• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id rather have an SSD over a 10k drive personally

think slowly

did you mean to say a 10k drive

because if you did

you would prefer to have a cup of tea over having a 10k drive.

im american, k =/= kilometer.

k == thousand.

10k == 10000

In the case of the Raptors, he is referring to the RPM speed: 10,000 RPM. Yes, they were Very expensive when they came on the market. I remember when Seagate came out with the very first !GB HDD at a retail price of $1,000 US.

In the case of the Raptors, he is referring to the RPM speed: 10,000 RPM. Yes, they were Very expensive when they came on the market. I remember when Seagate came out with the very first !GB HDD at a retail price of $1,000 US.

id be willing to bet he knew what i really meant from the very beginning

Nice to see ~Monitors get a mention it is often one of the overlooked items we buy as PC users...

I have a couple of tips to share (hope useful)

1) Professional Gamers (I'm not) like to keep their ~Monitor size in a certain range ie. not oversized as this means action /threat

in their peripheral vision can be lost in intense battle/fight situations. my current is just an Acer 22" monitor.

2) Also a good response time measured in micro seconds (ms) my Acer is 5ms... and a good Contrast ratio to

give realistic depth of field without 'white-out' of some colour (again) in certain colour ranges.

Monitor producers have to balance all these things and sometimes Gains in one area mean a Loss all be it nominal

in another area... though we are all really, totally spoilt for choice (lucky us)

hope this is of use to above : )

id be willing to bet he knew what i really meant from the very beginning

...yeh I think he was just being a little 'testy' we new what you meant...

also I would like to retract (somewhat) the comment I made about Raptor Drives good yes

but as some know with experience (not me) pretty Noisy SSD (or SCSI) is where it is at..!