Game deleted my save

Levantinium

I just had the unpleasant surprise of coming back after several hours worth of playing to find my save file had been completely wiped. I did not delete it. I saved while in Vault 75, and came back a day later and it's not there.

What could cause this?

I had about 6 save files in my folder, so I don't expect bloat to be the cause. I have hundreds of GB of space on my SSD. I didn't accidentally delete it.

• 2 weeks later...

This has happened again. This time, however, the saves are deleted as soon as I launch the game. Everything in the saves folder will just completely go missing, not even in the recycle bin.

Here is my mod list.

*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*FAR.esp
*killmove-100.esp
*CustWeapNames.esp
*DOOMThatGun.esp
*M14.esp
*m16servicerifle.esp
*Yona_Weapon_DefenseGun.esp
*No Seeker Boulders.esp
*VatsOverThere_IncreasedVATSRange_AimIncreaseHigh.esp
*LegendarySpawnNormalQuarter.esp
*NoCraftingExperienceAutomatron.esp
*3PercentBase.esp
*yace_LevelCap50.esp
*No Mess.esp
*Quieter Settlements - Recommended Settings.esp
*PowerWaterCustom.esp
*SettlementAttacksBeyond.esp
*SettlementAttacksBeyondFH.esp
*No More Sanctuary Dead Dog and Raider - They never existed 1.1.esp
*SanctFixedBridge.esp
*IMG_Castle_Wall_Patches.esp
*Scrap Everything - Core.esp

This time I only had 2 save files in my folder, and I made sure not to ever quicksave or load the exit save, and I never saved over a file. I would just create a new save each time and then delete after I saved again successfully.

Does anyone know what causes this?

I'm running on Windows 10 x64 with an i7 and a GTX 980. I have an SSD with about 300GB of free space left. 16GB of RAM. I don't get CTDs, but for some reason this is happening. I'm running on 1.8.7 with the 11/14/16 version of UFO4P, and my Nvidia driver was updated yesterday.

Is Steam the cause, perhaps?

I remember hearing that mods downloaded onto consoles from Bethnet could corrupt save files, but I download all my mods from Nexus and install manually following the guide on manual installs. The only Bethnet mod I have is the M16 Service Rifle, but I made sure to download the PC version. I'm also suspecting it could be the Castle Wall Patches mod, but I thought that one only corrupted save files on Xbox back when that mod was stolen and uploaded to Bethnet.

This sucks.

Edited by Levantinium

What about the exit save? Gone too?

Have you tried setting invisible files to visible? When something happens tothe extension of a file and Windows doesn't know what to do (in the presumption you use Windows) then it creates a "Found" folder to add the "unknown" file. But that Found folder is default set to invisible...

What about the exit save? Gone too?

Have you tried setting invisible files to visible? When something happens tothe extension of a file and Windows doesn't know what to do (in the presumption you use Windows) then it creates a "Found" folder to add the "unknown" file. But that Found folder is default set to invisible...

Exit save remained. I'm just curious why the game is deleting any save I manually put into the saves folder, and deleting my saves when I exit the game. I'm thinking it's either a steam cloud sync issue or a mod has ninja survival mode on or something. But I don't see anyone else having the same types of problems with the mods that I have installed.

I currently have all files and folders to be visible.