⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't it more complicated to attach and remove a suppressor than simply twisting it on and off?

I guess it might depend on the weapon and suppressor in question? Some do just screw on and off - though I don't know if practically speaking there's usually other steps you'd want/have to take too. Other suppressor models are described as "quick detach" suppressors and snap on in a different way. In WARS for example the AR-15/Mini-14/SA80 suppressor and Barrett M107 suppressor are both described as quick detach suppressors and are designed to attach to a specific flash hider or muzzle brake (though I didn't bother modelling that dependency).

Hitman released animation replacers for a few guns and they only went up on nexus and not Beth.net but will they be released with this mod for Xbox? (sorry if this was sent twice)

The short answer is "maybe". For the long answer, check out the FAQ in the second post.

As for those releases of Hitman's specifically, I believe Hitman is open to people porting them to XB1... but don't take me as an authority on that.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't it more complicated to attach and remove a suppressor than simply twisting it on and off?

As antistar mentioned there are quick detach suppressors - it took me a while to figure out but I realised that some suppressors you see online for sale have QD in their name - quick detach or quick disconnect. Some of them simply screw on and off (have you tried screwing it on and off again huehue) and others have a bayonet method, similar to bayonet-type light bulbs or the M4A1 suppressor in CS 1.6

If it's a thread-on, you definitely want the suppressor to be tight so it doesn't walk itself off the end of the barrel over time. With proper tools I'd use a strap wrench and a crush washer to put one on but doing it by hand is definitely feasible. Some even have a nut built into the threaded end so you can use a normal wrench. As mentioned, QD ones do need a special muzzle device to lock onto, but these can be installed with an adjustable wrench.

As a short update: I'm currently working on incorporating the Thompson meshes sgtbarney kindly contributed. I'm tweaking/processing the models as required right now and will then need to texture them, of course. War Daddy seems keen on rounding out his right-handed SMG animation set with animations for the stick mags and vertical foregrip, which is great news.

This is all to replace the somewhat misshapen vanilla "Submachine Gun", obviously. As for why I'm doing it now rather than waiting until after the initial release of WARS like I'd planned to earlier; with War Daddy's animation set in place and the AmmoTweaks update not out yet, the timing is right. Also, well... not to mince words, but the vanilla SMG still being in there would have felt like a bit of a blight on the mod, to me. Or maybe "glaring omission" would be a better way to put it.

The upcoming long weekend promises to be busy because it's Easter and a friend is getting married and it's my birthday... but I'll still be working on this when I can. ;)

An MP5 is on my wish-list for the mod (as you can see in the OP), but it would be a new addition rather than a replacer for anything.

I think the iconic Tommy Gun fits Fallout perfectly and I want it in there; I just think that Bethsoft did a surprisingly poor job on it, so it needs to be replaced with better assets. (Better weapon mod options, too.)

"Is that an MP5? It is! Now I can solve up to eight hundred problems per minute!" -Gordon Freeman

If you implement an MP5,I'd love to see a Unique MP5 named The Freeman.

Yes,I am a Freeman's Mind fan. Why do you ask?

Edited by Moldy