[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also planning to remove HP scaling with level, which could result in even more bullet-sponginess in the early-game unless I do some fudging. It seems unlikely that I'll be doing a straight "conversion" of real-world muzzle energy values.

In other news, the Mossberg 590 textures are nearly finished; I should be able to show some images in the next day or two.

Instead of doing it yourself and adding it to the mod, you could direct players to Unbogus Health Ranges for that. It's a very well done mod, and since this is a weapon replacement mod you can end up with mod conflicts by adding the damage scaling into it.

Also, how are we doing on progress, what's left? I've been away from the FO4 community for a while so I didn't keep up with your progress. Although you seem to be doing very well, congrats ^^

Thanks everyone. :) (New images on the previous page, for anyone who missed them.)

Instead of doing it yourself and adding it to the mod, you could direct players to Unbogus Health Ranges for that. It's a very well done mod, and since this is a weapon replacement mod you can end up with mod conflicts by adding the damage scaling into it.

Also, how are we doing on progress, what's left? I've been away from the FO4 community for a while so I didn't keep up with your progress. Although you seem to be doing very well, congrats ^^

Well no, WARS is a combat overhaul; replacing weapons is just one of the things it does. It's going to conflict all over the place (or, to look at it another way, other mods will conflict with WARS all over the place), as that's part and parcel of being an overhaul.

I've actually already removed HP scaling with level - did that weeks or months ago since it was pretty quick. I've got the various "Unbogus" mods in my reference folder though, so I'll probably have a look at how Unbogus Health Ranges is put together when it comes time to do all the stats and whatnot in earnest.

Speaking of which, that's one of the things that's left to do; a lot of CK monkey-work. Before that though I need to get the Mossberg in-game, then merge in the M79 and China Lake grenade launchers, plus the Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle. After that I just want to port the Barrett M82 (and maybe quickly fix up the Radium Rifle so it's a Volkssturmgewehr), then do all the CK work, and then do the initial release of WARS.

I was thinking ..., in total the replacement of the weapons how many? there are many weapons in fallout

By the way if your mod out of payment as bethesda intended with its policy of payment mods, it would be worth more than the game itself, as always continue with your excellent work

We already have a nice volkswagen gun here on nexus you have seen it right? You can always add more guns later and we have some barretts on nexus too. The main features of your mod for me are custom animations and the different way to swtich between gun and grenade launcher.

EDIT

I was just thinking if you want to do a badass gun try making an M60 or an M240/249 and I know that many people including wardaddy have said there is no bone to animate the cover plate that raises up during the reload but if you check the gauss rifle bones there is one bone there for that plate that raises up during reload maybe that can be used? just have to use the gauss rifle setup instead of combat rifle or something else that most people use.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

Thanks guys. :)

I was thinking ..., in total the replacement of the weapons how many? there are many weapons in fallout

At this stage it's still as it says in the OP; four vanilla weapons replaced by new ones. Maybe five if I end up replacing semi/auto pipe guns with a Sten Gun. Other vanilla weapons will be changed and/or added to - e.g. changing the improbably left-handed weapons to be right-handed. Maybe some new weapon mods added for some of them; e.g. the .44 Magnum Revolver.

We already have a nice volkswagen gun here on nexus you have seen it right? You can always add more guns later and we have some barretts on nexus too. The main features of your mod for me are custom animations and the different way to swtich between gun and grenade launcher.

EDIT

I was just thinking if you want to do a badass gun try making an M60 or an M240/249 and I know that many people including wardaddy have said there is no bone to animate the cover plate that raises up during the reload but if you check the gauss rifle bones there is one bone there for that plate that raises up during reload maybe that can be used? just have to use the gauss rifle setup instead of combat rifle or something else that most people use.

You mean this one? It has some problems unfortunately, and I'll be implementing things differently with it in any case. For the Barrett M82 I'll be porting SYN's gorgeous resource.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Gauss Rifle reload back when the game came out was an LMG cover plate. The problem with animating a typical LMG in FO4 is more with having enough bones for the ammo belt, since it's non-rigid. Hitman mentioned having some ideas that may work there, but something like an M60 or M249 is pretty complicated to model, so it would take a pretty good resource popping up for me to even consider it. There's just so much other work to do.

If it's any consolation, stick a beta c-mag on the AR-15 (or Mini-14 or SA80) and you've just about got an LMG there anyway. ;)

I know you said you wouldn't really be focusing on energy weapons. However,there is one that I think would fit into the purview of WARS. The Flamer.

To those of you that don't use it (And I don't blame you),the thing's default form has a workable maximum reach,but rather poor damage. Further,its damage is dealt as energy damage,rather than as fire damage (Which is supported by the engine!),so it can't even do what it should; Roast people alive in their armour. You don't need perks to upgrade it,which can be seen as a bonus,and its ammo supply is fluffed up as its propellant tank,while the fuel tank is either some undisclosed flamer fuel,or napalm. Lengthening the barrel increases reach,though not by an appreciable amount. The nozzle is your primary damage source,and each damage upgrade slashes your (already preciously tiny) reach,to the point that the Vaporizing Nozzle reduces your reach to that of a melee weapon. Oh,and an upgraded Flamer weighs somewhere around 35 units. As a heavy weapon,I can accept this,if it weren't for the fact that the Flamer is a hot load of junk.

Maybe WARS can improve the Flamer,in a similar way that the Unbogus mods did. Maybe add a mod to it (Or a unique variant with a unique part) that converts it into an Incinerator. Video game flamethrowers shouldn't suck. They should be awesome... In the Biblical sense.

I can't remember if it was the Unbogus mod/s or another one, but I remember seeing a mod that made the flamer an actual flame thrower rather than a flame breather, giving it a ballistic arc. Pretty sure I've got that saved in my reference folder somewhere, so it's something I'm thinking about.

Making it do Fire rather than Energy damage makes sense I think, but if I did that I'd probably want it to be accompanied by giving armour/clothes appropriate Fire Resistance values. Like... all the armour/clothes, which I'd likely do in PEACE rather than WARS. So if that happens it probably won't be for a while.

So... I think it's plain as day that this mod would benefit from keypress detection support for custom hotkeys,yes?

I think the MCM will help.

Press a button to use underbarrel weapons. Press another to switch ammo types. And another to flick your tactical laser on and off. I'd imagine the MCM would be better for setting custom keybinds than mucking with an .INI file,yes?