Hey, I need advice

Rennn

I have many mods installed, but I need to reinstall Oblivion because I'm about to start a total conversion in a similar vein to Nehrim, using few vanilla resources save for the game engine itself. is it possible via workaround to install Oblivion twice, to two different locations on my computer? One for regular Oblivion with mods, and one for my total conversion project?

Back up your main game files by extracting them to a custom folder. I did it like this when I made some engine edits to extend graphics and scripts, along with some other edits. Basicley, like this:

Create a folder and name it something like "Oblivion2" or "Oblivion Old"

Extract all the files but the Oblivion application and the other applications to the new folder.

Then go ahead and reinstall oblivion, and if this doesn't work out, then replace the new files with the old files.

Thanks, that looks exactly like what I need! :)

I'll still stick my stuff on a flash drive first though, just in case.

Edited by Rennn

Always keep backups of your WIP mod. They'll provide a safety net for hardware failure if you keep them on a separate physical hard drive (or flash drive) plus if you do so regularly they'll give you an opportunity to take a couple of steps back if you find yourself with a broken mod due to some glitch or error while working on your mod.

I've been using MOM for a couple of weeks now. It makes keeping two or more characters, each with individual mod lists, an absolute breeze. You could work on your mod in a vanilla Oblivion environment and then test on any flavour of modded Oblivion you want. Wouldn't play without it again.