Modular in-game system for clothes. Are people interested ?

slevin92

Hello everyone.

Recently I've improved my fco mods. Basically it give more or less the same clothing system as the Witcher 3. You can choose what to wear on top, bottom, shoes, etc..

But after working pretty hard on hit, I wonder if peoples are interested in something like this to replace the vanilla system or do you guys prefer to stick with what Bethesda gave us? (Only premade outfits). What's your opinions on this ?

I haven't downloaded it but since you asked, I'll try to test it today and give some helpful advice. Typically I use a lot of modded outfits both for vanilla body and Super Hero Bodies/Atomic Beauty so how will those work with your system?

I personally prefer premade outfits because they take only one slot, they guarantee no clipping and you're able to wear a ton of accessories or armors on top of them. But then again, I mostly make clothing mods so even when I don't like a certain piece of an outfit, I can always just change it myself so my opinion on this is kind of undecided.

I'd be very interested in a modular system. I use very few clothes mods - in fact, out of 150+ mods, I haven't got any major outfit mods currently loaded. That's partly because I like the vanilla outfits and partly because many clothing mods fixate on CBBE, which I'm not a fan of. However, it does feel odd when all my companions are wearing the same harness with the same pair of sneakers. So yeah, being able to mix things up would be cool.

Yeah the modular clothing system is not perfect. There's some clipping issues and it's a pain in the ass to solve them. But for me it allow way more customization than a premade outfit. NPC just never wear the same clothes.

You can still wear some extra parts and armor parts with it.