Skyrim DLC

Marcvss

Timing Skyrim’s DLC release date

January 2, 2012 By Daniel Chubb

We’ve already heard a lot about the Skyrim DLC users want with some clever ideas being shown, and while we’ll have to wait to see if Bethesda included some of the cool ideas suggested, one of the most important things needed is a well timed release date.

There has been no news on specific details for the first Skyrim downloadable content, although rumors point to the DLC going back to Morrowind, which can be seen via a video below this article. There is an invisible wall with a design around the border that fits well with the above possibility, and some player’s think it’s all ready for the new Skyrim expansion.

Not all Skyrim users love this idea, with some people wondering, “why go back to a place we’ve already traveled so much?” Some gamers that have read a few books on the “Great War” seem to agree that Skyrim DLC cannot go back to Morrowind, and their line of thought sits with the idea that most of Morrowind is no more. Personally we like the idea of Morrowind, and it would be great to return to the red mountain, how about you?

While the setting for DLC is extremely important, the issue of timing is almost as important. When you ask a number of Skyrim players about the DLC, most of them will give you a page of ideas and some players are already bored with Skyrim. These people want DLC right now, although they’d be disappointed considering the update will have a lot of “meat“, according to Bethesda, which means it will take some time to develop.

Skyrim has exceeded expectations, which was explained by Todd Howard last month, and he also said there is no timetable for Skyrim’s DLC. When the date comes, you can be sure the new content will include some ideas users have been sharing on blogs and via YouTube videos, which is thanks to Howard’s team keeping an eye on what the users want. You can count on the DLC not adding any multiplayer elements, which was hinted at by Howard explaining it’s not their focus with the DLC plans.

When is the perfect release date for the first Skyrim DLC?

It won’t be soon – is the official line from the Game Director, although you can expect game improvements and a lot from the DLC. There are many players like us, with heading towards 300 hours of gameplay, and DLC is wanted now even though we’re not bored yet. While we know the DLC is not coming this month, it needs to come sooner in 2012, rather than later. When would you like some downloadable content, and when do you think it will be? You can also read about the need for mods on console versions, which could be possible via Xbox 360 and PS3 DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46P6ArnUk0g

Above article I came accross on Gaming Inentertainment and was quit curious to the reactions on it from you guys...

Morrowind DLC is actually quite possible.

People are confusing the game Morrowind with the province Morrowind. The game, Morrowind, was not actually the whole province of Morrowind, but only the island Vvardenfell.

So Skyrim's DLC could take place on main land Morrowind which is still new, and with the Argonians capturing Morrowind it could feature a new and unique setting which is, finally, dominated by one of the beast races.

They should first fix this Game before thinking about DLC's who will break this Game even more.

If this is done, yeah they will probably add new Landscapes, Todd said they wanna make lesser, but bigger DLC's (he didnt liked they way Fallout 3 was handeled).

I'd like the DLC to be in either Morrowind or the Eastern side of Hammerfell.

I din't want it to take place on Vvardenfell though, mainland Morrowind sounds better. Besides Vvardenfell exploded so....

I want Hammerfell because of the desert environment mainly, should be easy to retexture the snow storms and snow on the ground to a sandy colour.

Someones done that already.

Mainland Morrowind means filling a hell of a lot of space for just DLC, it's probably too big even for a full expansion. Anyway I wouldn't take too much notice of the land beyond the border, Oblivion had it too. Maybe they could do a city in another province much like they did with Mournhold? I'm thinking of one in the Elven lands, something to tie into the current troubles between man and mer.

Maybe somewhere in Black Marsh/Esleweyr. Skyrim is a place where Nords and the more human looking races are treated better than the beast races, it'd be a nice contrast to be somewhere where a beast race is more welcomed. Or something... Really I just want a more exotic landscape. :whistling:

Anything without snow. Seriously. I knew from the start that the snowy regions of Skyrim would be monotonous and blizzard filled from Bethesda's previous poor handling of weather. I'm goddamn sick of it already - I'd love somewhere where the default weather is clear skies for about 300 days of the year.

It rained all the freaking time on Vvardenfell and in Cyrodil. It's like the people responsible for weather effects think so highly of their work that they equate more with better.

Sounds to me like It's going to be more of an expansion than just DLC (which could be a good thing)...

Let's hope they don't just do lame ones like they did for FO:New Vegas, those DLC's weren't much better than just another side quest at a different town and the only real reason to install them were for the couple of new items they added to he game (though with the mod community so talented and the use of the GECK, they were pretty much superfluous) ... or break a crucial game/plot mechanic like the infamous one in FO3 with he Operation:Anchorage add-on =

Sorry you can't wear Power Armor until you've been trained and we won't train you until we like you enough - Fair enough, gives you a reason to continue helping them, but ... Oh wait I'll just install this add-on and screw making friends with the Brotherhood ...

Just really bad planning from Bethesda there

But has been stated, let's hope they put some effort into actually fixing the game first before mucking about with DLC's

Dude the DLCs for New Vegas were excellent. I think your mistaken.

But I didn't mean the whole of mainland Morrowind, I was thinking more along the lines of the Western Half of it.

But still I'd prefer Hammerfell. I've always been obsessed with it since Oblivion.

Even though i never played Morrowind (only the first few minutes and dumped it because of Thousands of Text and No actual Dialogue) i find it strange for a Game to be called Morrowind when its not even the Whole Province of it, so why not make a DLC for the Morrowind Game and give Skyrim some Other DLC like the Dwemner and Thalmor and Falmer.