ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Weapon that requires power armor?

RedDog6911

Now that is a great idea.. palms face.... that should have been in the game from the start, heavy weapons being restricted to power armor unless modified at a workbench which would reduce damage and rate of fire.

Yeah, it's something that's bugged me about the game for a while. Sure you can fire a missile launcher without issue, not much recoil there. A Fat Man because of how it works would have more recoil, but could still be possible. The Minigun could be fired handheld too, but it's not very practical without power armor in my opinion. My real issue though is weapons like the WH-Mk22 Heavy Machinegun, and automatic versions of the Type 76 and QBU-76-20 Anti Power Armor Rifles. I just can't see an unarmored human firing an automatic .50, 14.5mm or 20mm "rifle" while standing. Even semi-automatic while standing is questionable with the 14.5mm and 20mm.

Edited by RedDog6911

The Minigun could be fired handheld too, but it's not very practical without power armor in my opinion.

Funny you mention that and I come across this thread. I just watched this video that I somehow stumbled upon.

I think all or most of the heavy weapons should require or are greatly assisted by having power armor to shoulder their weight and help reduce recoil.

As a side note, has the tag changed for youtube videos? I'm trying [ youtube ] numbers after v= [ / youtube ] and it's not working.

The Minigun could be fired handheld too, but it's not very practical without power armor in my opinion.

Funny you mention that and I come across this thread. I just watched this video that I somehow stumbled upon.

I think all or most of the heavy weapons should require or are greatly assisted by having power armor to shoulder their weight and help reduce recoil.

As a side note, has the tag changed for youtube videos? I'm trying [ youtube ] numbers after v= [ / youtube ] and it's not working.

It's definitely possible to fire a minigun handheld, but you're not going to get accurate sustained fire. Not to mention the weight of the weapon plus ammo isn't going to be easy to lug around.

7.62 minigun

5.56 minigun

I used the full address inside the tags.

Edited by RedDog6911