Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

They said "beginning in January" not "beginning of January" :laugh:

I don't expect to even here anything from them until the beginning of week 2.

Besides, it's Sunday, and new years day, you really think they are going to cut their vacation/holiday time off short for this? lol!

Yes I agree fully. Thoroughly disappointed over how long they've made us wait for it. It should have released WITH the game.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all happy new year to all of you! Hope it'll be a faaaaaaantastic one to say the least. Now judging on this quote from the Bethblog.

"Creation Kit - Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download for free the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…"

I'm an impatient bugger but that sounds like they may release it today....thoughts? :thumbsup:

It says Beginning IN January not Beginning OF January.

@ runicNomad -Hate to break it to ya, but Steam opens with the game anyway, whether in online or offline mode, so having Steam going with the toolset is really incidental, you have to have it going to look at your content in the game anyway. Edited by Sunnie

They released Skyrim on time, they'll release this on time. And like Skyrim, it'll be full of ridiculous bugs.

Compared to the previous 4 RPGs they released, Skyrim is relatively bug free.

I miss Daggerfall. There are more bugs than non-bugs, and the bugs make the game a million times harder than it is suppose to be. It is still some of the charm.

I mean, come on, who plays TES games and don't expect bugs? We all know they are there, and we all know to save often.

Hey I remember Learning that the loading screen in Morrowind was deathly Serious lol. "Save Often, for Vvardenfell is a dangerous place"

Why didn't the CK ship with the game itself? I remember that when Bethesda first started releasing them (Morrowind era), the hype was that it was the same program used by the devs to build the game. I take it that's no longer the case in 2012?

I think this delay is cause by Valve's, I mean Bethesda said CK will be the same tool they used to create the game.

So they should already have it, done and ready. However, seeing how much the game is bugged, I wouldn't be surprised if they took their time to fix something before releasing a buggy CK.