Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

Yet again, I am unsure of why they cannot just distribute the program they already used to make the game... a long time ago.

A long time ago they had vecation after burning themself out for release.

A long time ago they were busy patching the game for the major profit - the consoles.

And now they are smacking in the steam workshop.

It isn't as simple as: "Yeah, let's take away the things they can't use aaannndd... here, 10 minutes and you got the ck!". They need to redesign a lot of the toolset and fix it up so it is usefull to us. They need to give us the functions we need, yet not enough so we can get down to the core of the game.

Frankly, we should be happy Bethesda gives us a toolset. Nagging that it comes late isn't helping. Any decent mod will have a pre-production plan, and that is invaluable. Concept artist can draw all the things needed, modellers can model, texturers can do their magic. Frankly, all that we are locked out from is scripting. Which means all but the final gathering of a mod can be done right now. Why the hurry to get the CK?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again, I am unsure of why they cannot just distribute the program they already used to make the game... a long time ago.

A long time ago they had vecation after burning themself out for release.

A long time ago they were busy patching the game for the major profit - the consoles.

And now they are smacking in the steam workshop.

It isn't as simple as: "Yeah, let's take away the things they can't use aaannndd... here, 10 minutes and you got the ck!". They need to redesign a lot of the toolset and fix it up so it is usefull to us. They need to give us the functions we need, yet not enough so we can get down to the core of the game.

Frankly, we should be happy Bethesda gives us a toolset. Nagging that it comes late isn't helping. Any decent mod will have a pre-production plan, and that is invaluable. Concept artist can draw all the things needed, modellers can model, texturers can do their magic. Frankly, all that we are locked out from is scripting. Which means all but the final gathering of a mod can be done right now. Why the hurry to get the CK?

Wise words, i could'nt have said it better myself!

I don't think you can say with 100% accuracy that you can't predict how long it will take to code something. More often than not a good programmer will be able to tell you how long it will take to finish coding something small, then you add all those small pieces together and distribute the hours between the workers and you've know how long it will take to get 1/4 of the work done. Then it will take about twice as long to debug it.

Or if they coded it in a really clever way, then it will probably take 5 times as long as it took to code it. So..

estimates * 4 * 5

Just take your estimate and multiply by 20, that is how long it will take for it to work without 99% of the errors or bugs.

I wonder what people would do if they said the CK will be the first DLC?

That wouldn't surprise me actually. I'd buy it for $9.99.

I guess i would grudgingly buy it.But i'll be pissed off for having to pay for it.