Bethesda's voice acting

JanusForbeare

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Mercer's voice made me want to kill him.

Farengar just can't act.

Also, I didn't really care for getting bossed around by Three-Dog in the Dark Brotherhood either.

I never noticed before that Nazir was Three-Dog!!

Also anyone find it weird that Olfrid Battle-Born's voice actor also does Tigger and Winne the Pooh?

Do you find it less weird, that Paarthunax is voiced by Mario? ^^

Seriously, I am pretty much ok with most of the voice-acting. The accented voice takes some getting used to but that's mainly due to his strange intonation, otherwise he didn't do a bad job - and he's my favorite male bard. A few more voices would have been nice though - that the father of the dead girl in Falkreath and the unfortunate werwolf who killed her share the same voice is a little irritating.

The one thing that I would call both bad and extremely ugly is the bit in Esbern's dialogue where they used another voice-actor to fill in some lines ...

The one thing that I would call both bad and extremely ugly is the bit in Esbern's dialogue where they used another voice-actor to fill in some lines ...

Yes, I noticed that as well and it threw a spanner into the works.

The voice actor who plays Farengar is the worst voice actor in any game I've played... seriously, some text to speech programs can talk as well as he can!

Like, I understand that they wanted a accented voice actor (hence why the voice type is called "MaleEvenTonedAccented") but he just did such a poor job of it. :/

Edited by billyro

The voice actor who plays Farengar is the worst voice actor in any game I've played... seriously, some text to speech programs can talk as well as he can!

Like, I understand that they wanted a accented voice actor (hence why the voice type is called "MaleEvenTonedAccented") but he just did such a poor job of it. :/

Oh, I am sorry, I just noticed what I said was ambiguous. I meant the guy who speaks Jarl Baalgruf, Ogmund and I think Raloff too by accented, not Farengar. He has a slightly odd melody in his lines that took me some time to get used to.

A few more voices would have been nice though - that the father of the dead girl in Falkreath and the unfortunate werwolf who killed her share the same voice is a little irritating.

The use of the same voice actors in that Falkreath quest stuck out to me, too. Not sure what they were thinking on that one.

There are a few other times where they use a different voice actor to fill in lines. One I noticed occurs during a special quest you do for Tonilla in the TG questline. While she's talking to you, she switches from her normal FemaleCondescending voice (e.g. Grelka) to the FemaleCommoner voice (e.g. female innkeepers) for a line or two, then goes back to her normal voice. The DG follower Beleval does this too; she normally has the FemaleSultry voice, but she switches to some other voice when you ask to trade with her.

Oh, I am sorry, I just noticed what I said was ambiguous. I meant the guy who speaks Jarl Baalgruf, Ogmund and I think Raloff too by accented, not Farengar. He has a slightly odd melody in his lines that took me some time to get used to.

Ah, ok. Yeah, like Alvor's line "We need to get word to Jarl Balgruuf to send whatever soldiers he can..." the Jarl Balgruuf bit sounds a little big song-like. But I still think that he's probably the best voice actor in Skyrim.

Also, I want them to bring back the Morrowind voices for the Dunmer! It was really cool seeing a certain friend in Dawnguard who was voiced by the same guy... Seriously, that was like the perfect Dunmer voice.

• 3 weeks later...