[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Pirate gun! Pirate gun! Pirate gun!

My buddies and I have this headcanon that the COA found some blueprints of the VStG in some pre-war survivalist's book collection, or maybe it's sold cheap for home defense and hunting so the design proliferated after the war, but Bethesda's canon explanation really doesn't make sense.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey antistar, the latest updates are looking great - as always. :tongue:

From what I can gather, the SA80 is now definitely going to be making an appearance in WARS, correct? If so, will it be in the initial release or is it something for down the road?

From your 'maybe' list, is the BAR still a strong possibility? I know there's been talk about the problems of implementing belt-fed LMGs, but I think if done right, considering their power and range, a mag-fed LMG, i.e. something like the BAR, is more than adequate. I mean, twenty shots from something like that should be more than enough!

Edited by crawe1x

How it's compability with weaponsmith extended?

In a word: unlikely.

Weaponsmith Extended is an absolutely gigantic collection of weapons, and I'm afraid that from what I've seen, it's a case of quantity over quality. Part of that I think is from it including a lot of the weapons that came out early on in FO4's life - i.e. a lot of quick and dirty ports before the tools and knowledge were really there to do better.

To be honest (and sorry to say this), I don't want to use that mod, and that's just as well because making a compatibility patch for it would take forever.

Hey antistar, the latest updates are looking great - as always. :tongue:

From what I can gather, the SA80 is now definitely going to be making an appearance in WARS, correct? If so, will it be in the initial release or is it something for down the road?

From your 'maybe' list, is the BAR still a strong possibility? I know there's been talk about the problems of implementing belt-fed LMGs, but I think if done right, considering their power and range, a mag-fed LMG, i.e. something like the BAR, is more than adequate. I mean, twenty shots from something like that should be more than enough!

This could change - especially considering that Hitman's already done most of the animations I think - but the current plan is for the SA80 to be one of the first weapons implemented after the initial release. It's just that I need to do some assets from scratch for things like the L22 and L86 barrels.

I am keen on getting a BAR in there, but I'm not sure when it would be. Besides the SA80, other weapons I want to get in relatively soon after the initial release are the .223 Pistol, Tommy Gun, Skorpion vz. 61 and M1911.

This could change - especially considering that Hitman's already done most of the animations I think - but the current plan is for the SA80 to be one of the first weapons implemented after the initial release. It's just that I need to do some assets from scratch for things like the L22 and L86 barrels.

I am keen on getting a BAR in there, but I'm not sure when it would be. Besides the SA80, other weapons I want to get in relatively soon after the initial release are the .223 Pistol, Tommy Gun, Skorpion vz. 61 and M1911.

Sounds good! Really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Consider that I've been doing mostly rifles and shotguns so far. :wink:

I hadn't really gone and counted all these, looking for some kind of balance, but there are a decent number of assault rifles (or similar) now - the AR-15, Mini-14, Handmade AKM, VG 1-5, SA80 when I get to it - but not a lot of pistols or SMGs, like you said. The Tommy Gun mentioned is the vanilla SMG (with new meshes and textures and given its proper name), so there's one extra SMG there in the Skorpion. That one's partially to have another weapon using .32 ACP besides the Walther PPK (i.e Deliverer plus the non-unique version of it I'll add), and partially just because I like it.

With handguns I guess it's not so bad; the Glock, Walther PPK, S&W M29. (Oh... plus the pipe weapons, I suppose.) The .223 Pistol is a must in my mind, given its history in the Fallout series, plus the heavy Blade Runner references in FO4. It's also hard to imagine a real-world pistol that better fits the Fallout setting than an M1911. (Plus I'm keen to make it possible to configure it like the iconic Longslide from The Terminator. I already have the LPC laser sight for a reason. :wink:)

Hi Antistar,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (or a corrupted media file for the younger crowd), you mod is moving along in a timely fashion. Your latest work - the M79- looks great. It is already part of my regular gear in my game load out and I am looking forward to your version of it. The reflex sight is a nice touch.

Will it work with different grenade types like the original mod? Or will you implement your own system/addon for ammo for this weapon?

Rock on!

Thanks - I can't take the credit for the M79 assets though of course; the main thing I did there was chop it up to get the more true-to-life cut-down version of it.

Along with basically everything else in WARS, it will use AmmoTweaks to enable switching between different ammo types, via hotkey.

So, your mod is closing on it's 1 year WIP anniversary, do you have any idea when the mod will be available? I'm not saying it to pressure you or anything since you have done loads of work already, but because I'm going to take a break from FO4, but I would come back just for this mod. That's why I'm asking. Cheers for your work and keep it coming :D