cant disable skyrim borders need help

trimilkcornbrush

I cannot disable the border in skyrim SE ive tried puttting [General]

bBorderRegionsEnabled=0

but it just wont work for me i need help im using mods that require it too be disabled

Could be any number of things causing this... so before we can deduce why, we first need to understand more about what and how you're doing certain things:

1) What mod manager are you using?

2) Are you using an ENB?

3) Are you using any third party GPU software such as NVIDIA GeForce Experience, etc?

4) Which file did you make the above edit to from your post?

Let's start with these....

no enb, im using mod manager i might have geforce experiance on but im sure it isnt i dont use it, and i made it in my skryimdefult.ini

which mod manager? NMM or MO? Both are popular mod managers. Both of which place copies of your ini files in a separate place other than the main game folders.

I just replied to other post about this. Anyway you've given a bit more info here so...

SkyrimDefault.ini is only read the first time you start the game (or if you delete the ini files in your "My Games" SkyrimSE folder), you need to create a file called SkyrimCustom.ini

(in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\ and put the tweak in there.

I just replied to other post about this. Anyway you've given a bit more info here so...

SkyrimDefault.ini is only read the first time you start the game (or if you delete the ini files in your "My Games" SkyrimSE folder), you need to create a file called SkyrimCustom.ini (in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\ and put the tweak in there.

Also to be sure, change the ini files to "read only" after you modify them to make certain the bgame or third party mod isn't changing them back without your concent or knowledge.

• 3 months later...

Something is most likely overwriting that .ini file. Try starting a (new) game with NOTHING other than the game, DLCs, and unofficial patch. See if the tweak stays operative for you. If so, you'll have to re-enable a few mods at a time until you find which one keeps overwriting.