[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

I'm guessing that depends on the default of such things for the base weapon itself in conjunction with what the OMOD/s adds/subtracts, if negative recoil has the muzzle jumping down each shot I don't think I want to see what negative spread does.

I'm also questioning though if there would be any point in further reducing the spread, the default aim model for the vanilla "assault rifle" is 4 and 8 respectively while the AA12 with this barrel would be at 6 and 6, I could use the MinConeDegrees to drop the Min Angle down an extra two points but would it actually matter and serve any purpose in doing so?

So does a SET value of a property take priority over an ADD/MUL+ADD value on the same property?

I forgot that the vanilla Combat Shotgun long barrel reduces the spread that much - it's got the same values.

Reducing the spread a little bit with slugs or FRAG-12 would probably still make sense I think, but it may be more important to significantly reduce the iron sights mult so that aiming down sights is actually noticeably more accurate with them.

Hey Antistar one quick question, I just saw a 2019 article about some improvements Ruger made to the Mini-14, now they have a polymer tactical model, similar to an EBR, the result is actually quite cool in my opinion:

(snip)

From what I've read in your stick notes, you chose the Mini-14 due to it's similar wood and steel aesthetic, I've also saw you added a black polymer version of the rifle, do you plan on adding something similar to this new version or that would result in too much unnecessary work?

If I could snap my fingers and have that in there without needing to spend all the time needed to make it (or port the required pieces from somewhere, since matching them up to what I've already got is also a lot of work), I'd probably say yes. ;)

Too much other work to do though, unfortunately.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AA12s default base iron sight multiplier is 0.9 so like you said the vanilla default value for any shotgun.

So I'm thinking for FRAG 12 explosive rounds I could use MinConeDegrees and MaxConeDegrees to get the Min Angle and Max Angle to 0.3 and 0.6 along with getting the iron sight multiplier to 0.4, sounds pretty balanced.

0.3 and 0.6 sounds way too low - unless you mean 3 and 6? That seems like it would work.

Oh right the Aim Model Min and Max Angle uses solid non decimal numbers..oops lol..but yeah 3 and 6 respectively.

To make sure I'm understanding things right with that particular barrel OMOD with a MinConeDegrees and MaxConeDegrees of -0.5 bringing the Min Angle and Max Angle from 12 to 6, adding another OMOD with a MinConeDegrees value of -0.5 should bring the Min Angle from 6 to 3 right?

Edited by Shanzyboo

I'm guessing that depends on the default of such things for the base weapon itself in conjunction with what the OMOD/s adds/subtracts, if negative recoil has the muzzle jumping down each shot I don't think I want to see what negative spread does.

I'm also questioning though if there would be any point in further reducing the spread, the default aim model for the vanilla "assault rifle" is 4 and 8 respectively while the AA12 with this barrel would be at 6 and 6, I could use the MinConeDegrees to drop the Min Angle down an extra two points but would it actually matter and serve any purpose in doing so?

So does a SET value of a property take priority over an ADD/MUL+ADD value on the same property?

I forgot that the vanilla Combat Shotgun long barrel reduces the spread that much - it's got the same values.

Reducing the spread a little bit with slugs or FRAG-12 would probably still make sense I think, but it may be more important to significantly reduce the iron sights mult so that aiming down sights is actually noticeably more accurate with them.

Hey Antistar one quick question, I just saw a 2019 article about some improvements Ruger made to the Mini-14, now they have a polymer tactical model, similar to an EBR, the result is actually quite cool in my opinion:

(snip)

From what I've read in your stick notes, you chose the Mini-14 due to it's similar wood and steel aesthetic, I've also saw you added a black polymer version of the rifle, do you plan on adding something similar to this new version or that would result in too much unnecessary work?

If I could snap my fingers and have that in there without needing to spend all the time needed to make it (or port the required pieces from somewhere, since matching them up to what I've already got is also a lot of work), I'd probably say yes. :wink:

Too much other work to do though, unfortunately.

Makes sense, tks for answer!

Also, hows the shotgun frag modelling going?

Oh right the Aim Model Min and Max Angle uses solid non decimal numbers..oops lol..but yeah 3 and 6 respectively.

To make sure I'm understanding things right with that particular barrel OMOD with a MinConeDegrees and MaxConeDegrees of -0.5 bringing the Min Angle and Max Angle from 12 to 6, adding another OMOD with a MinConeDegrees value of -0.5 should bring the Min Angle from 6 to 3 right?

My understanding is that MUL+ADD always acts on the base value - it doesn't take other MUL+ADD operations into account - so using two of them with -0.5 would actually reduce it to zero.

So in this case you'd probably want to use -0.25 instead.

The art assets for 12 gauge ammo are all done. Earlier I'd wondered about re-using the FRAG-12 model/textures I made for WMX-ModernWeapons for FNV, but I ended up making a new one from scratch. It's not a very complicated model, and FO4 needs different textures to FNV, so I thought I may as well.

I've got all the nif files set up, so I'm up to the part where I need to make all the projectile, explosion, omod, etc records. For anyone curious, these are the ammo sub-types for 12 gauge in WARS:

- 12 Gauge (12 Ga)

--- 00 Buckshot (00 Shot)

--- Dragon's Breath (DRAG)

--- Flechette (FLCH)

--- FRAG-12

--- Magnum 00 Buckshot (Mag 00 Shot)

--- Pulse Slug (PLSE)

--- Radshot (RAD)

--- Slug

I'm thinking I'll probably use some of the fireworks effects from the Contraptions DLC for the Dragon's Breath rounds. ;)

Once it's all in and working, I imagine I'll show the shotgun stuff off in a video.

The AA12s default base iron sight multiplier is 0.9 so like you said the vanilla default value for any shotgun.

So I'm thinking for FRAG 12 explosive rounds I could use MinConeDegrees and MaxConeDegrees to get the Min Angle and Max Angle to 0.3 and 0.6 along with getting the iron sight multiplier to 0.4, sounds pretty balanced.

Btw I forgot to ask, you're working on an AA-12?

My understanding is that MUL+ADD always acts on the base value - it doesn't take other MUL+ADD operations into account - so using two of them with -0.5 would actually reduce it to zero.

The art assets for 12 gauge ammo are all done. Earlier I'd wondered about re-using the FRAG-12 model/textures I made for WMX-ModernWeapons for FNV, but I ended up making a new one from scratch. It's not a very complicated model, and FO4 needs different textures to FNV, so I thought I may as well.

I've got all the nif files set up, so I'm up to the part where I need to make all the projectile, explosion, omod, etc records. For anyone curious, these are the ammo sub-types for 12 gauge in WARS:

- 12 Gauge (12 Ga)

--- 00 Buckshot (00 Shot)

--- Dragon's Breath (DRAG)

--- Flechette (FLCH)

--- FRAG-12

--- Magnum 00 Buckshot (Mag 00 Shot)

--- Pulse Slug (PLSE)

--- Radshot (RAD)

--- Slug

I'm thinking I'll probably use some of the fireworks effects from the Contraptions DLC for the Dragon's Breath rounds. :wink:

Once it's all in and working, I imagine I'll show the shotgun stuff off in a video.

Thats great! Hopefully we may see some screenshots soon! :tongue:

I see, it's a good thing I sought your insight before doing than, could've been disastrous results lol. Luckily enough it seems (especially for my preferred modifications) that only the barrels effect MinConeDegrees and MaxConeDegrees, aside from some semi automatic receivers (I scoped out the OMODs to make sure.)

I'll be working on that one tomorrow I think..albeit come to think of it I've never successfully created an ammo type category for weapons before.

You created new models and textures for FRAG-12 from scratch instead?! Can't wait to see how those turned out.

Maybe you know already, but make sure to add the Shotgun keyword to your shotguns and if you want, heavy caliber weapons.

It adds death animations specific to being hit with shotguns. I.E. a very cool flying backward animation.

Some modders don't realize that Bethesda created unique anim sets for many weapons.

Haha, yeah - I was seeing a fair bit of that animation while doing some testing earlier. I've been careful to maintain keywords like that.

Actually, on that - and I can't remember if I've mentioned this in the thread before, because it's kind of technical and (ideally at least) shouldn't make any difference on the players' end:

The "replacer" weapons in WARS - the AR-15, Glock, Mini-14, USAS-12 and (effectively) the Thompson - aren't new weapon records that replace the Assault Rifle, Combat Rifle, etc in levelled lists and wherever else they spawn; they're the same weapons (and OMODs and everything else) altered into their new forms. So they have the same keywords, except for some that needed to come out for various reasons.

I did it this way because if you change the base weapon, you don't need to then track down and replace every instance of it placed in the game world, or in random containers or NPC inventories. The key consideration for me was that I didn't want to end up playing compatibility whack-a-mole with every mod I might want to use that potentially placed the "Assault Rifle" or "Combat Shotgun" or whatever somewhere. E.g. in a new area added by the mod.