⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

This is totally out there,but... Will it be possible to take the AR15 in WARS,and deck it out to resemble the C7,in use by the Canadian Armed Forces? I'm Canadian,and I have more than a little national zeal (Why is Canada nonexistent or an inconsequential footnote in literally all of fiction!?) It is a derivative of the AR15,so... Maybe? I dunno.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking all the new animations that Hitman has been showcasing for WARS. Looks pretty neat. Not really much of a fan of the Mini-14 using the Combat Rifle's sounds but unless you do plan to change those sounds, it's something that I can get used to. Didn't you say that you're going to implement a durability system for the weapons in the mod? This mod introducing the L85 intrigues me; especially since after I watched the L85 video on Forgotten Weapons. It makes me wonder on how you plan to have it perform in the mod.

I've said this before, but I'm leaving most of the weapons with vanilla fire sounds so that people can use whatever sound replacer they prefer. I use Commonwealth Warfare for example.

AmmoTweaks has a weapon durability framework and I'm planning to make use of that. The SA80/L85 will perform similarly to the AR-15, only with faster aim speed and worse recoil handling since it's a bull-pup. It will also have two sets of receivers; A1 and A2 receivers. The A2 receivers take higher ranks in Gun Nut to craft than their A1 equivalents, but will have increased durability. The A2 is also faster to reload since Hitman did separate animations for each; the A1 has the character whacking the magazine and bolt to make sure they're in properly.

Speaking of the SA80, anyway; I was just doing some subgraph stuff for that today as it happens, to get Hitman's new animations in for the vertical fore-grip and L22 barrel.

This is totally out there,but... Will it be possible to take the AR15 in WARS,and deck it out to resemble the C7,in use by the Canadian Armed Forces? I'm Canadian,and I have more than a little national zeal (Why is Canada nonexistent or an inconsequential footnote in literally all of fiction!?) It is a derivative of the AR15,so... Maybe? I dunno.

Well I think this is the classically understood reason...

Anyway I still don't know if I'm going to be having different skins for weapons in WARS, but if I did, some C7-green furniture for the AR-15 wouldn't be too hard. As it stands though I do already have the C79 sight in there.

Thanks guys - but re: a release date, please see the FAQ in the second post.

Still hard at work on the Thompson meshes. I found that a few parts needed some tweaking (e.g. the Cutts compensator and the standard fore-grip), but got a lot done today. Mostly there's just some minor tidying up to do and then the high-poly models will be finished. Then there's UV mapping and after that the texturing.

Yeah,I've learned to accept a "When it's done" mentality for modding projects. The only deadlines for these projects are self-imposed,and oh-so-vulnerable to slips. In the long run,it hurts your enjoyment of the product more in the long run to be constantly chomping for a release window; It builds up hype of your own imagining,which the product will very rarely live up to. Put it in the back of your mind,and check in regularly,expecting nothing.

That way,when it does release,you'll be surprised,enhancing your enjoyment out of the gate. And you'll save yourself the mild stress of asking yourself "When?",and asking the developer the same question.

I know this from personal experience; It's like shouting into a whirlwind.

Agreed. Anti, don't let anybody rush you. The awesome thing about modding is that authors can take the time to not half-ass their stuff. A studio has to release at some point and usually needs to cut some corners to be done by that time.

Thanks - and yeah, I'm trying to make something good and not, y'know, bad - so it takes a lot of work. ;)

Also, something I've mentioned a few times is that I haven't played FO4 since my first time after it just came out - so not any of the DLC or amazing mods that are around now - because I want WARS to be ready first. So for anyone really hanging out for WARS to be released; trust me, so am I.