far!

PS: could you email me the latest stable .esp and scripts Sword, I'd like to test m stuff with the latest version.

Edited by TheElderInfinity

What are your ideas with Ring of Hircine?

Also you could just add the infector script to the werewolf race as an ability.

That's certainly possible, but I also need to write a script that starts upon the player's infection with Saines Lupines (or whatever the disease is called) and turns the player into a werewolf if uncured.

As far as the ring of Hircine goes, I'm uncertain. I found that particular quest rather underwhelming, and think the reward wasn't really earned. As far as changing its function, I'd like it to give the player full control over their werewolf transformations, as per TES lore.

On a side note, since Hircine will almost certainly play a role that merits a voice, we'll have to completely rerecord his lines. On a side note, I'd like to make the cursed ring of Hircine transform the player, in addition to random times throughout the day, on any night In which a transformation is possible, giving players a big incentive to break that curse, since the amount of feeding necessary with so many transformations is likely to net them huge debuffs.

Edited by TheElderInfinity

What are your ideas with Ring of Hircine?

Also you could just add the infector script to the werewolf race as an ability.

That's certainly possible, but I also need to write a script that starts upon the player's infection with Saines Lupines (or whatever the disease is called) and turns the player into a werewolf if uncured.

As far as the ring of Hircine goes, I'm uncertain. I found that particular quest rather underwhelming, and think the reward wasn't really earned. As far as changing its function, I'd like it to give the player full control over their werewolf transformations, as per TES lore.

On a side note, since Hircine will almost certainly play a role that merits a voice, we'll have to completely rerecord his lines. On a side note, I'd like to make the cursed ring of Hircine transform the player, in addition to random times throughout the day, on any night In which a transformation is possible, giving players a big incentive to break that curse, since the amount of feeding necessary with so many transformations is likely to net them huge debuffs.

Elder, you can simply modify the last ring that the werewolf gives you if you decide to help him during the Hunt and maybe add a little buff for those who aren't werewolves; the cursed ring can be trimmed to trigger the transformation more often (to be a REAL curse).

After some testing and reading most of the psc scripts I finally got a hang of things so I`m rebuilding the script.

I`m gonna add a custom Cast function to the WerewolfChangeEffect spell so we can cast the spell on NPC directly.

I`m gonna make a new NPCwerewolfTransformation for the npc mirroring the PlayerWerewolfChange script that is triggered by the Cast function because NPC will need a special script for storing they starting races and un-equipping they`re weapons.

As I mentioned before I wanted to use the werewolf transform on actors but that wont be a good idea. If we want to be able to use it on actors then we will need an onUpdate request for every actor and that will bog down the game. The alternative is having only one onUpdate on the main COH file under the main quest that will trigger the werewolf transformation for the player and an array of actors if they pass the requirements.

The Array will contain actor names and will be stored in a separate script dedicated only for that purpose, if you want to add an actor to the werewolf transformation then you need to modify the array. I`m still trying to find a way of using the factions or classes to be the array because its easier to add and maintain actors from the faction/class window in the CK.

At least I finally grasped the concept of triggering local functions from different script and different quest in my own local scripts :) I got a good feeling about the Quest Aliases too so now thing should go more smoothly :P

P.S Sneaking in werewolf does not work even if its enabled so I guess that we are missing a werewolf sneak animation like with the first person view. I`m not a 3D modeler but could it be possible to export the normal race sneak animation with skeleton and replace the animation with the werewolf skin ?

P.S Sneaking in werewolf does not work even if its enabled so I guess that we are missing a werewolf sneak animation like with the first person view. I`m not a 3D modeler but could it be possible to export the normal race sneak animation with skeleton and replace the animation with the werewolf skin ?

the skeletons are completely different, so a new animation is needed, as far as i know.

the skeletons are completely different, so a new animation is needed, as far as i know.

It could be retargeted to the werewolf skeleton, though DreamCodex is planning on making a brand new one.

It could be retargeted to the werewolf skeleton, though DreamCodex is planning on making a brand new one.

Brand new one means we can make our own costume one and that is a good thing.

for example giving that quadruped sneak to make you feel more predator-like or wathever...