False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

While the bashed patch issue is definitely legit, do not allow yourselves to become complacent if you don't use one because those other form 43 mods you're running are ALSO an issue that must be fixed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still using old version of Bashed Patch which is my only form 43 plugin. I'm also using Skyrim Nexus Overhaul. Didn't have any problem with it before SKSE, but after I installed SKSE and Immersive Creatures, I've started getting random crashes in open world - there are some incompatibilities between the two, it seems.

Anyway, since installing SKSE I've yet to encounter false save corruption or disappearing dialogue - even while using SkyUI and general subtitles.

May not be the same issue like you have but...

When my save file gets bigger and bigger, I also run into this "save file is corrupt" text when I open the Load Menu in-game. But when I close the Load Menu again and reopen it after a few seconds, all is good. My best guess is that the game needs too much time to parse the save files and then shows corrupt state when it really is not.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

I have experienced the save corruption quite often. But in my cause it is a duplicate problem - anytime I mess with Skyrim.ini all the saves that was made with the game using the previous .ini will become corrupt.

Without changing .ini file, the saves are never corrupted. I have been playing the game for months now with 134 mods and not a single corrupted saves.

ooooh, a *new* find! in my feeble attempts to begin a new game, in morrowind, oblivion, etc.....I would find some wonderful idea to tweak the ini and pref files while in my game after I start. ah, maybe now with SSE this is not a good idea at all. set those ini files and do not mess with them ever again unless you begin a new game. this probably would hold for ini files that come with mods too! set em and forget em.

how about the settings for EMB mods?! all of those tweaks one makes?

how about the MCM menu to teak mod settings? once baked into your save, what affects will MCM changes, enb configurating then do to the save?

room too dark? save the game then change the settings in mcm or enb ini or enb settings programs. better, if one , say, uses the alternate start mod, better change everything before you save, then save at a new slot and use that information for keeps and then change NOTHING ever again for your playthrough: mcm, enb, skyrim prefs, skyrim ini, or any other tweak which would result in a changed save game setting.

?????

freestone

Well, I can confirm that I have NOT changed ini settings in a single save and still have issues. So for me, that's not the reason for my troubles. I usually make a tweak and set with it until I find some definitive reason to change it again. That and I'm down to 223 plugins... I've been slimming down my install, unfortunately, it's not been helping, and always on a new game when changes are made. I'm so sick of the starting runs lol.

So i have increased my installed mods. currently running 251 esps. I only have 2 old form 43 in my load order (one of them being a bash patch). I ran 2 hours of fighting, questing and crafting. No issues. I have gone through each mod converting it, esmifying it's masters, and making sure all my meshes are converted.

one confirmed mod that causes the issue, despite being updated it Wet and Cold, which makes me sad. I get the bug around 40min with it installed, ran it without it installed (and no other changes) 2 hours no sweat. Put it back (and no other changes) bug at 45 min.