Help figuring out which mod is looking for chesko_frostfall.esp (i.e., Missing Master)

ryams27

Hey guys,

I'll spare everyone the long backstory, but I recently tried to uninstall Frostfall because I was getting CTDs and, based on past experience, Frostfall was a likely culprit.

I right-clicked it and hit "remove mod" in Mod Organizer. The next time I loaded MO, however, I got the Missing Masters error for "chesko_frostfall.esp". I assume this means another mod is relying on/looking for Frostfall. I also understand that "chesko_frostfall.esp" is from an old version of Frostfall. I tried running Skyrim despite the Missing Masters warning and, of course, it crashed after the initial Bethesda screen.

Below is my load order. Any help figuring out which mod might be looking for Frostfall would be greatly appreciated.

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
3 3 Dawnguard.esm
4 4 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
5 5 HearthFires.esm
6 6 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
7 7 Dragonborn.esm
8 8 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
9 9 Falskaar.esm
10 a Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
11 b ApachiiHair.esm
12 c ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
13 d HighResTexturePack01.esp
14 e HighResTexturePack02.esp
15 f HighResTexturePack03.esp
16 10 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
17 11 RaceMenu.esp
18 12 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
19 13 ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
20 14 SkyUI.esp
21 15 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
22 16 ELFX - Exteriors.esp
23 17 3DNPC.esp
24 18 Convenient Horses.esp
25 19 BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
26 1a BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
27 1b Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
28 1c Headtracking.esp
29 1d Rainbows.esp
30 1e ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
31 1f Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
32 20 VioLens.esp
33 21 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
34 22 Combat Evolved.esp
35 23 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
36 24 dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
37 25 AHZmoreHUD.esp
38 26 dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
39 27 LootandDegradation.esp
40 28 DeadlyDragons.esp
41 29 DeadlyMonsters.esp
42 2a BetterQuestObjectives.esp
43 2b Book Covers Skyrim.esp
44 2c ELFXEnhancer.esp
45 2d Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
46 2e Helgen Reborn.esp
47 2f RealisticWaterTwo.esp
48 30 Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp
49 31 OBIS.esp
50 32 BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
51 33 Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
52 34 AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
53 35 ELFX - Weathers.esp
54 36 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
55 37 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
56 38 Immersive Weapons.esp
57 39 RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
58 3a Run For Your Lives.esp
59 3b SMIM-Merged-All.esp
60 3c Immersive Patrols II.esp
61 3d FISS.esp
62 3e TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
63 3f UnreadBooksGlow.esp
64 40 BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
65 41 UltimateCombat.esp
66 42 When Vampires Attack.esp
67 43 Better Dynamic Snow.esp
68 44 Moss Rocks.esp
69 45 RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
70 46 RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
71 47 Immersive Music Temples.esp
72 48 Immersive Music.esp
73 49 Imaginator BETA.esp
74 4a Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
75 4b SkyTweak.esp
76 4c OBISDB.esp
77 4d Footprints.esp
78 4e ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
79 4f ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
80 50 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
81 51 Bashed Patch, 0.esp
82 52 DynDOLOD.esp

An easy way to figure this kind of thing out is by loading your load order up in TES5Edit. It has a loader pane on the right hand side that displays what it's doing, so if you're missing a master it will crash, but it will display the name of the last file it tried to load. That will give you the file causing the missing master error.

An easy way to figure this kind of thing out is by loading your load order up in TES5Edit. It has a loader pane on the right hand side that displays what it's doing, so if you're missing a master it will crash, but it will display the name of the last file it tried to load. That will give you the file causing the missing master error.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I'm going to give this a try tonight and will report back.

If you look at your load order in the right pane of Mod Organizer any mod that is missing a master will be flagged with a triangle icon with a red border and black exclamation mark. Hold the mouse over such entries and its list of masters will be displayed in a tool tip bubble. It will list the mod folder it is from, followed by missing masters, followed by enabled masters. From there you can disable the plugin itself or the entire mod folder.

I did what you said & quickly identified DynDoLod as the culprit. I uninstalled & now the game is as stable as ever & still looks great. Thanks again for the helpful response.

If you look at your load order in the right pane of Mod Organizer any mod that is missing a master will be flagged with a triangle icon with a red border and black exclamation mark. Hold the mouse over such entries and its list of masters will be displayed in a tool tip bubble. It will list the mod folder it is from, followed by missing masters, followed by enabled masters. From there you can disable the plugin itself or the entire mod folder.

Thanks a lot