[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Quick question: do you have any plans of rebalancing the player level requirements in the leveled lists, or will they stay roughly the same? I recently completely overhauled them in my own game after starting a new playthrough because some of them are just ridiculously high. A lot of common, low tier weapons won't start spawning until after level 20, and high tier assault rifles and such won't spawn until 30+. I feel like Fallout 3 and New Vegas had much better level scaling in this regard; I could get a Chinese Assault Rifle in 3 or a Service Rifle in NV near the beginning of the game, but in Fallout 4 they're basically end game weapons.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modern firearms is still fun and at some point I imagine it could be cut down to just the guns that are not replaced by wars mod like ATG or KWK or that vulcan minigun and don't forget about m249 or m60. Would be nice to see wars mod have special parts required to make or upgrade guns like modern firearms does instead of just making things out of junk. Maybe also make the parts out of junk then make or upgrade the guns like a special workbench for parts making or just do a vending machine like they did.

I've mentioned before that I also find that it doesn't feel quite right to ostensibly be crafting precision gun parts out of bottles, cans and desk fans... but the scavenging/breakdown/crafting loop is such an important part of FO4 that I'd hesitate to remove it for weapons. I don't think a vending machine for weapons or weapon parts makes sense, so I won't be doing that. And the game already has a special workbench for crafting weapon parts. ;) It's just that you're crafting them and then immediately attaching them - or simply attaching them if you've found/made one earlier.

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to mention for a while, though. I forgot to mention it in the OP, but I've always been considering adding solder as a crafting material - to be used instead of adhesive when crafting things that are mainly/entirely metal. (E.g. many weapon mods.) Besides getting it from breaking down things like circuit boards, you'd probably craft it from a couple of other metals. Lead and copper maybe? (Since there's no tin.)

I'm not sure about that yet, though. What do people think about it?

I saw on the first page that you considering changing the 5mm into a low power bulk round. I renamed the 5mm into 7.62x51 and upped the damage comparable to the .308 round. Yes, it means you get super overpowered gun early on, but it is a minigun afterall and a bullet hose. A weak mingun is just something I couldn't handle.

I am still probably going to do this - and likely still by changing 5mm to a "bulk" .308 round, since you'll also be able to switch to using normal .308 ammo types (via AmmoTweaks). Weapons that normally use .308 would also be able to use this bulk round. The idea being that you'd possibly find more of the bulk type, but it would be less powerful and less accurate.

I asked after a Masterkey a while ago,and you said it would be too much of a headache to implement. But... You already have the framework in place to implement it,at least as a weapon attached to another one. All you'd need to do is co-opt the code that makes the M203 work. It wouldn't function as a door breacher,not without (somehow) attaching the Unlock command to the pellets,but you'd have a weapon that works as an underbarrel shotgun. You'd likely be able to co-opt the Mossberg animations,too.

Just a thought.

Hitman's pump-shotgun animations (and by extension the nif files) use the Hunting Rifle bone structure as a base, while the AR-15 animations use the SMG structure - so I'm not sure that copying them across would be possible. Even if it is, a cut-down under-barrel shotgun would be held and operated differently to a normal pump-action, so it would most likely need new animations anyway.

The real-world Masterkey is based on the Remington M870 rather than a Mossberg 500/590/whatever, but for the purposes of WARS that's not too big a deal, really. I could adapt what I've got for the Mossberg to it without too much trouble. Still some extra work there; it's definitely not a straight copy-paste.

Having an under-barrel shotgun on the AR-15 would be great, though - so that's not a "no", it's a "possibly; we'll see".

On the door-breaching stuff; I doubt I'd do that in WARS. I think there's a mod out there that lets you shoot locks open that might be a good one to slot in if you want that. Who knows - maybe it even gives shotguns a bonus chance to unlock something.

Quick question: do you have any plans of rebalancing the player level requirements in the leveled lists, or will they stay roughly the same? I recently completely overhauled them in my own game after starting a new playthrough because some of them are just ridiculously high. A lot of common, low tier weapons won't start spawning until after level 20, and high tier assault rifles and such won't spawn until 30+. I feel like Fallout 3 and New Vegas had much better level scaling in this regard; I could get a Chinese Assault Rifle in 3 or a Service Rifle in NV near the beginning of the game, but in Fallout 4 they're basically end game weapons.

I'll be shuffling things around a bit, but I don't know that I'll be reducing level requirements overall. You level up pretty quickly in FO4. Something like the Combat Shotgun/USAS-12 may even have its level requirements increased, since I'm adding the Mossberg 590 in as an intermediary between the Double-Barrel Shotgun and Combat Shotgun. We'll see when I get there, though.

I've mentioned before that I also find that it doesn't feel quite right to ostensibly be crafting precision gun parts out of bottles, cans and desk fans... but the scavenging/breakdown/crafting loop is such an important part of FO4 that I'd hesitate to remove it for weapons. I don't think a vending machine for weapons or weapon parts makes sense, so I won't be doing that. And the game already has a special workbench for crafting weapon parts. :wink: It's just that you're crafting them and then immediately attaching them - or simply attaching them if you've found/made one earlier.

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to mention for a while, though. I forgot to mention it in the OP, but I've always been considering adding solder as a crafting material - to be used instead of adhesive when crafting things that are mainly/entirely metal. (E.g. many weapon mods.) Besides getting it from breaking down things like circuit boards, you'd probably craft it from a couple of other metals. Lead and copper maybe? (Since there's no tin.)

I'm not sure about that yet, though. What do people think about it?

I'll be shuffling things around a bit, but I don't know that I'll be reducing level requirements overall. You level up pretty quickly in FO4. Something like the Combat Shotgun/USAS-12 may even have its level requirements increased, since I'm adding the Mossberg 590 in as an intermediary between the Double-Barrel Shotgun and Combat Shotgun. We'll see when I get there, though.

On the solder idea, sure why not? As to increasing level requirements for the USAS-12, I'm against that idea, I don't want to wait any longer than I already have to to be able to use it. It's your mod and your call, though. But if you increase it, I will go into XEdit and lower it to suit my tastes anyways. :tongue:

Edited by TheCourier13

I thought for a moment there that you meant there was an unused "tin" component in the game files. ;)

I guess I could introduce a tin component as well and have the "tin" in "tin cans" be literal rather than referring to what they used to be made of. It'd sort of fit the Fallout universe.

Really this (solder, tin, brass, etc) is the sort of thing I was thinking of for Craft Master, as mentioned in the second post. I'm not sure about doing that anymore though; I don't know that there's much demand for it, and it would just add another required master for WARS...

Hi antistar, I wanted to comment on one thing, the sounds, I have noticed that in other real weapons like the Steyr AUG, EL RU556 and AK 74, they all have the same sound, you will put sounds for the different weapons without they sound all the same?

So far there are some new sounds, but since I've mostly been doing replacers until now, they're mostly using the same fire sounds as in vanilla. This means that people can use existing sound replacers if they want to (and I do, myself).

The only doubling up of fire sounds so far is the SA80 using the same ones as the AR-15 - since they're both 5.56x45mm assault rifles. The Mini-14 has different fire sounds, but that's because it uses the Combat Rifle sounds, of course.

So far there are some new sounds, but since I've mostly been doing replacers until now, they're mostly using the same fire sounds as in vanilla. This means that people can use existing sound replacers if they want to (and I do, myself).

The only doubling up of fire sounds so far is the SA80 using the same ones as the AR-15 - since they're both 5.56x45mm assault rifles. The Mini-14 has different fire sounds, but that's because it uses the Combat Rifle sounds, of course.

pls release standalone m16m203))))

I believe Antistar said that he will not be releasing any weapon in WARS as a standalone,due to not wanting to have to keep up with maintaining what is essentially multiple versions of the same thing.

I believe Antistar said that he will not be releasing any weapon in WARS as a standalone,due to not wanting to have to keep up with maintaining what is essentially multiple versions of the same thing.

Just he first had to lay out the mozh with the declared list of weapons, rather than adding new ones and delaying the work, he simply spat at all who are waiting for the mod

Edited by Wesseriy