Sort of disappointed in Modding community

Havoc10K

To a certain extent, I agree. The creativity over at Skyrim is a bit greater. That said, I don't think some of the things from the Fallout 4 Creation Kit are the same as Skyrim's Creation Kit. Also, I know I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to modify and create new meshes and textures and have resolved to get 3DS Max and Photoshop to do what I need. That may also be a barrier to other modders. Accessibility to easy to use, free, legitimate (not pirated) tools and tutorials to help them get their dreams realized.

I want to hear more of your ideas. I'll throw up all my cards up front to contribute.

For Fallout 4:

-Undeath (like in Skyrim's Undeath and Immersive Lichdom). Galejro made Porphyric Ghoulification so in theory I don't see why we couldn't make a Fallout 4 version. Maybe turn yourself into a Glowing One and have an army of ghouls?

-XRE Cars for Fallout 4.

-J3X Motorcycle for Fallout 4 (probably much better given the tight space in the cities.)

-An updated Atom Cats Settlement (I need to finish that.)

-Bradberton Settlement in Nuka-World. I need to either a) hollow out the builds or b) make them interior cells.

-Silver Shroud Overhaul.

-Assaultron & Liberty Prime Optic Blast (like an equippable grenade or something.)

-The Shadow (which is what the Silver Shroud is based off.)

-Crater of Atom Settlement. I already did that.

-Institute Settlement. I already did that. I want to figure out how to link interior and exterior workshops and inventories so I can put an outpost at CIT to protect the Institute from someone potentially tunneling in from topside.

-Children of Atom rags with 10,000 rad resistance (already did that on request for my Crater of Atom settlement.)

-Bathhouse for Cait/Piper/Curie

-Minutemen biker clothes (Sons of Anarchy inspired motorcycle club vest).

-Testing of SteadyAim02 perk from .60 to .01 value. I'm unsure if it lowers the cone of fire from shotguns or what as I didn't notice a big difference

-FortifySneakAttackBonusx2ChemPerk in the Creation Kit. Potentially make some Assassin type clothes or weapons with this attached?

-I like the minigun turret idea. That would require meshing and texturing tools that work.

-Athletic female preset, because I wanted an alternative to huge breasts, flabby females, or ones who don't look like they work out. Partially to have attractive companions but also because I would think a hero/heroine would not get far in the deadly wasteland if they weren't training and they were out of shape. I already did this.

For Skyrim:

-Beholder (from Dungeons & Dragons, if possible would even port it to Fallout 4 because why not? We have Centaurs and other weirdness. An idea I just had would be for the Beholder to use the Eyebot mechanics and fire lasers.)

-Metathran Companion (from the Magic: The Gathering series).

-Urza & Phyrexians (from Magic: The Gathering series)

-Ioun Stones (little stones that orbit the head and give magic and spells, could be done with Fallout 4 to give AP.)

-Red Wizards of Thay outfits

-Lolth or Spider Daedra

-No shout cooldown (since when does your voice need a cooldown? I know many people who won't shut up.)

As a bonus, here is some of the stuff you have requested.

Space Marine Power Armor

40K Bolters and Bolt Pistols

M82a3 Anti-Materiel Rifle

Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took a whole page to get an actual response instead of bashing.

See ? I couldn't find warhammer space marines armor cuz whenever I do a search I get null resoults.

As for what you said there, yes, getting a legit 3DS Max or Photoshop is expensive and difficult, if someone wants to do things legit they need to get money for those things and they are not cheap by far.

Doing anything in modding is not easy, If it's photoshop then I can do some stuff but doing things in 3DS will require a lot of time for me.

If Ideas is what you want I can throw some more.

-Moddable Assaultron Head gun. So you can BEAM Scotty.

-Since we have Deathclaws bigegr than houses (almost) and we have Robots from Automatron (which I plan on buying soon) Why not Deathtron ? Mini-Bot-Traps and you know you want a D-O-L-L (Destructive Overpowered Laserwielding Lady)

-Power Armor is cool, but why not make it NUCLEAR cool ? Make it glow the patterns on paint jobs.

For your Skyrim, you don't need a mod for shout cooldowns, there's a commandline for that (player.modav shoutrecoverymult 0)

The Fallout modding community is far smaller than the Elder Scrolls modding community, which is a shame.

Also a shame that we will never see a mod that brings back skills from the previous fallout games, which is currently impossible but I'd imagine it could be done in the future?

Edited by Relentlessx757

The only misconception here is that you think mod authors serve some kind of greater "community" when in fact they're just people who make whatever they want in a game that you also happen to enjoy and are reaping in the benefits for free, that is what this community is. If you want something made then make it yourself, if your excuse is that you don't have the talent then you don't really want it in the first place and got no right to complain.

Throwing out some mod ideas for others to pick up is all fine and dandy, but don't come here and say you're disappointed no one took the time out of their day/week/month to create it.

It took a whole page to get an actual response instead of bashing.

See ? I couldn't find warhammer space marines armor cuz whenever I do a search I get null resoults.

As for what you said there, yes, getting a legit 3DS Max or Photoshop is expensive and difficult, if someone wants to do things legit they need to get money for those things and they are not cheap by far.

Doing anything in modding is not easy, If it's photoshop then I can do some stuff but doing things in 3DS will require a lot of time for me.

If Ideas is what you want I can throw some more.

-Moddable Assaultron Head gun. So you can BEAM Scotty.

-Since we have Deathclaws bigegr than houses (almost) and we have Robots from Automatron (which I plan on buying soon) Why not Deathtron ? Mini-Bot-Traps and you know you want a D-O-L-L (Destructive Overpowered Laserwielding Lady)

-Power Armor is cool, but why not make it NUCLEAR cool ? Make it glow the patterns on paint jobs.

For your Skyrim, you don't need a mod for shout cooldowns, there's a commandline for that (player.modav shoutrecoverymult 0)

Blender and GIMP are just as good and last I checked completely free. There are many, many modders that are hurting for time and money but they make mods THEY like and then choose to share. It is a small group that work on specific request and with the massive list you have I can see why many might steer clear.

And it isn't your ideas that are such an issue, but rather how you present yourself and the unrealistic expectations you seem to have. You will get more with honey than vinegar and if you show a willingness to learn and be polite I think the response you got would be much different.

To begin...I believe you posted this thread BEFORE you put out your list of requirements. Regardless of the chicken or egg, that really isn't a way to go about things.

Also the list you have is an immense amount of work. You don't seem to remember your manners of please and thank you and also seem to think that you are entitled to have your wish list filled or you poo-poo all over the modding community. If say you requested a single model and offered to texture it or learn to texture it I could see many people be more helpful.

If you want to learn, a little bit as you have time here is a great place to begin

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/81-the-enclave/

And remember, just as you say you are so busy and have no money...do you really think that everyone else that mods is in a different situation? Personally, I have three teenage kids and a single income in the household. That takes tons of time and drives me to the point of insanity. I haven't modded much other than for myself since Oblivion. But the few times I have asked for something (and I didn't get a bite on most of it though I have people willing to help me learn as we can) I asked nicely and I don't get pissy because people aren't making mods I wished to have.

You also give this list of things your require and though you have been here since 2011 you have endorsed a grand total of 5 mods (and the last appears to be in April of 2015.)

Sometimes if you need or want something you have to give a little to get a little. And sometimes the give is simply a gracious attitude and polite manners.

I think your reading ability lacks.

The first things I wrote was that I am grateful for everything so far.

Stop jumping to conclusions.

I did NOT make a timetable or anything, it's a list of what I would like to see, whether or not anyone does make anything from it is on their whim and mercy.

Modders community make great improvements to the games, and in some cases actually fix the games *cough*Oblivion*cough*, I'm sorry I seem to have problems with my throat.

They also seem to have a sense of humour, which you actually don't notice in my Opening Post.

Yes this topic came up before I posted the other one, the time stamp confirms it, since you are checking every single thing someone does how about you look at the timetables first.

I'm not using that many mods to endorse everything, and I am in the middle of trying some mods, some just don't work or crash my game so I am not going to endorse those. I believe that's fair.

If being grateful for all the mods the community has created is not showing manners, then I concede.

Enjoy your evening.

Not going to bother reading the entire topic, because I kind of knew enough already when I opened your profile and saw your grand total of 4 mod endorsements since signing up in 2011 and 0 mods contributed.

There really isn't any excuse for an entitled, bratty topic like this. Everyone has mod ideas and everyone thinks their ideas are just so much more worthy of being made into a mod.

I personally don't know anything about software. But I've still been teaching myself how to work with Photoshop, xEdit, etc. for the past few years now and I'm slowly approaching a point where I can create some of the mods that I want for myself. If even just 5% of the people always complaining about the lack of mods would actually invest time in learning how to mod, we'd probably have a lot of fantastic new mods already.

P.S.: The suggestions you gave here really just make it seem like you don't care a whole lot about the community as a whole and you just have these very, very specific ideas that you want other people to make for you. Mods for the Assaultron Head, aka a weapon that almost nobody ever uses? How would that serve the community at all and not just you?

I'm not using that many mods to endorse everything, and I am in the middle of trying some mods, some just don't work or crash my game so I am not going to endorse those. I believe that's fair.

The number of mods that flat out don't work at all are a surprisingly small number. If they didn't work with your particular mod list, that is on you and not the mod author. Either you didn't do your homework to check for incompatibilities or you installed incorrectly etc. and it crashed your game. The mod author shouldn't be punished for that by withholding your endorsement. The mod author worked hard to make something and gave it away for free. Endorsements are really the major "payment" we get. If you look at the post and bug section of a mod that you had trouble getting it to work for you and most people are not complaining about the same things, than it's probably just you and you could at least endorse the author for their effort even if you are unwilling to make the effort to get it to work on your machine.