HD died and now I don't know the plugins/mods that were being used in a specific save

Biamcs2000

So, I have fallout 4 on both my laptop and my desktop. It's been a while that I haven't used my desktop, and I use the same save on both computers. Thing is, my laptop's HD just burned and I lost everything, and since I had a tons of mods there that I haven't downloaded on my desktop yet, I can't seem to play it anymore. I didn't have a backup, so how do i check the plugins list/load order in a save? Is it possible? Also, I've been trying to replicate it based on my nexus download history but it when I try to open the save (even after the missing content message) or start a new game it crashes. Please help? I had 10 days in that save :sad:

if you have a recent save of your game you can use mod organizer to view what plugins were active at the time just by going to the save game tab.

even if you don't mod your game with it it's super handy for this.

i'd suggest getting the latest MO 64 bit (not the one on the skyrim nexus, but rather this one https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases)

also looking at your recent d/l history will help find the mods you need for the plugins

hope this helps. good luck!

There's also a Fallout 4 Save Editor (that you'll have to Google for a link to).

If you open a save file with it, there will be an expandable tab on the left that will list plugins that were active for that file.