Skyrim and modding; about to give up after about twenty hours...

SDRE

I need help. I was excited to play Skyrim again after many years. I had only played through the game once before (MQ) and found it a terrible game but a good 'experience'. I was hoping that mods would actually make it a good 'game' as well. Well, there seem to be a lot of mods out that cater to my needs and I decided to jump into the project of modding Skyrim. Jeez, it's a lot of work, especially when you go into it without any knowledge.
Anyway, I got my 127 plugins running in the end, LOOT is reporting back absolutely no errors.
I used the following software and methodology:
1.) Mod Organizer to manage mods.
2.) Latest SKSE installed.
3.) Used TES5Edit to clean the recommended base game files (Update.esm, dragonborn.esm etc). Continued to clean all mods that LOOT gave warnings about.
4.) Used LOOT to organized mod order and then use Mod Organizer to organize the order again (the triangle warning symbol pops up with potential mod order problems after running LOOT sort).
5.) Ran the Patchus Maximus java program to create that .esp patch as well. 6.) Installed any other compatibility patches I could find that were relevant for my mods.
Even after all this (and starting from scratch once) my game is now experiencing CTDs. I had a few CTD's in the first 4 hours of playing but not much. Now, however, after doing a bounty mission from Riften I keep crashing constantly when loading into Riften and also (when I actually manage to load into Riften) when trying to enter Mistveil keep for the reward. I will post my Mod Load Order below and I would like some input on what are the easiest steps for me to fix my CTDs?
I'm sure some of you more experienced modders will be able to glance a few possible mod incompatibility issues or issues in general with the combination of mods I have running. If removing a few mods will make the game stable I'd be willing to do that.
I've spent roughly 20 hours trying to configure this however and perhaps only 10 actually playing the game and the frustration is getting to me.
The only step I could think of moving forward with is WryeBash. But I genuinely don't quite understand what that actually does or why it would help make my game stable. Is this the direction I should be going?
Thank you for any insight you might have!

0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
6 6 SPIKE.esm
7 7 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
8 8 Campfire.esm
9 9 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
10 a HighResTexturePack01.esp
11 b HighResTexturePack02.esp
12 c HighResTexturePack03.esp
13 d Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
14 e fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
15 f Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
16 10 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
17 11 AHZmoreHUD.esp
18 12 Extended UI.esp
19 13 iHUD.esp
20 14 SkyUI.esp
21 15 HelmetToggle.esp
22 16 dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
23 17 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
24 18 Character Creation Overhaul.esp
25 19 CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
26 1a CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
27 1b CCO - Oblivion Carry Weights.esp
28 1c RaceMenu.esp
29 1d RaceMenuPlugin.esp
30 1e SimplyKnock.esp
31 1f Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
32 20 3DNPC.esp
33 21 Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
34 22 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
35 23 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
36 24 Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
37 25 Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
38 26 Rebirth Monster.esp
39 27 Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp
40 28 Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
41 29 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
42 2a SoS - The Wilds.esp
43 2b SoS - Civilization.esp
44 2c OBIS.esp
45 2d Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
46 2e SoS - The Dungeons.esp
47 2f SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
48 30 Combat Evolved.esp
49 31 Immersive Weapons.esp
50 32 WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
51 33 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
52 34 Point The Way.esp
53 35 VVE.esp
54 36 RealisticWaterTwo.esp
55 37 Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
56 38 TheChoiceIsYours.esp
57 39 RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
58 3a PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
59 3b PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
60 3c SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors.esp
61 3d SMIM-Merged-All.esp
62 3e Immersive Patrols II.esp
63 3f Frostfall.esp
64 40 CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp
65 41 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
66 42 PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
67 43 Pre PaMa SiC Patch.esp
68 44 Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp
69 45 TradeRoutes.esp
70 46 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
71 47 Equipping Overhaul.esp
72 48 PerMa Mage Defluffed.esp
73 49 PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
74 4a PerMa Thief Defluffed.esp
75 4b PerMa Warrior Defluffed.esp
76 4c DeadlyCombat.esp
77 4d Rebirth Monster - OBIS Patch.esp
78 4e High Level Enemies.esp
79 4f Rebirth Monster - USLEEP Patch.esp
80 50 OBISDB.esp
81 51 Rebirth Monster - High Level Enemies Patch.esp
82 52 Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp
83 53 High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
84 54 High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
85 55 Scarcity - 10x Loot Rarity.esp
86 56 Scarcity - 10x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
87 57 Scarcity - 2x Loot Rarity.esp
88 58 Scarcity - 2x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
89 59 Scarcity - 4x Loot Rarity.esp
90 5a Scarcity - 4x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
91 5b Scarcity - 6x Loot Rarity.esp
92 5c Scarcity - 6x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
93 5d Scarcity - 8x Loot Rarity.esp
94 5e Scarcity - 8x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
95 5f TradeBarter.esp
96 60 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
97 61 dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
98 62 1nivWICCloaks.esp
99 63 Footprints.esp
100 64 WetandCold.esp
101 65 WetandCold - Ashes.esp
102 66 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
103 67 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
104 68 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
105 69 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp
106 6a Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
107 6b Convenient Horses.esp
108 6c RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
109 6d SFO - Dragonborn.esp
110 6e DeadlyDragons.esp
111 6f PerMa_USLEEP master patch.esp
112 70 Rebirth Monster - Clothing & Clutter Fixes Patch.esp
113 71 Rebirth Monster - Immersive Weapons Patch.esp
114 72 Rebirth Monster - OBISDB Patch.esp
115 73 Rebirth Monster - WAFR Patch.esp
116 74 SoS - Civilization-PatchCoT.esp
117 75 SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMinorCities.esp
118 76 SoS - The Wilds-PatchCoT.esp
119 77 SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeons.esp
120 78 SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors.esp
121 79 Open Cities Skyrim.esp
122 7a Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
123 7b OCS - 3DNPC.esp
124 7c Pre PaMa CCOR Patch.esp
125 7d Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp
126 7e Pre PaMa CCF Patch.esp
127 7f PatchusMaximus.esp

Wrye Bash is used to make a bashed patch, which, as I understand it, is basically just used for merging levelled lists. This is useful when you have multiple mods that add items to leveled lists such as weapons, armour or spellbooks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/beginners_guide is the guide that I followed when setting up my Skyrim (I'm fairly new to modding too) and it has a good explanation of what Wrye Bash does and how to set it up. It also explains Merged Patches using TES5 Edit, which is another thing often recommended to use.

Heck I have been at it for more than a month off and on. Your best bets are to visit these pages and follow along, even if you do not want to follow all steps they have great advice.

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

attachicon.gifScreenshot_6.png

Can some one please help me with my mod order I have no clue whats wrong (new at this) tips would be welcomed please and thank you

Don't hijack this guy's topic. That's incredibly rude.

As far as the OP goes, the first thing I would recommend is Crash Fixes. If your crashes are memory related and your machine is good enough to run your mods, then this mod will allow Skyrim to use your machine's memory instead of capping it at the engine's 3.1GB limit. That's a really short and bare explanation of what it does. Basically, it eliminates crashes due to the game requiring more memory than it is allowed to use. Read his explanation on the page before you install it.

Secondly, it does not look like you have a TES5Edit Merged Patch or a Wrye Bash Bashed Patch down there. It's been a long time since I used Perkus Maximus, so I cannot recall if, like Requeim, the mod author does not want either of those two used (I use edited versions of both anyway with Requiem, so it's not a gamebreaking issue at least). If I recall, you can use the Merged Patch at least with Perkus Maximus. I would check to see the mod author's policy to confirm, but I would create one immediately for those mods.

Thirdly, it looks like you have multiple .esps activated for Scarcity that deal with leveled lists. I do not have that mod, but it looks like you should only have one of those active as they look like multiple separate options for leveled lists. Check on that and make sure that you only need one.

Fourth, I can see a couple of patches that are loaded before their respective mods. You have an OBIS patch, for instance, that's loading before OBIS. You also have multiple mods that affect creature spawns, such as SkyTEST, Immersive Creatures, EncounterZones, Immersive Patrols, and maybe a few others that I missed. Anytime that many mods are modifying the same set of variables (in this case, spawns, which can trigger crashes similar to what you've described) you increase your random crashes a lot. Go through each one and make sure they are all compatible and that you have any necessary patches.

Fifth, your load order itself looks kind of out of whack. Are you sure you sorted it with LOOT before going back through it? You have some .esps loaded way up in the load order, and their patches in the middle. Are you sure they are all where they need to be? Usually big mods will have something under the instructions saying "make sure to load this .esp last or by the bottom" or "make sure this .esp loads first or towards the top" or sometimes "this mod is compatible with [x], but make sure it loads afterward."

I hope this helps some, good luck with your mods and come back with any questions!