Question on repairing neck steams for custom body

toxsickcity

Hi guys,

I am creating a mod which replaces the bodies of NPCs and creating new NPCs and am experimenting with having them look different.

I have successfully done porting of a clothes from skyrim to fo4 so I have some ideas on modding..

I want to know how to repair neck seams which appear as actual gaps... Not texture discolouration

I have been using body slide to adjust the Nif of the body and the head front and back.

I spent a few hours working with front and back of head to only remember the game has exported head data for each NPCs.. just like skyrim.. so that might have been a waste of time

So I should focus on the body itself and make the body neck align with the head in stead of vice versa.

Does this sound right?

Also.

I use body slide and basically move the vertexs to fit where the gap would be.

Is there a better way to do this? Such as a button that joins 2 meshes using a better app such as blender?

If anyone can explain this stuff a little more I'd appreciate this.

Thanks

Edited by toxsickcity

I can tell you what I've found so far.

Using the object files .obj in blender.

Blender has a way to snap to vertex and allowed to make perfect seams but requires crazy work to make it work in game such as re doing textures and the entire lighting

Give me more days and I can work this s#*! out...

Currently working off a armour guide... It is explaining to import Nif to 3ds max then move to blender etc..

But might be able to get away with this just using 3ds max

I am getting to know both blender and 3dsmax, all I know so far is working with .obj files means if you have an existing Nif this will scrub away all important data for how the object is displayed in game

For neck seams repair I want to keep the Nif intact and will trial 3dsmax's Nif import export feature on a standard in game Nif to see if it is still useable after modifying the Nif in 3dsmax..

Anyways

Have a look at this guide to see what we need to do to fix the nifs after editing with blender and 3dsmax

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Fallout_4._Part_1

Edited by toxsickcity

I've been looking at that linked page (along with the other 3 parts) too. I'll try to get back to it a bit this weekend.

You're obviously farther along in knowledge about this, but I'll see if I can figure anything out (though it's already been a month and a half that I've been beating my head against the wall while staring at this and 2 related issues/items).

I popped 3ds max on my work machine in the hopes of taking a look at it during slow moments...but that was pretty fruitless. =P

<sly bump> ;-)

I've found this also

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7957/?

A PDF guide which helps learn what nifscope does for us.

Also I have found that 3dsmax moves the body once exported. Even if not editing/touching the mesh etc.

In body slide the body is always much higher, but the skeleton imported helps the body display properly where it needs to be in game so not a big deal breaker.

I have read and learnt a heap which I have yet to apply..

Damn work... No time to mod hahaha

This means you need to move clothes objects to the body not the other way around (move body to clothes) tho I will try haha

This Means moving everything, actually not too hard to do.. I have xyz values to move them by as it same every time

The other thing is I need to see if after editing my neck seams in 3dsmax can I properly rebuild the lighting as currently this is my only concern.

XYZ Translation

You will see that your armour mesh is positioned higher than the vanilla outfit mesh. It doesn't matter, it will work fine in game as the skeleton is in the right position and your armour is rigged to the skeleton. But, if that bothers you, you can move all the BSSubIndexTriShape to the same position the vanilla meshes are:

Select the BSSubIndexTriShape node you want to move

In Block Details change the Translation property values to the ones shown in picture XYZ Translation:

X = 0.0002

Y = 0.8818

Z = -120.8440

I skimmed through it so far, but hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow.

I kinda came to the same conclusion of weighting, but had absolutely no clue where to go from there. So glad to see this.

I see your note about 3ds 2016 vs 2013. I'm running 2016 too, so I shouid ask if that end up being a part of the problem or is it fine with 2016?