Could someone assist a noob, wanting to become a modder?

zOracle

Hello everyone today i am making this post out of sheer desperation for some help and some pointers in the right direction, i have been wanting to get into modding for a long time now and as a result started learning Maya 2016 and in my opinion have became pretty good at making weapon meshes in high quality, i then started to try adding these meshes into a game and then i was hit with a realisation that i may have made a serious mistake, all the tutorials from other modders i found all use 3DS Max and all these nif plugins, mudbox support, UV baking etc etc and i cant figure out what i need and what i dont to start getting these models into a game, All i ask is for someone to make me a list of the things i will need to get my models into the game, if someone could take the time could you please list me the following:

What modeling software should i be using and what version, i see many people using 3ds Max with different versions ranging from 2012 to 2015, whats the best to use now in 2016?

what plugins/ 3rd party programs will i need to use this to model, export the model, UV etc

what will i need for texturing, do i need photoshop, mudbox etc

what else do i need, i clear and clean list of everything a modder needs to make a custom model, UV, texture, nif, import to nifskope and get into the Skyrim CK any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

I've been modding for about 2years now and currently developing Hammerfell: Shadows of the Alik'r... I personally use 3ds Max 2012 since it has more "Nif Support" don't get 3ds Max 2016 or 2017 because all the "Nif Plugins" seem very buggy and there almost no nif support for it. Here's a Starters list I would recommend if you want to mod with the notorious Nif Files

-3ds Max 2012

-Nif Plugin (unofficial one from the Skyrim Nexus)

-lastest version of Nifscope

For Texturing if you make your own Textures

-Photoshop CC 2015

-Intel Texture Works Plugin (most older tutorials use the Nvidias .dds Plugin) You can find both of them in my uploaded files!

Any Help you may need then send me a PM!