Why would cars blow up after 200 years of no use?

PhunkyMunky

Video game logic; learn to love it. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, though, Catman66 is correct. Normally, simply shooting a nuclear reactor would not cause it to explode. However, in the Fallout universe, physics are almost totally different. In real life, ghouls would have died because of radiation sickness (not a pleasant way to go), and ants would not grow to be the size of small cars.

So, I guess it does all cycle back to my first point; video game logic.

It doesn't follow it's own logic tho. If a 9mm pistol can cause the fusion reactor to go critical, why does it no do the same for microfusion cells, or the fusion generators, or any of the rockets, etc etc.

I ALWAYS mod the cars to be about 50x tougher, to catch on fire at 99% damage, and to explode at 100%. It gives you something to hide behind and sometimes gives you a horrible surprise. I also make the explosions terrificly damaging to balance that equation out. It has to be strong enough to send the car right next door to blow up, too.

completely different techs and designs. I would imagine shooting the car causes the coolant to displace, and thus drives the fuel rod critical. While shooting a battery does nothing because its not a generator its a stored mass containing energy. Then rockets/missiles are usually electrically detonated and not by a cross of chemicals, so would not detonate unless properly triggered.

None the above, is to give tactical advantages... never take cover behind cars with tires (looks like are the tires which cause the boom, not the fuel reservoir) :) Edited by nosisab

You know.... I wonder how a car that's been sitting as a rust pile over a 200 year old time frame blows up when shooting them? That makes no sense whatsoever.......

the tank is full of gas lol