[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Antistar you should create a discord channel, it would be cool from my point of view :-)

I'm actually kind of the shy and retiring type, so I've always avoided instant-messaging type programs. ;)

That said, I don't really know much about Discord. How do you see it being useful in this context?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antistar you should create a discord channel, it would be cool from my point of view :-)

I'm actually kind of the shy and retiring type, so I've always avoided instant-messaging type programs. :wink:

That said, I don't really know much about Discord. How do you see it being useful in this context?

I see it useful to have your server (channel) and go posting for example new features of your mod to give an example, you are obviously the admin of the channel and you can decide who enters or not (you can do it private or public, that's your decision) then you can put on your server different types of categories, for example ...
General:
WARS mod:
Pictures of weapons:
Suggestions:
Offtopic:
Pets:
and other things you want to put, also help a little in your shyness would be a good way to interact in a "quick" way with us, think that at all times you would be the boss of your server.
Sorry if I explained myself wrong, as I said on other occasions English is not my native language.
I think it's a good idea, and since you told me that you're a bit shy, it could also help you to remove that shyness by interacting with other people in an "instant" way
:thumbsup: :yes: :smile:
Edited by ZOMKILL

Well thanks for the suggestion; I'll keep it in mind, though to be honest I don't see it being necessary at the moment.

That is your decision and your criterion :thumbsup: :wink: :smile:

Immediately after the SA80 I'll probably add those three bayonets as melee weapons. (The M2, M7 and L3A1 bayonets.)

After that, I'm really kind of waiting on the AmmoTweaks update and a few animations. There's bound to be some random bits and pieces for me to work on in the meantime; I'll look through my notes. There's some documentation to do of course, including the tutorial on making third-party weapon mods play nicely with WARS. I won't be able to finish that tutorial until the AmmoTweaks integration is done since I'm sure that side of things will need to be covered as well, but there is a big chunk of it I could do now.

The big thing to do after the AmmoTweaks integration - or at least what I wanted to leave until afterwards - is weapon distribution; the levelled lists and whatnot. I didn't want to have to potentially redo a bunch of work once I have access to the new ammo types/variants in AmmoTweaks. However... soon I'll probably have a look over the vanilla levelled lists/NPCs/etc and start making plans. While I'm at it I'll assess if I can possibly do a bunch of the levelled list work ahead of the AmmoTweaks integration without having to redo too much of it later on.

I also want to have a look at how plausible it would be to have a kind of sliding scale where virtually any weapon could show up at any level, but higher tier weapons are much less likely at lower levels, and vice-versa. And of course there's the "everyone gets a finite ammo pool and a backup melee weapon" side of things to work out too.

Actually, while I'm talking about this, I may as well paste in this bit that's been hanging around in my notes for a while:

- Gunner weapon tiers: (Or something like "Ballistic, Well-equipped", used also by Diamond City guards, for example.)
1: Walther PPK, Double-Barrel Shotgun, Skorpion vz. 61
2: Glock, Thompson SMG
3: Mossberg 590, M700 Hunting Rifle, Mini-14, M79, M29 Revolver
4: AR-15, SA80, USAS-12, Marlin 1895G Guide Gun(?), China Lake
5: M107 AMR, Missile Launcher, Fatman(?)

- Minutemen weapon tiers:
Should heavily feature Laser Musket and Spadroon Sword.

- Raider weapon tiers: (Or something like "Ballistic, Makeshift", used also by settlers, for example.)
1: Pipe Pistol, Pipe Revolver
2: Pipe SMG, Pipe Semi-Auto Carbine/Rifle, Double-Barrel Shotgun
3: Volkssturmgewehr, Pipe Bolt-Action
4: Handmade AKM, M79
5: Makeshift AMR
*: Bosses get Gunner-equivalent weapons?

- Synth/Institute(?) weapon tiers:
1: IEW Pistol
2: IEW Rifle
3: IEW Auto
4: IEW Sniper, MPL Pistol
5: MPL Auto

I haven't been back to it to flesh out the remaining factions yet, obviously. E.g. the Minutemen (dunno yet, beyond what I have there), Brotherhood of Steel (Energy weapons) and Children of Atom (radiation weapons). The Triggermen too I suppose (SMGs for everybody!). If anyone wants to have a bash at what they think the various factions should get - or suggest groups I may have missed that they think should have a distinct set of weapons - go for it. :smile:

I think at least a few railroad members should carry the PPK, so the Deliverer just feels like some sort of upgrade to a weapon they use as standard. The Skorpion definitely, plus the Mac-10 if it gets in. And Remington 700s. Lightweight or long range, and quiet should be the theme.

Minutemen should have a low chance of weapons on the Raider list, and even lower from the gunners. Most should have the Laser Musket, of course, but there should be a possibility of others, since they're a group of citizen soldiers that would be bringing in what they've collected and scavenged.

Brotherhood could conceivably have some Gunner tier 4 and 5 stuff, but I can understanding keeping them as energy weapons only.

Speaking of energy weapons, will they have the same changes to modifications, like the damage tiers of receivers based on condition?

Hi antistar,

Here's my modest proposal for tiers:

**Gunner weapon tiers**

1: Walther PPK,Skorpion vz. 61
2: Glock or Glock Full auto w. large mag, 9mm Ar-15
3: Mossberg 590,Mini-14, M29 Revolver
4: 5.56 AR-15, SA80, USAS-12,, China Lake
5: M107 AMR, Missile Launcher, Minigun

My reasoning is that:

a)Recruits need good but not overpowered guns.
b)A full auto 10mm Glock or 9mm AR-15 is a good step up from that
c)Gunners should get China Lake not M79 (save that for another group, Mercenaries or raiders for example).

d)Gunners recognize somewhat standards in gun and ammo.

**Minutemen weapon tiers**
1-M29 Revolver, Hunting Rifle, Laser musket
2-Mossberg 590,
3-Volksturmgewehr
4-M79,MPL, , Marlin 1895G Guide Gun
5-Makeshift AMR,AKM

My reasoning is that:
a) the M29 is reliable weapon for beginners.
b) the Mp-44 is a rugged yet comparatively mass produced weapon.
c) MPL or MPK is a good SMG for a militia.

Also Makeshift AMR is very powerful weapon and a LOUD one at that. I am not a big fan of the laser musket BTW. Its iconic but not very good at major fights, IMHO. Nice to grab recruit.

** Raider weapon tiers**
1: Pipe Pistol, Pipe Revolver,Double-Barrel Shotgun
2: Pipe SMG, Pipe Semi-Auto Carbine/Rifle,
3: Pipe Bolt-Action, Mossberg 590
4: Handmade AKM, M79
5: Makeshift AMR
*: Bosses get Gunner-equivalent weapons?

Reasoning for this:

Hell, the're Raiders, forget logic -biggest dog gets biggest gun...

That's my shot at it.