Bethesda's voice acting

JanusForbeare

Hadvar's (Jonas Fisch) voice gets on my nerves...so does that of Mercer [and every other character with that voice] and Farengar. Vex (Kari Wahlgren) is also irritating.

I really liked Tullius, Esbern, Alduin (Daniel Riordan), Paarthurnax (Charles Martinet), and Odahviing (Charles Dennis). Each of those characters were voiced very well. I also agree that whoever did Olfrid Battle-Born's voice is awesome. When I heard him, the first thing I thought of was a pirate. :P

I think the voices I love the most are those of Brynjolf (Robin Atkin Downes) and Delvin Mallory (Enn Reitel). :D

And, I must admit, whoever voices some of the female Nords [like Mjoll the Lioness] can sure roll her 'r's well. ;D

By the way, does anyone remember Jean Gilpin (Elenwen, Meridia, and Boethiah) as Amanra from Age of Mythology? Her voice is very unique.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Hogan (Tullius) is a great voice actor, I agree. Except now that I've watched Battlestar: Gallactica, I always picture him yelling about Cylons. :rolleyes:

Also, Vladimir Kulich did a fine job voicing Ulfric Stormcloak. He actually sounded... well, human!

So far I haven't heard Catherine Flye (Imperial female in Oblivion). Her voice acting just always seemed out of character. As well as Linda Kenyon (Female Dunmer, Bosmer, and High Elve), she was always over dramatic.

Also, there aren't 500 Jauffre voices running around like in Oblivion.

THE UGLY

-Most of the "staple" voice actors (ie. the ones we all know and loathe from Oblivion) still don't grasp the concepts of sincerity or context. Consider the Blades, who apparently undergo partial lobotomies after taking their oaths. I never heard one of their number who didn't say, "By my honour, I pledge to rid Tamriel of dragons." like an announcer on a late-night infomercial.

Why o why did they have to use many of the same people, again, that were already making me want to rip my nails out in oblivion. There is one in particular. I looked him up. It's Craig Sechler. He does the voice of Peryite and a bunch of others. I detest his voice so much I always mute his speech. Don't want to hear him. Cannot bear it anymore. There's another one from oblivion (did guards there) who is almost as annoying, haven't identified him yet.

Seriously, why the same people Bethesda? They weren't very good to begin with. :confused:

I saw a mudcrab the other day...

Most of the voice acting is pretty tolerable. I can even put up with Lydia if I have to, but the repetitive nature of the conversation among the most common 2-3 VA's is what puts me off. Especially vendors. I wish that the higher your speechcraft, the more license you have to be rude. Get to the point already I just want to dump this junk in your store.

I keep Cosnach as a follower because at least nobody else says the same phrases he does, and he doesn't talk all that much.

There's another one from oblivion (did guards there) who is almost as annoying, haven't identified him yet.

Wes Johnson? I found his YouTube channel yesterday. He posted a video (well, more like a picture with a voiceover) making fun of the arrow to the knee jokes and his Imperial guard characters.

Edited by SavageArtistry