[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

I didn't read through the entire thread, so forgive me if I repeat something that someone else had said. But I think it's possible for perks to control weapon recoil. Perks rely on keywords to apply their effects to weapons, so if you can figure out how to apply a modifier to FAimModelRecoilMaxDegPerShot, and FAimModelRecoilMaxDegPerShot, and other appropriate values; through the perk, it can totally be done.

But the question is whether or not that will be worth it, at least in terms of vanilla values. As far as I can tell, most vanilla weapons recoil mostly through animation rather than camera movement. And those two values I've listed control camera movement, but not animation movement.

The reason why I bring that up is because I've tinkered on a few mods and I have a Colt Python mod that I've tinkered on to alter the recoil, since it's a .357 it shouldn't recoil hardly at all. But even though I've sat the values to 0, the gun's animation still kicks like a mule in hand, but the camera doesn't flinch.

However, it could work if you increase the base recoil of each weapon. So if the player is using something powerful, like a large caliber pistol (Desert Eagle .50 for example); without the skills your recoil could have the player looking towards the ceiling. lol I'd believe it!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perks can use keywords to apply their effects to certain weapon types, but there doesn't seem to be an entry point that affects recoil, which is unfortunate. Very unfortunate. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something... but I don't think I am.

At this stage I'm wondering if I can use a script to swap out invisible, recoil-altering weapon mods based on what perks the wielder has - a bit like in mods that add ammo-type swapping. I need to look into it more; I don't even know how those ammo-swapping mods work yet; haven't had time to study them.

Anyway; animated recoil and camera recoil being separate things shouldn't be an issue - and I am almost certainly going to be altering the base recoil of weapons, yeah.

I didn't read through the entire thread, so forgive me if I repeat something that someone else had said. But I think it's possible for perks to control weapon recoil. Perks rely on keywords to apply their effects to weapons, so if you can figure out how to apply a modifier to FAimModelRecoilMaxDegPerShot, and FAimModelRecoilMaxDegPerShot, and other appropriate values; through the perk, it can totally be done.

But the question is whether or not that will be worth it, at least in terms of vanilla values. As far as I can tell, most vanilla weapons recoil mostly through animation rather than camera movement. And those two values I've listed control camera movement, but not animation movement.

The reason why I bring that up is because I've tinkered on a few mods and I have a Colt Python mod that I've tinkered on to alter the recoil, since it's a .357 it shouldn't recoil hardly at all. But even though I've sat the values to 0, the gun's animation still kicks like a mule in hand, but the camera doesn't flinch.

However, it could work if you increase the base recoil of each weapon. So if the player is using something powerful, like a large caliber pistol (Desert Eagle .50 for example); without the skills your recoil could have the player looking towards the ceiling. lol I'd believe it!

The recoil in the GECK/Xedit wont effect how the animation functions it would effect how the camera would move though which is how recoil in the game actually works since your not aiming on target as you fire the weapon due to the camera shifting up.

Here are some shots of the AR-15 in-game after I retextured it in Substance Painter. You can also see a micro-compensator I made (and the c-mag of course; don't think I've shown that in-game yet):

- AR-15 04

- AR-15 05

- AR-15 06

- AR-15 07

- AR-15 08

04 and 05 show the AR-15 in the "Patriot" configuration.

06 is a quick and dirty comparison between the smallest and largest configurations. (I should have removed the compensator in the first example to really sell it - and done this after I do the suppressor so I could put it on the second example.)

In 07 I was testing how the materials react to the light, and 08 just shows the weapon in first-person.

Well it's not going to be finished soon, but I am hard at work on it. Here are some more shots:

- AR-15 09

- AR-15 10

- AR-15 11

- AR-15 12

Newly added to the AR-15 is an EOTech holographic sight. This is Likon's model/textures with some changes by me, as usual. Also visible are some flip-up sights (also from Tigg's M16 and variants resource).

The flip-up sights are not just backup iron sights for use with other optics; you can use them on their own if you want. (They're considerably lighter than the standard carry handle/front sight combo.)

Edit: Ninjas!

Edited by antistar