Video of Skyrim made withFRAPS

Deleted54170User

FRAPS is a great software tool. I can capture better screenies because I can get it to shoot rapid shot's or video. I have one video of some flying white frost orbs streaking through the air in a green forest in some mountain region. I managed to follow them while FRAPS was in video mode and discovered where they originated.

I got a really nice surprise for dodging the streaking orbs instead of attacking them.

I was uploading the video at YouTube and when it was nearly 3/4 the way uploaded I got the message that says, "You cannot upload anything that isn't your personal copyrighted material."

Am I violating copyright's by posting screenies, screen captures, and video's, because they aren't my personal copyrighted material?

If I make it clear I am uploading Bethesda Softworks production Skyrim and it belongs to them and that I captured off of Skyrim can I upload the video than?

I had the same problem before and I sent out several messages to the staff but got no response from them. They don't want to take any chances of having a lawsuit filed against them. So I just gave up on the idea. Edited by Donutsalad

You're perfectly allowed to post footage of anything games because by doing so, you aren't giving other people the game. Thats what they mean by sharing copyrighted material - If Skyrim were a movie, uploading it to YouTube would be sharing copyrighted material because people could watch the whole thing from what you uploaded.

Obviously, you can't play Skyrim through a YouTube video, so it's fine.

In future, think about it a little - can people get the whole experience of the product by watching this video? Oh, and search YouTube for whatever the thing is.

I've posted well over 40 hours of Skyrim game footage to Youtube without problems. The worst that has happened is that certain videos are flagged with 'Matched third party content' because of the game's music. But even then, the video remains up, and the notice just says “No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video.“

There's even a process one can do if they want to claim “fair use“ and dispute the copyright notice. I've been successful with it in the past, but have only used it for videos where the audio is completely disabled. I don't care about the advertisements. Let YT make their money. It's a great service, and I'm just happy they let me keep uploading gigabytes of useless crap. :happy:

Edited by gigantibyte

I have one video of some flying white frost orbs streaking through the air in a green forest in some mountain region. I managed to follow them while FRAPS was in video mode and discovered where they originated.

I got a really nice surprise for dodging the streaking orbs instead of attacking them.

Hehe , if the orb you're talking about is what i think it is , it got me unaware the first time too lol , then i found a book in a dungeon that talked about them and i read it and i was amazed at how well their strategy had worked on me lol. Leading adventurers to them in that way .

I wish i could go further with details but that would mean spoiling the surprise for those who haven't met one yet . All i'm gonna say is that i got fooled by the orb but in the end i survived lol.

• 8 months later...